• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAyUGOj.jpg

Also every time I go into a character creator I'm always struck by how it's basically white people hair and then for non-whites, a fro. That's literally it. Dude.

FyreWulff

Also every time I go into a character creator I'm always struck by how it's basically white people hair and then for non-whites, a fro. That's literally it. Dude.

The only developer I've seen actually pull off customization right (in the sense of 'normal human characters') is Harmonix.

They know how to properly model women and actually have a good variety of hairstyles to put on your characters on Rock Band.

Examples of their options

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

The only part of him that doesn't regenerate is his self-respect.

black people by default cant be nerds. at least that's what i was told in middle school.
Biggest nerd I know is also the biggest black guy I know. 6'6", 275 lbs of meat, and writes his own fanfic of himself as Jedi Master Worf Windu. I did not mistype that. He is a strangely familiar Klingon who stepped through the fabric of spacetime and became the adopted son of Mace Windu. It gets better. His Darth Vader actually is James Earl Jones. Not played by... is.

Biggest nerd I know is also the biggest black guy I know. 6'6", 275 lbs of meat, and writes his own fanfic of himself as Jedi Master Worf Windu. I did not mistype that. He is a strangely familiar Klingon who stepped through the fabric of spacetime and became the adopted son of Mace Windu. It gets better. His Darth Vader actually is James Earl Jones. Not played by... is.

I honestly don't understand how people can look down on anime when stuff like this grows in their own backyard.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
that is an acceptable defense in my book lol. fan fiction is some other other shit.

What I've read of his writing is actually decent, it's just absurd. He puts everyone he knows and celebrities he likes in cameo roles. Like, "this is Falco Salazar (looks like Tom Cruise)". I guess that's how he visualizes things. All his friends, including me, are members of "the party". I'm apparently some bounty hunter or something. He updates me on my adventures occasionally. I apparently get wounded a lot. He's got a lot of downtime in his job and it keeps his mind active, so I guess it's healthy.

I'm sorry, did you just defend anime by going, "At least it's not fan fiction?"

No, I didn't defend anything nor did I imply anime was better than fan fiction.

What I was trying to express was, when your culture has fucked up aspects to it, you shouldn't be so quick to judge other cultures as if they're beneath yours.

Whenever you're in a shit stirring mood, join me the next time I ask about created player options in the next mega thread for a hyped rpg.

The only developer I've seen actually pull off customization right (in the sense of 'normal human characters') is Harmonix.

They know how to properly model women and actually have a good variety of hairstyles to put on your characters on Rock Band.

Examples of their options
Harmonix must have added a whole lot of options after my Rock Band 2 days. Fros and cornrows.

Btw. Professionally made anime/manga is different from forever alone fanfics.

ReiGun

God, Drake is so boring. Like, incredibly boring. Talk about how "soft" he is, or how he didn't struggle, or whatever, but my biggest problem with him is that listening to his shit puts me to sleep.

God, Drake is so boring. Like, incredibly boring. Talk about how "soft" he is, or how he didn't struggle, or whatever, but my biggest problem with him is that listening to his shit puts me to sleep.

Lots of Take Care suffered from that but it had some good songs too, unlike Thank Me Later which was just complete ass.

I just can't stand how fake he is. The difference in his voice, attitude and vocab when he's talking to a hiphop radio station or being himself is embarassing. Its like a reverse phone/interview voice where he feels obligated to try and be cool. He's some silver spooned turd playing tough guy on occasion. I'd have some respect for him if he'd just be himself.

Slayven

Lots of Take Care suffered from that but it had some good songs too, unlike Thank Me Later which was just complete ass.

I just can't stand how fake he is. The difference in his voice, attitude and vocab when he's talking to a hiphop radio station or being himself is embarassing. Its like a reverse phone/interview voice where he feels obligated to try and be cool. He's some silver spooned turd playing tough guy on occasion. I'd have some respect for him if he'd just be himself.

Onemic should have a talk with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom