• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Bring your baby to the dollar theater, cuz movies don't have a sell by date.

#PartTimeDater

It's been shit for me personally but I've never met a happy banker.

My mom and a few of my aunts are in banking and have been saying to stay away for as long as I can remember.

You aint fucking with this retail struggle!

I've seen grown ass men cry while me and a few others explained they'd have to sell their business and home to cover their debts.

I saw an elderly war vet try to keep his composure as he was told he could face 5-10 years in prison for fraud.

It's beyond struggle at times. I'm not a teller, I've seen real shit.

I've seen grown ass men cry while me and a few others explained they'd have to sell their business and home to cover their debts.

I saw an elderly war vet try to keep his composure as he was told he could face 5-10 years in prison for fraud.

It's beyond struggle at times. I'm not a teller, I've seen real shit.

I would rather be on that end then the receiving end, I have no joy left.

Edit: The fact that I said that shows how fucked up its made me.

Morris, from what you've seen what would you say are the biggest causes of major debt?

What I'm doing now and have been doing for the past year is completely different than what I did '07 to '10 when those stories occured.

I used to work with small businesses, for example they'd give their customers 30 days to pay their bill, but small businesses can't cover you for a full 30 days so they'd sell them to a bank who advances 90% of the bill and when you eventually pay your bill the bank keeps that 10%.

So tons of companies made fake invoices which in some cases mounted into the hundreds of thousands.

To answer your question, I personally had nothing to do with shitty lending but I worked with the people who did.

"Drake talkin tough on records is like a lotion dispenser squirtin out a couple hard chunks…its still all lotion."

The truest words ever typed on the internet.

But he started from the bottom...........

1BRZNgT.jpg

Onemic

Ordered a vita last week should be here thursday already having second thoughts after having hands on with 3dsxl :\

yesss, another one has joined the brotherhood.

Got it at the right time too, since vita's been getting a metric fuckton of new game announcements the past month.

What I'm doing now and have been doing for the past year is completely different than what I did '07 to '10 when those stories occured.

I used to work with small businesses, for example they'd give their customers 30 days to pay their bill, but small businesses can't cover you for a full 30 days so they'd sell them to a bank who advances 90% of the bill and when you eventually pay your bill the bank keeps that 10%.

So tons of companies made fake invoices which in some cases mounted into the hundreds of thousands.

To answer your question, I personally had nothing to do with shitty lending but I worked with the people who did.

Holy shit. When did the banks start to notice this?

After CEO's went all IDGAF on the business analytic teams telling them it was a bad mistake to do what they were doing. Especially in mortgage servicing. My first job out of college was for a small mortgage servicer down in Columbia SC. I jumped ship a year before the bubble burst. I had colleagues out of work while the CEO was at home in Hilton Head SC sitting on if i recall correctly close to 20 mil.

Asshole even tried to block the severance packages for some employees. The FDIC had to step in and order him to pay up out of his own money. It was a small company and he had to pay but he never did time and the story never got national attention because it was a small company, but him and his cronies made off like fat cats.

Here's a thread about the company if you are interested:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/741040-fdic-shuts-down-netbank-due-defaults.html

In some cases it took many months.

We went through hundreds of invoices a day, so we would only call their customers to verify that it was legit when it was over a certain amount.

Sometimes we'd call and they'd say they didn't buy shit and our client would say its a miscommunication or something and sometimes it was. We were looking for patterns, not isolated incidents.

But there was a couple companies in particular that I would always mention to my boss that I suspected of fraud. They would constantly send in stuff that was just under the limit to call their customers for and since they also had their checking and savings accounts there. I noticed as soon as we paid them they'd write checks to themselves to another bank.

After I was laid off, I kept in touch with some old co workers and seemingly every couple months another client got their story mixed up and got called into the office for 'a meeting'.

Either my boss new the end was coming and was hoping they'd figure things out before the hammer dropped or he knew and was into some shady side stuff.

After CEO's went all IDGAF on the business analytic teams telling them it was a bad mistake to do what they were doing. Especially in mortgage servicing. My first job out of college was for a small mortgage servicer down in Columbia SC. I jumped ship a year before the bubble burst. I had colleagues out of work while the CEO was at home in Hilton Head SC sitting on if i recall correctly close to 20 mil.

Asshole even tried to block the severance packages for some employees. The FDIC had to step in and order him to pay up out of his own money. It was a small company and he had to pay but he never did time and the story never got national attention because it was a small company, but him and his cronies made off like fat cats.

Here's a thread about the company if you are interested:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/741040-fdic-shuts-down-netbank-due-defaults.html

Wow. Dirty business on both sides (referring to Moris' post as well).

Funny how these selfish, short sighted behaviors always lead to ruin (except for the higher-ups, lol)

)=

Nakazato

Buying into the struggle, huh?
Got g3 vita for 150 or so so I made out good

yesss, another one has joined the brotherhood.

Got it at the right time too, since vita's been getting a metric fuckton of new game announcements the past month.

I hope e3 makes vita more attractive to devs.After playing the monster hunter demo I felt like I made a mistake

Edit: yet im very excited for all the indys coming out.

Onemic

Got g3 vita for 150 or so so I made out good

I hope e3 makes vita more attractive to devs.After playing the monster hunter demo I felt like I made a mistake

Best thing to do, buy both. They're different enough that you wont feel like you're double dipping with two handhelds.

And fuck monster hunter on anything with with only one joystick. I learned my lesson with MH on psp. Never again.

Slayven

I hate workplace drama. It's like House of Cards, only the stakes are much lower and the rivalries much more petty.
One of the dirtiest deeds I ever saw was at work. Chick worked third shift with the dude she was fucking, boyfriend worked first shift. She would use the bf's car to run around all day with fuck buddy.

Everyone knew about it too. Chick was a psycho Weeboo to. Fuck biddy and I use to play lumines together and she would come sit on his lap and shit telling to pay attention to her.

Gorillaz

got out of class

got my struggle ps3
struggle TV
Bioshock Infinite

lets get this shit started everyone on gaming side said hard difficulty was the best to start out with since yoy bevome OP after awhile. So prob starting with that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That happened to me Slay, I was the dope boyfriend. It happened after I got my ex a job at the grocery store I worked at. I was too foolish to realise at the time but she was a super slut and fucked half the deli department and my boss. Thankfully dropped her before I caught anything but I did learn that grocery stores (maybe retail in general) are full of skank looking to bang all the time and nasty dudes trying to pull minors. Shift manager would talk about getting the new female sackers (like 15, 16, 17 y/o's) to come over to his place after work. Creepy shit.

Looks like it's gonna be the struggle version of Hamburger Helper tonight: Kraft mac and cheese mixed with cooked hamburger meat.
Retail is always highschool-esqe when it comes to hooking up, cheating and gross weirdos.

Ain't that the truth. When I was at Circuit City, it was like I never left high school. Thankfully everyone there knew to keep that shit out of the customers' sight.

I hate workplace drama. It's like House of Cards, only the stakes are much lower and the rivalries much more petty.

Oh god it's like work in an office man. You hear so much crap you don't want to associate with.

Hell a good number of people I work don't even like me because I keep my conversations purely social & mention nothing personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom