• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Don't soak the milk jug. Put a little bit of water (i'd say above an inch off the bottom) close the cap and shake it like a mofo. drain. do it a few more times.

Filling it up all the way to soak it makes it so the escaping water just burps soap bubbles back up into the jug.

Source: using a milk jug right now for my cold water needs because this area of Vancouver's ground water decided to be lukewarm for the past day

harSon

Banned
welp, lets see how long i last as a Target Cashier here in Canada next week, wish me luck!

That was my first job. Pretty shitty job, although that's partially because I was working at some hood ass Target located in a hood ass mall. Have fun selling Target cards on top of your typical retail bullshit. Getting paid definitely helps you stomach a lot of it though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'd say it was struggle if your mom DIDN'T do it. Now she really a g in my book if she save her grocery bags for make shift trash can bags. It's not struggle if it's what you sposed to do!

Damn son, I've been doing that for ages lol. Also, this DOMS I got from working out the other day is pissing me off. I'm trying to get brolic for the summer man. lol

FyreWulff

Fyre teaching us new ways in the struggle

Years of working around dem Forge budgets

I think you guys are drinking heavy cream instead of milk if you can't get it off the insides. I did it right after drinking the last glass of milk out of the jug, I don't give any time for anything to settle or bond.

There'd be problems if it was an empty one waiting to go out on the counter..

hypernima

Banned
Life's been getting real ya'll, lost my mom this week and school has been stacking up.
Luckily there's streams on to get my mind off of it.
I haven't posted in a while though, are the podcasts still going on?

Imm0rt4l

Damn son, I've been doing that for ages lol. Also, this DOMS I got from working out the other day is pissing me off. I'm trying to get brolic for the summer man. lol
Respect.

I only get DOMS in my quads/hamstrings these days.
Life's been getting real ya'll, lost my mom this week and school has been stacking up.
So sorry to hear that man :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

sorry for your loss man... my mom passed when i was 16. been there. still there.

Crushdance 8pm est tomorrow, we need a 6th for our "In The Workplace" discussion

I totally forgot that I have to work this evening. Very little chance I'll be out by 8. Do you guys usually schedule for Saturdays? Because Fridays would work much better for me.

Stay strong.

FyreWulff

Damn man, sorry about that.

I don't think I'm ready to even think about losing my mom.

harSon

Banned
Don't think I ever posted this but I was recently reminded of it. My friends changed my facebook profile to this a few weeks back:

jz1BsI7.png

I don't even look like Drake mannnn...

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's know it's tough losing a close loved one :(

I thought everyone did that?

indeed, that's just common sense.

struggle is when you triple bag just to get more grocery bags.

struggle is when you wash the paper towels and hang them up to dry with a line you got running across the cabinets over the sink.

struggle is when you stuff two handfuls of sugar/cream/salt/pepper packets and disposable cutlery from a fast food place into the bag while looking over your shoulder to see if anyone's watching.

HomShaBom

Banned
indeed, that's just common sense.

struggle is when you stuff two handfuls of sugar/cream/salt/pepper packets and disposable cutlery from a fast food place into the bag while looking over your shoulder to see if anyone's watching.
I do this on the reg, even when I don't need the shit, why not take 10 spoons. Give no fucks if they see me.

I can't tell you how many of those godlike ketchup packets I've taken from various joins

ketchuppacket0.jpg

I don't see a price tag on these mothafuckas, thank you very much, Popeyes

DominoKid

naw that's genius. if chickfila put the sauce packets out i'd just fill my bag up w/ em.

i know freshman year in college we stole all our silverware, dishes & condiments from the cafeteria lol.

I'm glad I don't live in the south. I was 351 at my heaviest, but that would have easily eclipsed 400+ if I was munching down on that Southern goodness. As far as I'm concerned, obesity rates are a symptom of quality cooking, the UK being the exception :D

i was 361 at my worst. down to 280 since i started taking my weight seriously last fall, hopefully will hit my goal of under 200 by the end of the year.

and yeah, this southern food plus southern lifestyle is dangerous! i shot up from the 280 i was when i was for years in NY to 361 and didn't even notice/care until i couldn't ride a roller coaster hahaha. still can't believe that incident is what it took to motivate me, but i can still see myself in my head walking down those steps and waiting for everyone else to get off the ride.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Getting tired off all this cynicism about UE4 in gaming side.

It's looking really good to me and it's definitely something I would like to work with.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Nintendo stans gotta fight back somehow after that ether.

It's not just from that side tho. It's also coming from so-called tech experts who get an orgasm over any new lighting effects, rendering, etc. You'd be a fool to think that UE4 next gen will be just as popular as UE3 was this gen. It won't be, especially since major third parties and their developers will have their own proprietary tech.

What I think will happen is that UE4 will be the go to next-gen engine for independent developers and studios. For example, making your first couple of games with Unity 4 and then upgrading to UE4 afterwards.

Gorillaz

harSon that Drake pic is fitting too well man lol

It's not just from that side tho. It's also coming from so-called tech experts who get an orgasm over any new lighting effects, rendering, etc. You'd be a fool to think that UE4 next gen will be just as popular as UE3 was this gen. It won't be, especially since major third parties and their developers will have their own proprietary tech.

What I think will happen is that UE4 will be the go to next-gen engine for independent developers and studios. For example, making your first couple of games with Unity 4 and then upgrading to UE4 afterwards.

UE engine won't be as big as it was this this gen imo. It seems every publisher is licensing and making there own engines now, plus UE4 will be expensive as fuck for devs

I moved down here (Orlando from NY) and I gained some serious weight.

God damn that delicious sweet tea (and the fact no one walks anywhere).

that right there. i used to walk ALL THE TIME in NY, but down here its mainly walking in the parking lot.

oh yeah, and the sweet tea never got me because i normally drink tea straight up. just add water. hot or cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom