• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
HR has been contacting my supervisor to submit my timecard. She was caught offguard not knowing why they were asking they replied, "we're issuing him his final check today." She then told them that couldn't be, that she, the bank manager and myself were under the impression that I'd continue to work there.

Bank manager is in a different office today and is running around filling documents to keep me here.

I'm gonna let them go ahead and get everything in order and signed, so if they don't offer me a pay increase I can take some pleasure in them wasting their time.

Slayven

It sucks but it happens. You guys don't have any type of appeals an concerns committee? One of the greatest things I've found working for IBM is this system. departments/divisions more or less govern themselves and we very seldom have to get HR involved.
That sounds awesome as fuck or a living hell. there is no in-between.

It's like watching a kitten look around thinking "what the fuck is this madhouse" the first time you ever put him in the back yard.
I checked out when they started moaning about people talked too much about the industry putting down women and how it was fucking with game playing.

I figured I'd ask straight-out, so during the Q&A with Rein, I did. "Will UE4 run on the Wii U?"

"Hahaha no." Rein said, with expert comedic timing. The room erupted with laughter.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I've been looking at the various female representation threads lately and I see the usual knee jerk or half-assed responses. Industry as a whole is still young but we've got a long way to go.

On a side note I actuallly looked up that California second lady and damn she fine.

367626jennifer_siebel_newsom_2202405.jpg

I would.

YES...

Who knew Onemic was not only Reigun, but also Mark Rein as well

An audience of developers literally laughing out loud at your console, they don't build arms big enough to carry all those Ls

ReiGun

Nintendo is destined to spend the rest of eternity carrying their own hardware beyond some minimal support. Sad, I guess, but as long as they carry it with good games, there is some silver lining.

and Grilled their chicken

Is this somehow implying that grilled chicken is "struggle?" Cause I will not tolerate such talk.

Nakazato

Is this somehow implying that grilled chicken is "struggle?" Cause I will not tolerate such talk.

Yes Grilled Chicken is the struggle
If you have weight to lose like myself :( wish i had KFC or even popeyes :'(. Grilled Chicken again tonight 4 night in a row.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It reminds me of the statement in "How Male and Female Students Use Language Differently." In paragraph 20 she says "But treating People the same is not equal treatment if they are not the same." I don't mean this in a way to say that skin color makes you different, but learning about one's ancestors does create a connection to culture and give a sense of pride. Maybe educators could teach more Black history, Asian history, or whatever other races are prevalent in society in addition to White history.

Oh man I almost spit out my drink when I read this in my English class. The things people say without even realizing.

#communitycollege

My oldest boy and I going to see GI Joe tonight.

-Damn Nintendo getting slayed at GDC. I enjoy my Wii U for what it is but I don't expect to buy any 3rd party games for it. Target had a buy 2 get 1 free sale not too long ago. I picked up BlOPS2 for the hell of it and they don't have the dlc for it. That's some serious struggle

And also if that Cerny Yu Suzuki - Shenmue III rumor is true; sign me up!

Wasn't Wii U supposed to bring back the "core gamer" to Nintendo? Damn the third party game situation looks dire.

Anyway a gem from the UE4/ Wii U thread (lol):

Does the next Mario or Zelda run on Unreal Engine 4?

Oh wait.

Mark Rein is a cock and the manbabies that hang off his nuts aren't worth my time.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Real talk, Nintendo is my favorite company out of the Big 3, but all this shit is their own fault.

Imm0rt4l

and Grilled their chicken

hey hey hey, I don't care for the constant chicken feuds in this thread. But I will not stand for grilled chicken slander. Some of us are trying to get lean/not die from pulmonary embolism...

edit: my bad, apparently I can't read

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
hey hey hey, I don't care for the constant chicken feuds in this thread. But I will not stand for grilled chicken slander. Some of us are trying to get lean/not die from pulmonary embolism.
He feels the same he just yearns for the unhealthy kind and thus he considers his grilled chicken a struggle.

akira28

whole wheat flour, fried in olive oil, with a side salad the size of a plate. I will make that fried chicken healthy again.
the leanest white meat available.

Jesus just met the baddest kid fucking ever, you know a kid is trouble when his naps have naps and he has no shoestring in his shoes, the shoe tounge just hanging out. Lil bastard wanted to punch him in the chest

Nakazato

whole wheat flour, fried in olive oil, with a side salad the size of a plate. I will make that fried chicken healthy again.
the leanest white meat available.

you know who would know if this is healthy....

PAGING HaRson

Jesus just met the baddest kid fucking ever, you know a kid is trouble when his naps have naps and he has no shoestring in his shoes, the shoe tounge just hanging out. Lil bastard wanted to punch him in the chest

lil boy is about that life

Honestly where I'm from i can deal with these types of kids, they probably truly living a hard life and feel that's the only way they can make it by being a bad ass. The ones I don't like are the ones who come from nice/upper class neighborhoods and try to look and act that way. You bout that life when your momma just dropped you off at the mall in a Lexus truck, kissed you on yo check, and told you to tuck yo shirt in. You a thug?

#thatdrakeinfluence.

Honestly where I'm from i can deal with these types of kids, they probably truly living a hard life and feel that's the only way they can make it by being a bad ass. The ones I don't like are the ones who come from nice/upper class neighborhoods and try to look and act that way. You bout that life when your momma just dropped you off at the mall in a Lexus truck, kissed you on yo check, and told you to tuck yo shirt in. You a thug?

#thatdrakeinfluence.

Started from the top, now we here

PAGING HaRson

lil boy is about that life

Swear to God he came up to me and said "hey nigga let me play on your phone" I told the bastard hell no and his precious looking ass mama going to cut her eyes at me. Then Pee Wee the G running around the restaurant screaming woke up in a new bugatti knocking chair over and begging the cashier for 5 dollars out the register

harSon

Banned
Yes Grilled Chicken is the struggle
If you have weight to lose like myself :( wish i had KFC or even popeyes :'(. Grilled Chicken again tonight 4 night in a row.

I've been eating grilled chicken on the daily for years now :(

PAGING HaRson

Yoooo, capitalization on the S son. And when I fry chicken I either use Almond flour or I just season the chicken with the skin on, fry it in a cast iron pan with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil for a few minutes on each side and then throw it into the oven right away uncovered. It comes out crunchy like fried chicken and doesn't require any kind of flour.

#thatdrakeinfluence.

I know a guy just like that parents both work on the airforce base but he swear up and down he about that life.

DominoKid

#thatdrakeinfluence.

breh what you know about them suburban thugs?

Slayven

#thatdrakeinfluence.
Reminds me of my sister, she proudly yell " fuck the police" and shit. Police pulled her over once for tint. She called my mom crying like she had been shot and my mom had to talk the officer into not calling paramedics.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Reminds me of my sister, she proudly yell " fuck the police" and shit. Police pulled her over once for tint. She called my mom crying like she had been shot and my mom had to talk the officer into not calling paramedics.

lol

Nakazato

I've been eating grilled chicken on the daily for years now :(

Yoooo, capitalization on the S son. And when I fry chicken I either use Almond flour or I just season the chicken with the skin on, fry it in a cast iron pan with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil for a few minutes on each side and then throw it into the oven right away uncovered. It comes out crunchy like fried chicken and doesn't require any kind of flour.

Well there is a Capital S in Steelers and Capital R in Ravens.... See what i did there

I love your idea for fried chicken going to have to try it.

Never redboxed a game before, I'll make sure to do this.

Make sure you use the app or website to find the closest one that has it. The next 360 on i found in my area was 15 miles away or so.

Swear to God he came up to me and said "hey nigga let me play on your phone" I told the bastard hell no and his precious looking ass mama going to cut her eyes at me. Then Pee Wee the G running around the restaurant screaming woke up in a new bugatti knocking chair over and begging the cashier for 5 dollars out the register

If it was me id be beating that ass or at least had is mom my belt.

HAHA. If it was JSO they would have shot her just to shut her up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom