• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
nigga i done already done told you no

tumblr_lfrx45lIhm1qdzjnp.gif

Eddie Winslow 1UP'd that L and married her.

Yeah I watched some doc about that. She took a golf club or something to his car while he was in it. There's just some people who shouldn't be in relationships and there are people who think they can "tame" or "save" them or some shit.

Imm0rt4l

To their credit, Superhead made Mr. Marcus tapout, so you know she got dat good good.

still stupid doe

I think Bill Maher might have proposed too.

I always wonder that about people complaining about BC...do ya'll just throw your old systems away or some shit? I STILL got my PS2, GC, etc, with all the connections and games up, stored somewhere in my house. Hell, I got N64 games if was ever inclined to play DK64 for some bizarre-ass reason

FyreWulff

Since I'm going to let everyone else be MS hardware pioneers, I plan on probably buying another 360, put the biggest HDD on it, then download alll my content to that thing, and then clone the drive.

I've pretty much delegated it to being my Rock Band / Halo machine

I always wonder that about people complaining about BC...do ya'll just throw your old systems away or some shit? I STILL got my PS2, GC, etc, with all the connections and games up, stored somewhere in my house. Hell, I got N64 games if was ever inclined to play DK64 for some bizarre-ass reason

I'm not trying to setup a PS2/Xbox to play a few minutes of some game. I also don't want a PS2/GC always hooked up to my receiver and have my TV setup look like a pediatric dentist's office.

What i usually do is sell the old system towards the new one and then buy another old system down the line.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Systems are more likely to break with more complex parts. Let me put it this way, your old PS3 probably isn't going to last as long as your old SNES, and I doubt it would be that easy to find a replacement that actually works of the PS3 15 years from now.

Note: BC doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I rarely replay games. I get why people who do want it want it, but they're a way smaller demographic than they think they are.

ReiGun

I don't throw my old systems away, but I usually sell them or just put them away somewhere. I don't like having too many hooked up at the same time. Too much clutter.

I usually trade them in. I don't horde games or systems, when im done im done.

DominoKid

Yeah. usually i just trade it in to knock a few bones off the price of the new system since i'm not gonna use it anyway.

i did keep my PS2 just to have an extra DVD player for another room though.

zon

Warren Sapp is in it.

Well now you went ahead and made it interesting.

And asking for Iron Fist starring an asian guy.

Kanye thread - maybe the word "racist" needs to be banned, since so many have no clue what it means.

You know what needs to be banned? The term "reverse racism", fuck anyone who uses that bullshit term seriously.

Just got out of a meeting with my AVP.

I've been scheduled to attend the following classes.

Building your influence as a leader
Creating your own development plan
Leading with emotional intelligence.

Back story:
Last week one of my employees saw said colleague out to lunch with one of her subordinates. As in any work place she proceeds to talk about it amongst her peers. Long story short another employee of mine has been in a workplace relationship with the guy my peer was out to lunch with. My employee proceeds to question the guy who in turn questions my peer. My Peer then proceeds to come to my desk in an attempt to read ME the riot act because I did not address my employee.

I respond by stating as managers we are held to a higher standard and should not put our selves in a position to undermine our authority or our leadership. My peer then goes off on a tangent these whores don't know me I'm from New York I'm really bout that life. Y'all bout to see the Jamaican come out of me, etc, etc,. At this point I black out because being from the south we get tired of hearing about how Northerner's are tough Northerners are about this and that yet they proceed to move to the south. At this point I forget all 4 years of college and 13 years of leadership experience.

"Bitch sit yo dumb ass down jumping round here perpetuating every stereotype we have to overcome. It's people like you who make it hard for others. I can't believe you would let off like that over a fucking rumor!"

By this point another peer comes over. "Chris what's wrong?"

Nothing wrong with me ask this ratchet ass whore what's wrong with her!

20 minutes later I'm in a meeting with my superior.

Edit - I know I could have handled it better but.....

I'm sorry but this made me lol. I hope you won't have to deal with any serious repercussions just because you told a moron to get their shit together.

I'm sorry but this made me lol. I hope you won't have to deal with any serious repercussions just because you told a moron to get their shit together.

Well I had to speak with my Boss' Boss (had to stay late to work since he's on the west coast) but it looks like this chick has had more than a few run ins with others peers and subordinates so as far as I know now it's over with no repercussions. I must say though I haven't been that nigga since 1998. It was good let him out of his cage at least for a lil while.

As far as the angry black guy stereotype. There's another brother at work who has that title......or it could be two of us. Hope they don't try to DC universe us.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
*flashes harson signal*

Do you have any resouces one shpuld read up on for getting funds for filming? Hell, even things like sponsorship programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom