• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever want to watch some seriously deluded people I recommend "I Think We're Alone Now" about two obsessed Tiffany fans. I could barely finish this thing.

DominoKid

What kind of bad? Like why aren't you video taping this shit by now and leaking it to the media bad or what?

'Why did this even get made' bad. I bet Samuel L had an absolute ball filming it.
Its actually inspired by a real life event which surprised the hell out of me.

But Bird directed Ratatouille...

That's true, but... I dunno. Not my favorite Bird movie.

I was so stoked with The Incredibles since it broke away from the Pixar "talking thing that doesn't normally talk" wheelhouse and Ratatouille ended up being nowhere near as memorable to me. I did like Up and I still need to see Brave. I just don't want Pixar to get pigeonholed and The Incredibles still sticks out as their most outlandish film, for me.

What kind of bad? Like why aren't you video taping this shit by now and leaking it to the media bad or what?

Like Jumper bad.

Reading the synopsis right now.

Chris later finds out that Lisa skipped birth control pills to force the issue, and when he confronts her she accuses him of being shortsighted.

This shit sounds all over the place.

I'm late

But K-ON is my shit. Ritsu = best girl

I will never watch that show because fuck that, but good on you for being proud of your interests. They'll hunt you. They'll condemn you; set the dogs on you. But that's what needs to happen.

I still need to see Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, and Brave.

The first two are great. The word gets thrown around too much, but Nemo is truly epic. Haven't seen Brave, but heard it was okay, though a bit boring (or dark, can't remember which).

If you've seen the best, why see the rest?

/BradBirdfanboy

normal.jpg

So you hating on this?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I saw the trailer for Jumper and got excited, thinking about the potential of seeing a bunch of Albert Weskers on screen fighting each other. Imagine my surprise when I saw it. >:|

So many good memories I remember seeing it opening weekend.

Shame it wasnt a hit, people just dont appreciate 2D animation anymore.

Edit: And also not marketed correctly.

The Iron Giant opened on August 6, 1999 in the United States in 2,179 theaters, accumulating $5,732,614 over its opening weekend. The film went on to gross $23,159,305 domestically and $8,174,612 internationally to make a total of $31,333,917 worldwide making it a failure.
In an interview with Brad Bird, IGN stated that it was "a mis-marketing campaign of epic proportions at the hands of Warner Bros., they simply didn't realize what they had on their hands.

"We had toy people and all of that kind of material ready to go, but all of that takes a year! Burger King and the like wanted to be involved. In April we showed them the movie, and we were on time. They said, "You'll never be ready on time." No, we were ready on time. We showed it to them in April and they said, "We'll put it out in a couple of months." That's a major studio, they have 30 movies a year, and they just throw them off the dock and see if they either sink or swim, because they've got the next one in right behind it. After they saw the reviews they [Warner Bros.] were a little shamefaced."
— Writer Tim McCanlies on Warner Bros.' marketing approach

Shame it wasnt a hit, people just dont appreciate 2D animation anymore.

Underappericated Classic, yeah 2D aminatiation was kinda out the door when it came out didn't Shrek come out by then ? My favorite scene was when
The Giant flipped out and went nuclear on the army when he though Hogarth died

Slayven

They should do a Blue Marvel movie. Government gives a black man a white woman so that he retires. It was unintentionally funny.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'd say Blade. I try stay away for all blaxploitation superheroes, that have animal/ primal powers, electric powers, robot parts or an overabundance of guns.

You stay away from so called blaxploitation characters, but choose blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom