• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time. Save me y'all.

Don't see the appeal AT ALL. You are king shit in one of those mechs, but they're all emotional wrecks. Put some real men and women in those things instead of unstable children.

Onemic

Don't see the appeal AT ALL. You are king shit in one of those mechs, but they're all emotional wrecks. Put some real men and women in those things instead of unstable children.

It's japan though. You gotta have emotional teenagers saving the world and blowing shit up, it's like cool or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're watching anime with mechs in it, and it's not involving Go Nagai in some form, you're wasting your time.

tumblr_mcf92fMO8R1rjxyrgo5_250.gif

ReiGun

Eva did nothing for me. I hated all the characters, and I cannot get into a story if I can't get with the characters.

It's fucking freezing in Baltimore.

Onemic

Right now the story and mystery surrounding the eva's have me intrigued, but that Shinji kid pisses the fuck outta me. For some reason he seems like the spitting image of the stereotypical cynical gaffer.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Going from Zone of The Enders 1 to Second Runner was kinda funny. The kid was a mess in the first game, then in the sequel you're playing a fucking badass.

Eva did nothing for me. I hated all the characters, and I cannot get into a story if I can't get with the characters.

It's fucking freezing in Baltimore

This is very true. Jack frost is being a bitch about things.

Shinji is a little shit of a main character and I have yet to meet anyone who genuinely likes him.
I think Shinji is a good protagonist. Sure he's on the insufferable side, but it works in the context of the story.

K-On! is well made fluff, there is far worse anime out there. Spend enough time in the AnimeGAF thread and you will understand.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
True story, the black kids in my school talked about anime more than the nerdy anime kids that wore Goku button ups.

I got the recap of Samurai Champloo in my Math class every morning.

Imm0rt4l

Shinji is a little shit of a main character and I have yet to meet anyone who genuinely likes him.
movie spoiler
lol @ shinji masturbating to a comatose asuka after he exposed her breasts

"I'm pathetic"

Right shinji, you are pathetic
True story, the black kids in my school talked about anime more than the nerdy anime kids that wore Goku button ups.

I got the recap of Samurai Champloo in my Math class every morning.
Samurai champloo is godlike tho

I think Shinji is a good protagonist.

K-On! is well made fluff, there is far worse anime out there.

He doesn't have be stone cold bullshit like the Gundam characters but I found him far too annoying to actually enjoy Evangelion.

I'm not a fan of anything post Azumanga Daioh.

movie spoiler
lol @ shinji masturbating to a comatose asuka after he exposed her breasts

"I'm pathetic"

Right shinji, you are pathetic

People hated Asuka but she acts like I would if I worked my ass off and he's allowed to be a fucking idiot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The main characters in the new Mazinkaiser SKL are awesome because they're both insane and just try to fight everyone.

Imm0rt4l

I haven't followed anime in a long time so I'm not hip to whatever gets played these days. I did watch kids on the slope due to watanbe, jazz and kanno. Also I peeped a few of the new lupin episodes, that shit is all style and no heart tho. Plus they turned my girl fujiko into a whore basically.
In my top 3
Good man, I hope bebop is up there.a

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And if none of you have ever watched Cromartie High School, get on it. I typically don't like anime, but that shit's hilarious.

Onemic

I haven't followed anime in a long time so I'm not hip to whatever gets played these days. I dis watch kids on the slope due to watanbe, jazz and kanno. Also I peeped a few of the new lupin episodes, that shit is all style and no heart tho. Plus they turned my girl fujiko into a whore basically.

How's the rest of Kids on the Slope anyway? I got to episode 5 and stopped.

RedSwirl

My favorite mech movie is probably Patlabor 2, which is really just a detective movie with mechs appearing in the first two and last two minutes.

It's justified to an extent. Edit: It's about as exploitative as cheap melodrama, and the two sometimes go together.

I'm only half-joking; when there's no purpose to the cuteness beyond being cute, then it's deserving of hate. I've seen people paint with a wide brush on what falls into that category though

I love the scene where Mugen spares the girl who betrayed his ass.

smh @ you defending moe, that shit is only a step above crap like boku

That's my second favorite moment after the part where the blind chick attacks Jin and he thinks "Can she really see my moves?" and then she says "It's not my eyes that see them!"

Let me find some moeblob stuff, brb

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I love the scene where Mugen spares the girl who betrayed his ass.

smh @ you defending moe, that shit is only a step above crap like boku

The drum solo beat leading up to that was the most tense shit ever. Champloos soundtrack was fucking top notch.

And the ending to that boku video gets me every time

Slayven

Giant robot pilots should only come in 2 types, so cool they burn and the damn the torpedos fire everything.

In the ideal they would be piloted by Banban.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Giant robot pilots should be only come in 2 types so cool they burn and the damn the torpedoed fire everything.

In the ideal they would be piloted by Banban.

Pretty much. Lames in mecha piss me off. I mean I know not everyone can be isamu dyson, but weak dudes is never the fucking option.

Oh yeah, I was banned for the last month so I never got to get the 3rd part of the Free Mufasa story! Could someone hook me up with that? Would it appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom