• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreams

get your bumass on the podcast list

#9 In The Workplace Dark Faze & Prof Beef
#10 General Discussion
#11 General Discussion Bish & Mr Jones
#12 Comic Books/Comic Book Movies Slay Riovane & Reigun
#13 General Discussion
#14 General Discussion
#15 Minorities In Media Harson & Topher
#16 General Discussion
#17 General Discussion

#? Bioshock Infinite Topher <---probably gonna bump this one in front of General discussion 10 so we talk about it while its most relevant.

I'm finally re-installing and attempting to play the original Bioshock that I got for 5 bucks a couple years ago.

Fuck you and your shinny new games, I'm playing StruggleShock.

Imm0rt4l

Bioshock had atmosphere and story in spades, I wasn't a fan of the combat at all though. Hopefully infinite has improved on it.

*goes to play some Red Dead Redemption.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Bioshock Infinite is good

It's also probably the most direct look at racism rooted in America I've ever seen in a video game.

That's actually a fucking shame, considering how Assassin's Creed 3 came out a few months back. How the fuck they managed to avoid showing how messed up that era was is beyond me. For a group so big on history they managed to pussy out showing what was a big part of that time period.

So I cracked out on Infinite and it is an amazing title. For a game set in 1912 they show that whole class racial shit with no abandon. What got me is not the interracial couple but the damn kids smoking. Anyway had to take a break been on it 8 hours straight. Bout to fuck with Terraria and see what its all about. Into the breach as it were....

Onemic

Shiiiit, Bioshock Infinite is the truth. First game I've played that actually goes into racial shit in our history.(Assassins Creed Liberation doesnt count)

Got Infinite yesterday but didn't put it in cause I was so tired when I got home from work, tried watching Lincoln for the first time......dont watch that movie when your sleepy, I made it 20min then I was out.

But today I'm all bout DAT Bioshock!

Playing Bioshock.

The atmosphere blows 99% of games away for sure. It's on some unreal shit art wise. Shames some of the best guys in Hollywood even.

Levine hasn't learned any lessons at all in terms of actual gameplay mechanics though. Game doesn't even touch Bioshock 2 mechanically. Game is only one of two things -mind numbingly easy or scarcity the game.

Loving it though.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
#9 In The Workplace Dark Faze & Prof Beef
#10 General Discussion
#11 General Discussion Bish & Mr Jones
#12 Comic Books/Comic Book Movies Slay Riovane & Reigun
#13 General Discussion
#14 General Discussion
#15 Minorities In Media Harson & Topher
#16 General Discussion
#17 General Discussion

#? Bioshock Infinite Topher <---probably gonna bump this one in front of General discussion 10 so we talk about it while its most relevant.
I assume Topher is since he wanted in on the discussion and I see onemic on steam playing it now.

I'll probably play it, not by this Friday but next.

I do want to talk about it but I haven't even gotten the game yet. And even when I do, I'll have to work it into my schedule. Is it possible to move it to 13 or somewhere around there?

I'll try to start playing the game this Friday.

Slayven

keisha-cole-chicken-wings-album-550x550.jpg

So what's up with the K.Hart vs Mike Epps beef?

twitter beef that is-

Mike Epps tweets:
THEY SAID SHAQ WAS HUMPIN ON @Kevinhart on the show lol is that true?&#8212;

IF YA TIERED OF ALL YOUR COMEDIANS COONING ON TV COME GET WIT EPPSIE ROW LOL SUGE MIKE !lol&#8212;

MAN IF KATT WILLIAMS WOULDN'T HAVE FLIPPED OUT IT WOULD NOT BE NO KEVIN HART&#8212;

SOMTIMES IT'S NOT HATIN IT'S JUST TRUE&#8212;

THEY DONE TOLD THIS LIL NIGGA HE'S CUTE HE LOOK LIKE A DRUNK PUG LOL&#8212;

HOLLYWOOD HATE STRONG GOOD LOOKIN BLACK MEN IAM ALI HE IS JOE FRAIZER&#8212;

Kev's responses:
Hey @TheRealMikeEpps &#8230;. "ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMIN'S" was YOUR movie but it's MY LIFE!!!! HOLY SHIT MAN, IM FUCKING DESTROYING YOU&#8212;

IN MY "EDDIE CANE VOICE" Hey @TheRealMikeEpps you want my spot flash? Well YOU CAN'T GET IT BECUZ YOU AIN'T GOT IT!!!&#8212;

Hey @TheRealMikeEpps is pissed off becuz ICE CUBE won't make "FRIDAY AFTER NEXT FRIDAY AFTER THE 3RD FRIDAY AFTER THAT FRIDAY" #ItsOver lol&#8212;

I goggled @TheRealMikeEpps just now & my computer said NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE should of tried this search in 2006 #BOOM&#8212;

Yo @TheRealMikeEpps is one bad movie away from doing SCHOOL PLAYS!!!&#8212;

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Retail is always highschool-esqe when it comes to hooking up, cheating and gross weirdos.

Evening/overnight shifts for IT farms (hardware or software) are similar. They would be for plant operations as well, but that's usually a sausage factory. Basically, when you're there all night and you're bored, people are going to start gossiping or fucking.

Onemic

Playing Bioshock.

The atmosphere blows 99% of games away for sure. It's on some unreal shit art wise. Shames some of the best guys in Hollywood even.

Levine hasn't learned any lessons at all in terms of actual gameplay mechanics though. Game doesn't even touch Bioshock 2 mechanically. Game is only one of two things -mind numbingly easy or scarcity the game.

Loving it though.

What setting you playing on?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So what's up with the K.Hart vs Mike Epps beef?

twitter beef that is-

Mike Epps tweets:
THEY SAID SHAQ WAS HUMPIN ON @Kevinhart on the show lol is that true?—

IF YA TIERED OF ALL YOUR COMEDIANS COONING ON TV COME GET WIT EPPSIE ROW LOL SUGE MIKE !lol—

MAN IF KATT WILLIAMS WOULDN'T HAVE FLIPPED OUT IT WOULD NOT BE NO KEVIN HART—

SOMTIMES IT'S NOT HATIN IT'S JUST TRUE—

THEY DONE TOLD THIS LIL NIGGA HE'S CUTE HE LOOK LIKE A DRUNK PUG LOL—

HOLLYWOOD HATE STRONG GOOD LOOKIN BLACK MEN IAM ALI HE IS JOE FRAIZER—

Kev's responses:
Hey @TheRealMikeEpps …. "ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMIN'S" was YOUR movie but it's MY LIFE!!!! HOLY SHIT MAN, IM FUCKING DESTROYING YOU—

IN MY "EDDIE CANE VOICE" Hey @TheRealMikeEpps you want my spot flash? Well YOU CAN'T GET IT BECUZ YOU AIN'T GOT IT!!!—

Hey @TheRealMikeEpps is pissed off becuz ICE CUBE won't make "FRIDAY AFTER NEXT FRIDAY AFTER THE 3RD FRIDAY AFTER THAT FRIDAY" #ItsOver lol—

I goggled @TheRealMikeEpps just now & my computer said NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE should of tried this search in 2006 #BOOM—

Yo @TheRealMikeEpps is one bad movie away from doing SCHOOL PLAYS!!!—
lol

Kev won.

Onemic

1999 mode.

About to restart on normal though. Would rather deal with the game being easy than dealing with this artificially difficult scarcity bullshit.

lol why you in 1999 mode on your first playthrough? That mode isn't even available for me yet. Play the game on hard, it's supposed to be just right. medium is too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom