• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefow5Kp_W4

I'm pretty hyped for this new Daft Punk

sunsetgifkxbej.gif

As soon as DY responds to me about his availability we're gonna schedule our general discussion podcast episode. Anyone interested in casting shade with us?

Gattsu25

Banned
Book of Eli was solid. There was a lot wrong with it, mainly the notion of being able to rid the world of religion both physically and in the minds of society over the course of a generation, but it was enjoyable overall. I agree that the twist was somewhat unfair, although there were definitely clues leading up to it, but I disagree with it somehow being awful enough to detract from the rest of the film. At the very least, it fits perfectly with some of the film's underlying themes. Does it make sense that a
blind man was able to do all of the things Eli did
over the course of the movie? Hell the fuck no, but it does if you consider the fact that he was basically a prophet on a mission from God.

The acting was serviceable across the board, the cinematography was damned good and overall, the film was enjoyable from beginning to end. I can understand calling the film low brow, or not finding it to be anything north of average, but to call it outright horrid? Disagree completely.
I just think the movie would have been a lot better if it had no large scale shootouts..when you have a rocket cam in a fight you know you took it too far.

zon

Has anyone else seen Oblivion yet? I went with a friend this past weekend who wanted to see it. The design of their home and vehicles were really nice. The story itself felt very... safe. Ok movie to see on the big screen.

Kreed

FYI, no one really likes the Book of Eli. GAF just pretends to like it because its writer posts here.

I liked Denzel doing something different from his usual "Oscar-ish" films. That alone made the movie stand out for me, despite not being that great entertainment wise. Plus I definitely wouldn't mind more black actors outside of Will Smith starring in sci-fi/action films vs the usual black drama/comedy/historical period BS.

Tokubetsu

http://youtu.be/aZNu4uWSeBw

I can't stop laughing at this new KFC ad. I think I'm losing my mind.

I liked Denzel doing something different from his usual "Oscar-ish" films. That alone made the movie stand out for me, despite not being that great entertainment wise. Plus I definitely wouldn't mind more black actors outside of Will Smith starring in sci-fi/action films vs the usual black drama/comedy/historical period BS.

Yeah I like it for a lot of these reasons as well. I'm not a fan of the religious stuff but I'll take any cool mainstream scifi/action films that don't star Will Smith or Jamie Foxx.

Roman Polanski is a pedophile that escape justice and he never get as much hate as Vick for killing dogs. Hell Ray Lewis killed a man and he is getting a statue made of him in Baltimore and a cushy job at ESPN and Vick cant even promote a book lol.

Satch

Banned
fuck people basically telling me that i'm "one of the good ones"

fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it

1u35.gif

fuck people basically telling me that i'm "one of the good ones"

fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it

1u35.gif

I get that all the time...

Had an ex-girlfriends family (asian) tell her they really liked me, b/c I wasn't like "other black guys". How the hell are you supposed to take that? "Uh... thanks!"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So I might get a KFC for lunch...I'm desperate and the nearest Popeyes is too far.

First misplaced thigh gap hate and now this, I feel like the struggle side of the force is taking me over. This must have been what Anikan felt before killing all those sand people.

So I might get a KFC for lunch...I'm desperate and the nearest Popeyes is too far.

First misplaced thigh gap hate and now this, I feel like the struggle side of the force is taking me over. This must have been what Anikan felt before killing all those sand people.

You gon eat dat kfc and love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom