• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Middle age white women saying "bling" make me cringe. But when middle age white dudes do it it makes me laugh. Maybe because dudes know they are being silly.

Slayven

When people say "I am playing devil's advocate" what they mean " I want be an asshole and have no interest in a legit conversation."

Started playing through my old games until payday. Its hard when you wanna buy shit but you gotta save that loot. I realized I have a new pet peeve people who claim to be more important than they actually are and always try to feed you a line of bullshit.

Anyway started back on Binary Domain on hard difficulty. So good.

I call my woman "my lady" and "my significant other" and hell sometimes I refer to her as "my better half". Stop using wifey a long time ago. And the word "boo" is for adolescents.

Onemic

Wait you're not?

nc.gif

FyreWulff

I don't have anywhere else I can think of to post this, but I just walked back from the store and there was someone walking down the sidewalk with a big tablet holding it like a pizza box next to their head. When they got closer I realized they were using it as a phone.

I was like.. what. Can't exactly call it a strugglephone because it's like 600$, but people need to at least invest in a headset with those things

FyreWulff

I wish I could be more comfortable with posting current pics anywhere, but too many people out there that would want to do nefarious shit with them. Heck, I stopped using the 16-bit version of my face that was my avatar for quite a while (from a cancelled game) because of it.

As a rule I never do anything that involves editing pictures of people like certain megathreads tends to do. I didn't like it when people did it to me in the past (not on GAF), so it'd feel wrong to do it even in a joking manner to someone else.

When people say "I am playing devil's advocate" what they mean " I want be an asshole and have no interest in a legit conversation."

It'd be nice if internet users as a whole could just restrict the role of Devil's Advocate to formal debates, since most people who use it in casual conversations don't care about adding anything constructive. It doesn't have to be a hard rule, just a moratorium of sorts until people work out how to address points directly. It would be like putting the concept on the high shelf of the pantry so that people can't get to it until they grow up a little bit; anyone that tries to use it before they're ready for it can fall on their ass, just like always, but at least then people wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt.

BlackGAF, Bacon. Turkey or pork?

Turkey bacon. It's a little harder for me to cook, but I prefer the taste to regular bacon.

ecurbj

I can't believe people on Facebook is blowing this out of proportion?!?!!!!

This guy got offended because of where it says "Customer Name", lol.

Vy7OaWP.jpg

ecurbj

The fact is. The dude sent the photo to Fox News and tried to get some publicity because the waiter put in Customers Name: 5 black guys. So he is offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom