• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid friend of mine getting caught up in another scam. Trying to sell me insurance through Primerica. Same guy was trying to do the salesman thing with Cutco after high school and then right when I thought he'd get his shit together cause he said he was going back to school. This guy enrolls at an online for profit school that ain't worth a damn.

The man needs guidance.

Ahh the Ying Yan Twins so many memories in the club getting grinded on, man back then we had Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Lil Jon, Bonecrusher, G Unit was hot and TI just buried Lil Flip. Good times, good times

DominoKid

Janelle Monae ditching that lame ass image? Lets hope so.

Janelle-Monae-gets-dolled-up-in-a-dress.jpg

Maybe her music will get back to being as good as her EP too.

RedSwirl

Ahh the Ying Yan Twins so many memories in the club getting grinded on, man back then we had Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Lil Jon, Bonecrusher, G Unit was hot and TI just buried Lil Flip. Good times, good times

I think you just made me realize why I haven't listened to the radio in almost 10 years.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You mean this?
LOL

Anyone here watch End of Watch?

It's good. If you like this, you should try the tv show Southland. It's shot in a similar fashion.

Why do people with access to running water go out in public smelling like warmed over cow shit?

One of the mysteries in life that boggles my mind.

ArchAndroid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EP

Correct! ArchAndroid is incredible.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I try REAL hard to get into MF DOOM. I know that his lyrics are just poetic as hell, but his flow just irks me. It sounds like someone awkwardly reading off of a notepad. Some of his beats are just flawless, but you put him on the beat, and it just deflates it. Help me to understand, y'all.

Onemic

t
I try REAL hard to get into MF DOOM. I know that his lyrics are just poetic as hell, but his flow just irks me. It sounds like someone awkwardly reading off of a notepad. Some of his beats are just flawless, but you put him on the beat, and it just deflates it. Help me to understand, y'all.

Probably my favourite hip hop artist. His flow just takes getting used to because it's so different. After some time you notice he's not really off beat when he's rapping, he just has a unique flow that is more free form and less structured than most artists in the game now.

I remember the first time I listened to MF, I couldn't stand him.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Doom is probably my favorite rapper because of his lyrics and beats. His flow, like you said, is erratic. But once you understand that he mostly raps free of any kind of rules, you learn to like him.

His most structured songs were probably on Operation: Doomsday. After that, he went on his own way. Look up Mm...Food and the Special Herbs set for his best work.

Edit: Take Me to Your Leader is excellent as well

Onemic

Dereck

Doom is probably my favorite rapper because of his lyrics and beats. His flow, like you said, is erratic. But once you understand that he mostly raps free of any kind of rules, you learn to like him.

His most structured songs were probably on Operation: Doomsday. After that, he went on his own way. Look up Mm...Food and the Special Herbs set for his best work.

Edit: Take Me to Your Leader is excellent as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKDeN198j8M

She said, excuse me villain you be illin' with the wordplay!, I said, thank you very much, I'm billing till Thursday.

They both have some of the best slides in gaming. Bulletstorm has infinite slide, so basically instead of sprinting I'm sliding everywhere and kicking dudes into the abyss. Meanwhile, Vanquish dude rocketslides on his mothafuckin' knees, son

Valve better be paying attention for Half-Life 3. Gordon needs a badass slide to compete with current gaming trends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom