• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because we don't put ourselves in stupid situations. A horror movie made by a black director would be like this

-Bunch of teens going on vacation
-Take a detour
-Find an awesome house that looks spooky
-Black character(s) point out this isn't a good idea
-They leave
-Everyone else stays has a small party
-And they all die, except the black characters who are back in school wondering where everyone else is.

Nakazato

How can you blame him, homie just wanted to see what it look like when he regulates on some fools.

tumblr_mkoo6d3Iwp1qbper1o1_400.gif
LMAO

Apparently yall haven't seen Somebody Help Me.

220px-Poster_of_the_movie_Somebody_Help_Me.jpg

Me and my boy were watching it for shits and giggles. Movie is basically a comedy up until a point where somebody is getting their scalp torn off.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
No because we don't put ourselves in stupid situations. A horror movie made by a black director would be like this

-Bunch of teens going on vacation
-Take a detour
-Find an awesome house that looks spooky
-Black character(s) point out this isn't a good idea
-They leave
-Everyone else stays has a small party
-And they all die, except the black characters who are back in school wondering where everyone else is.

lol. I would take James Won's approach and force the issue, like Insidious and the upcoming The Conjouring.

Me and my boy were watching it for shits and giggles. Movie is basically a comedy up until a point where somebody is getting their scalp torn off.

LOL. Is this on netflix?

Slayven

220px-Poster_of_the_movie_Somebody_Help_Me.jpg

I saw that or something similar on BET one day. I turned it off when the black kids decide to go camping for a vacation. Unrealistic.

LOL. Is this on netflix?

yea

to be honest i kinda loved it

Its basically black guys saying nah man no we cant do dis shit while all the white guys are like lol nah son u a pussy and getting picked off one by one and locked in cages

Its pretty much the anti-horror stereotype.

And its just shocking how the movie is pretty much a comedy/nonchalant about everything until these random terribly violent scenes pop up.

Somebody Help Me is so astonishingly terrible it actually becomes hilarious. Seriously, get some beers/weed, grab some friends, and watch that shit tonight.

The last 20 minutes or so are just cliche after cliche of horror movie endings.

Imm0rt4l

I remember catching my sister watching somebody help me and I noticed score was straight jacked from inception OST. It was really blatant.

Slayven

wait, there is a sequel to somebody help me!??!?? not enough coli emotes out there to express my feelings right now.

During his guest appearance on BET's 106 & Park in 2010, Marques Houston stated that there were ongoing plans for the production of two more sequels based on the film. According to Houston, Somebody Help Me 3 was scheduled to premiere on BET around Halloween in 2011 but it didn't, and Somebody Help Me 4 would likely receive a theatrical release in 2012 but there is no certainty of that. [1]
References

FyreWulff

I mentioned earlier that I didn't like Popeye's because they screwed over a family member by not turning in the documentation that they had worked there. The social worker finally twisted their arm enough / lit fire under that ass that Popeye's finally got around to doing their job, so now family member has their food stamps back. About time. I heard HHS was on the verge of persuing legal action. Apparently they were just straight up not responding to the information requests from the government, which they can't do.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I mentioned earlier that I didn't like Popeye's because they screwed over a family member by not turning in the documentation that they had worked there. The social worker finally twisted their arm enough / lit fire under that ass that Popeye's finally got around to doing their job, so now family member has their food stamps back. About time. I heard HHS was on the verge of persuing legal action. Apparently they were just straight up not responding to the information requests from the government, which they can't do.
I remember this. Glad it worked out, shit was lame.

Speaking of lame, Moris what happened with your manager?

Imm0rt4l

So who is gonna be the 4th for today's podcast, don't all jump at once.

There HAS to be a decent overlap in which we can all chat bi weekly. I mean damn.

Blade 4 back in production

Doubt we'll ever get another blade movie for a while, unless its a reboot with another actor. I hear Snipes is a legendary asshole on set, plus Blade 1 was the only good flick out the trilogy. Trinity was horrible.

Between the stupid threads based around a stupid speculative question ("will Sony have defacto always online?") and the "hear me out, always online is great!" thread, does it seem like MS shills are out in full force today?

Between the stupid threads based around a stupid speculative question ("will Sony have defacto always online?") and the "hear me out, always online is great!" thread, does it seem like MS shills are out in full force today?

Noticed this myself, but didn't want to actually call anyone out on it. The spinning over this is in full force. I don't see how MS doesn't back down before the official reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom