• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

$67,000 a month isn't well off? Fuck, I'm not even poor by that standard, I'm "poo" :(

60K in and 300K out dont sound like well off to me. But its no secret AI lives beyond his means. Taking the entourage out to TGIFridays aint cheap. plus he loves to gamble.

either way i wouldnt be surprised to hear in 15 years that he really is broke.

60K in and 300K out dont sound like well off to me. But its no secret AI lives beyond his means. Taking the entourage out to TGIFridays aint cheap. plus he loves to gamble.

either way i wouldnt be surprised to hear in 15 years that he really is broke.

At one point dude was worth $160m, I swear cats make it big and think their money will never end just because. Give a hood cat millions he'll blow it, teach a hood cat how to make millions, he'll live forever.

update.jpg

Well I chose the path of lesser resistance and just scored two more days of work for next week. And I told my supervisor to remember this so hopefully I will move up ahead later on. The best advice I can give for any job that seems to be helping me out is At any job become a damn asset. When you come in and learn everything when shit hits they HAVE to turn to the asset to get them through.

#workplacepimpin

Slayven

update.jpg

Well I chose the path of lesser resistance and just scored two more days of work for next week. And I told my supervisor to remember this so hopefully I will move up ahead later on. The best advice I can give for any job that seems to be helping me out is At any job become a damn asset. When you come in and learn everything when shit hits they HAVE to turn to the asset to get them through.

#workplacepimpin

On the flipside don;t become the work bitch. The guy they call on to do everything but when it is time for a promotion they act like you are brand new.

On the flipside don;t become the work bitch. The guy they call on to do everything but when it is time for a promotion they act like you are brand new.

never that. I know to stand my ground but going from 3 days in a week to 5 makes me excited. I will definitely keep you posted.

Happens when people that ain't had shit are given too much shit.

Latrell Sprewell was the dude name, and yeah its damn shame especially how most black athletes become broke so fast. Warren Sap had me shaking my head, nigga bankrupt but he has a massive shoe collection

Sprewell's career came to an unexpected end in 2005 when he refused a $21-million three-year contract offer from the Timberwolves, which he implied would not be enough to feed his children. Since that time, he has made headlines for grounding his million dollar yacht, having two of his homes foreclosed upon, and being prohibited from seeing his children

Slayven

Latrell Sprewell was the dude name, and yeah its damn shame especially how most black athletes become broke so fast. Warren Sap had me shaking my head, nigga bankrupt but he has a massive shoe collection

League should be hooking dudes up with a good account/money manager.

League should be hooking dudes up with a good account/money manager.

Some people just aren't meant to have money. Guy in NJ who won $300 million in the lottery last week, owes like like $29,000 in child support to multiple baby mamas. Mofo gonna be broke in a couple years.

DominoKid

^ and you KNOW all the BMs are getting a raise too now lol.

Sprewell da gawd. I laughed so hard at the end of his career. Pride (stupidity really) is a motherfucker.

Some people just aren't meant to have money. Guy in NJ who won $300 million in the lottery last week, owes like like $29,000 in child support to multiple baby mamas. Mofo gonna be broke in a couple years.

That is something that will always bother me, dude you already have 5 baby mamas and you working on the 6th? Come on son, some where in the back of your mind something is telling you to stop. And the women you know he has 5 kids and doesnt do nothing for them and you willingly about to join the club?

RedSwirl

I'd say it was struggle if your mom DIDN'T do it. Now she really a g in my book if she save her grocery bags for make shift trash can bags. It's not struggle if it's what you sposed to do!

Not makeshift trash ba... well actually that along with a lot of other uses.

I can't tell you how many of those godlike ketchup packets I've taken from various joins

ketchuppacket0.jpg

I don't see a price tag on these mothafuckas, thank you very much, Popeyes

Got a couple boxes of those in the pantry.

ugh, and now for days i can't get that song out of my head... it doesn't matter where i am or what i'm doing, in a weak moment my mind will wander and i'll just randomly start thinking ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~ ~WOP~

Keep it real, Memphis

5wpwoWr.jpg

i would totally love to hop on that bus and say "what's up?"

FyreWulff

I am not so sure. Old church lady slander is like the gentle fist. You don't know been hit until you puking and shitting blood at the same time.

I used to work in a library staffed by 80% "church ladies" and similar types.

I'm pretty sure I had to reconstitute myself into physical matter at the end of each shift before I could go home. It was like a constant passive-aggressive war and everyone in between just got torn apart bit by bit.

Also the lining in my new shoes tore or something in the back so the hard part came through and dug into the back of my foot. Now I need to find some duct tape or bandages and convert these into struggleshoes so I can go buy some new ones.

I watched two potted plants get stolen tonight by a dude on a skateboard. We were originally paying attention to this dude outside the house who was just camped there for hours inside his car because we didn't know what the fuck he was doing. Apparently he was doing surveillance because the store's stuff keeps getting jacked. Then I saw the theft and the pieces fit.

He said that the guy who stole the potted plants handed them off to some dude in a car. Then they went in different directions. While he was relaying this to the cop I was trying not to chuckle at the idea of a potted plant stealing operation but apparently this is a recurring thing.

We joke about struggle food, all about that life etc but this has to be struggle stealing. Potted plants? Is there some black market of roses I don't know about?

kyored

If it ain't weed hidden in those pots, then they were probably high already and then took the pots thinking it was something else.

I watched two potted plants get stolen tonight by a dude on a skateboard. We were originally paying attention to this dude outside the house who was just camped there for hours inside his car because we didn't know what the fuck he was doing. Apparently he was doing surveillance because the store's stuff keeps getting jacked. Then I saw the theft and the pieces fit.

He said that the guy who stole the potted plants handed them off to some dude in a car. Then they went in different directions. While he was relaying this to the cop I was trying not to chuckle at the idea of a potted plant stealing operation but apparently this is a recurring thing.

We joke about struggle food, all about that life etc but this has to be struggle stealing. Potted plants? Is there some black market of roses I don't know about?

You're so going to be that old lady who just stares out the window and yells at the kids playing on her lawn.

You're so going to be that old lady who just stares out the window and yells at the kids playing on her lawn.

Too much shit goes on across the street. I should get a webcam, website upload and just stream it. My god. Before the potted plant pilfering tonight some dude got out of a cab across the street and just started booking across the parking lot for 50 ft, stopped, lit up a cig then ran some more.

Then a couple weeks ago I caught a dude on camera high off something dancing with his jacket.

Now that it's getting warmer I have a feeling the antics will only get more crazy.

harSon

Banned

People steal stupid shit. About a year back, someone stole the light bulb off my front porch. I could understand the casing around it, cause that costs like $30-50, but the damn light bulb?

Keep it real, Memphis

5wpwoWr.jpg

You know they've got the cross secured on the top of the bus like a christmas tree.

Slayven

Some Meth heads stole plants off my mom's porch at like 4 am. Maybe there is a underground plant trade. Sounds like a plot for Taken 3.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah my parent's house had two big, really heavy ceramic potted plants stolen from the porch. It was bizarre because it would either have to be two dudes to carry them quickly or one guy was really patient and dragged them away one at a time.
BI cosplay taken too far.
holy shit, lmao

DominoKid

Sometimes folks just want to steal some shit. One time we got real drunk and stole a 3 ft lawn gnome ornament thing in the middle of the night. Shit was heavy as hell. The worst part was having to carry it back in 100+ heat lmao. Being the geniuses that we are, we stuck it at the head of our driveway as a trophy. The folks it belonged to rode around the neighborhood looking for it, found us and said they'd call the cops if we didn't return it immediately.

Sometimes folks just want to steal some shit. One time we got real drunk and stole a 3 ft lawn gnome ornament thing in the middle of the night. Shit was heavy as hell. The worst part was having to carry it back in 100+ heat lmao. Being the geniuses that we are, we stuck it at the head of our driveway as a trophy. The folks it belonged to rode around the neighborhood looking for it, found us and said they'd call the cops if we didn't return it immediately.

Me and my friend once stole a baby Jesus from some random houses Nativity scene a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom