• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Good man, I hope bebop is up there.a

top 3 would probably be

Berserk
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop

I do think Bebop is a bit tbh. It's the last 8 episodes or so that the show really shines, The middle part of the series is a drag.

Onemic, let me know when you get to End of Evangelion

You'll totally enjoy it!

I hear it's like Xenogears (or that Xenogears is like it)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
LOL

We could really get this party started, and talk about how black men envy the solidarity, sense of culture, and women of Japan. That's always one to get my race car in the red. :)

Because our sense of culture is always being co-opted by others? Not so sure about the other two.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Because our sense of culture is always being co-opted by others? Not so sure about the other two.

Oh, its not something I agree with. Just something that I used to... debate about with a friend.

However, what would you define as "our sense of culture?"

Imm0rt4l

Isn't it still going on? I wanna read it, especially with the way the anime ends, but without a tablet reading comics/manga on a PC screen sucks.

Yea it's still going, and much better than the anime. Although I think the new golden age movies are decent even thought they are abridged. I remember liking the outtakes from the anime english dub though. But the manga>>>>

Problem with the manga is that it's moving a crawl. I haven't read Berserk since 2005 or so it was on volume 30......the manga currently is only on volume 37.

Yeah, it's a lot better than the anime.

Too bad miura is too busy playing idol master to finish the fucking thing.

one more reason moe culture is ruining anime

Parallax

Oh, its not something I agree with. Just something that I used to... debate about with a friend.

However, what would you define as "our sense of culture?"

Most modern styles of music have been created off black people. As well as varying styles of fashion.

Also forgive the example but in Naruto all of the little ninjas have tragic backstories, so no one does, if you understand what I'm getting at.

Parallax

Superhero Taisen.

I wanted to choke him with his own hair. All that damn whining.

For a sec I thought you were talking about Joe yabuki and got depressed at that nut punch of a fucking ending.....

And devo, are you using the syndrome rule for naruto?

For a sec I thought you were talking about Joe yabuki and got depressed at that nut punch of a fucking ending.....

What is this syndrome rule?

i3BMNSFCg82Pq.jpg

Gorillaz

Cars was shit to begin with, never bothered with the sequel.

I remember watching it with my little cuz a year ago on ABC.....Don't know how that one made it to the screen in the first place.

I liked Ratatouille a lot too even tho I don't think a sequel could work with that one.

Slayven

I am working on a rating system that uses Joe tears as a measurement.

I remember watching it with my little cuz a year ago on ABC.....Don't know how that one made it to the screen in the first place.

I liked Ratatouille a lot too even tho I don't think a sequel could work with that one.

Not everything needs a sequel. I like that there are some films that can stand on their own.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2830270-jl16.jpg

Black Lightning, Vixen, and Cyborg? "Rule of Three" says we Justice League now.

i would have to say that its very condescending and disrespectful to call Cyborg 'Black' and completely ignore his cybernetic half. i mean, it would be like making a list of awesome Androids and listing Brainiac, Data, the Galaxy Note II and Cyborg. would you do that? NO! </Measley>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom