• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
in general black men just have more options than black women in the dating pool. i think that's what most of the problems between black men/women can be boiled down to. the only real downside for us is the fetishization, and i don't think that even bothers black men tbh. hell most black guys i know live for it.

Oh hell yeah we're fetishized but I still think part of that is due to how we're positioned in the media as being the bad boy (not denying the historical taboo aspect of it). Also on the flip I think men in general have more options due to mid/older age not being held against us as much by society.

I think by their own stats they stated that only 5% of black men travel outside of the country. Combine that 5% with the small percentage of men that marry foreigners. So yeah you are looking at a documentary that focuses on less than 1% of black men. Whoever made the documentary is just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Exactly, I know a ton of dudes who talk about the trip at the barber shop, I don't know a single dude who has done it. As soon as they start to do the math they realize the cost of going there isn't worth it. Not only are you paying for travel and lodging, you got to pay for the strange! I know a few guys who wen't to DR and a pal who was in the Navy who has gone to Australia twice but they've always known people there as well.

I never understood the idea that some country happens to have hotter women than the rest. It's such a stupid juvenile concept.

I mean women get to wear makeup to look better, we get the right to think that the women on the other side of the grass/ocean/international border look better wearing the same makeup. Also there is the exotic aspect of it that makes foreign women stand out even more.

I mean women get to wear makeup to look better, we get the right to think that the women on the other side of the grass/ocean/international border look better wearing the same makeup. Also there is the exotic aspect of it that makes foreign women stand out even more.

The point was people don't get out much if they don't realize ugly people are a universal constant where ever you happen to be, unless of course you only ever stay in some model bubble (and even some of those people are quite odd looking).

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The point was people don't get out much if they don't realize ugly people are a universal constant where ever you happen to be, unless of course you only ever stay in some model bubble (and even some of those people are quite odd looking).

Yeah I agree its why i brought up makeup. Also I been around models a few have looked horrible without the help of a expert makeup artist.

Someone explain to me why the pictures on Wiki regarding sex positions/acts went from diverse ones to all white people only? Wtf? When did this happen?

There are some Brazilian gaffers that talk mad shit about the women from there. All that ass is a lie... :(

So last night I found out a chick I dated (who went fucking crazy on me) has matured amazingly. She was supposedly up for miss hooters.[/URL]

I assume you mean matured physically?

HomShaBom

Banned
Aww shit. My mom has been working 12 hr shifts raising me and my sisters forever. Even though I'm not bringing in much while I'm in school, I give her any money she needs for things.

Slayven

Anyone ever strugglefy cereal? When I was a kid Frosted Flakes was too damn high, instead we would buy Total( they pretty much gave that shit away) and dumped sugar in it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Anyone ever strugglefy cereal? When I was a kid Frosted Flakes was too damn high, instead we would buy Total( they pretty much gave that shit away) and dumped sugar in it.

you mean you ate cereal that came in a box instead of a bag?

what's fucked up about being a kid is that you feel total shame about getting tootie fruities or whatever they are called vs fruit loops even though they are both really shitty for you haha.

now I eat generic old-fashioned oats

I'm just gonna leave this here

india-arie-color-controversy-16x9.png

Please tell me its just studio lighting

My grandma had people collect UPCs so she could send in for three of them :lol

Your Grandma took the time to do that!?!?!?!?!

1987:
Me - Grandma can you send this off so I can win some sea monkeys?
Grandma - Seamonkeys!!!! Boy them shrimp. Grab ya hat, we can catch some crayfish down at cedar creek for free. If they big enough we can prolly eat em too.

hypernima

Banned
Quick struggle cereal bowl poll:

How many people in this thread had the TMNT cereal bowls

3879_0a130.jpg

I had this bowl. Then some really weird girl who liked me when I was younger ate out of it.
I never ate out of that bowl again, I was mad too cause it was one of my favorite bowls ever.

i can't touch cream of wheat anymore. I sympathy ate that stuff for months during the wife's pregnancy.

like I said, I eat plain oatmeal now haha. My kid does the same. No sugary breakfast for him.

harSon

Banned
Man, fuck allergies. My eyes have been running/burning, my throat has been itchy, I've been sneezing non stop, I've had sinus headaches off and on and my nose has been clogged for damn near two weeks now. I can usually find some type of medicine to soften the symptoms but nothing has been working for me this time around. I've been trying to weather the storm for years now, but I think I might have to suck it up and get tested for allergies. This shit is worst than a cold. And I haven't really been able to sleep much because of it. The cycle of having to breathe through your mouth because your nose is clogged > your mouth dries quickly because you're breathing through it > drinking water to wet your mouth/lips > and then having to use the bathroom because you're drinking a ton of water SUCKS haha. Between that and the actual allergies flaring up during the night, I've been getting like 3 hours at the most every night.

It's weird though. When I was living in Santa Cruz, I suffered maybe 7 days of allergies total during my 2-3 years there. But as soon as I would step foot in San Jose (literally, like as I'm driving there), my allergies would flare up. Shit's ridiculous.

DominoKid

Aww shit. My mom has been working 12 hr shifts raising me and my sisters forever. Even though I'm not bringing in much while I'm in school, I give her any money she needs for things.

I feel u. But not parents just my mum. Wish she could retire...

Well she can technically but she has 1000s of family in Africa she needs to feed.

yeah i'm an only child. so it's not like we were ever strapped for cash. i always had whatever i wanted. but they really screwed themselves over financially by getting divorced. and of course i'm going to be responsible for both of them in old age, one of the downsides of being an only child. i try not to think about that. but its motivation.

Oh my God.I can't do this anymore. I feel like I'm about to just snap on people because of that stupid Australian racist bus thread. Why do people find it so hard to empathize with others?!

Oh my God.I can't do this anymore. I feel like I'm about to just snap on people because of that stupid Australian racist bus thread. Why do people find it so hard to empathize with others?!

man I personally avoid any and all threads about race. Most can't empathize if they've never been through it.

• accused of stealing when my mother gave me 5 bucks to buy something in target
  • witnessed one of my cousins get strip searched in a Burlington coat factory because his damn pacemaker went off, he had leukemia.
  • saw a deputy draw down on my uncle with me and my cousin in the back seat because my uncle fit the description of a guy who robbed a pharmacy. My uncle was the freaking principle of the local middle school.

That's only a sample of what I witnessed/deal with before the age of 13. Nothing could be finer than to be in South Carolina.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom