• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Uncle had a stroke a few days ago. 51 years old. From the sound of things, heart and kidneys are fucked up. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but too many of my relatives have lost control of half their bodies too early in their lives. For my parents seemingly the worst part about it all is having to once again deal with healthcare in the deep south.

Someone should photoshop kotekas or whatever those penis cones are on all of BCT Gaf's avatars, even Devo's and Snatch's avy.

Edit - Moris is halfway there.

I just fucked up my weekend.

Came into the office to catch up on some work and I stepped out to get something and the door locked behind me.

My keys and wallet are now gone til Monday. Can't take my car home, cause my keys are in there and my wallet has mmy automatic parking pass to get out of the parking structure.

Getting picked up in a few minutes to go home and punch a wall.

I just fucked up my weekend.

Came into the office to catch up on some work and I stepped out to get something and the door locked behind me.

My keys and wallet are now gone til Monday. Can't take my car home, cause my keys are in there and my wallet has mmy automatic parking pass to get out of the parking structure.

Getting picked up in a few minutes to go home and punch a wall.

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR KEYS AND WALLET IN YOUR PANTS POCKETS!

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR KEYS AND WALLET IN YOUR PANTS POCKETS!

Someone is always there before me and there are a few people who leave way after me. I'm used to not having to worry about unlocking in the morning or locking up at night.

I'm still clocked in too, so I have to explain this shit to my boss Monday.

Someone is always there before me and there are a few people who leave way after me. I'm used to not having to worry about unlocking in the morning or locking up at night.

I'm still clocked in too, so I have to explain this shit to my boss Monday.

Its a general life rule, that will always save you from situations like this.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
This Boston thing has me all sorts of fucked up.

They essentially put that city under marshal law. No one leaves their homes. If you're at work, you stay there. There will be no one in the streets. Lock your doors. If the military knocks, you open and obey any and all commands. You will be interrogated if found outside.

All from two young adults with explosives and some firearms. One isn't even twenty years old, yet.

That's INSANE to me.

I understand that things have changed since 2001, but I don't like that stormtrooper shit at all. This isn't an army invading our home soil. This wasn't warships dropping carpet bombs laying waste to thousands.

This is - if we're to take the news accurately - two motherfuckers. TWO! Who set off two explosions in a building, robbed a convenience store, killed an MIT campus policeman, stole a vehicle, and replayed the gunfight from Heat in a suburban neighborhood.

And because of that, we had the city go into COMPLETE suspension?

This didn't happen when 2 guys committed one of the most deadliest bombing attacks in Oklahoma. This didn't happen when two damn planes destroyed the two largest towers in New York, and one in Washington. So why the fuck did we just go full retard now? What's different? How are these two guys so powerful and their apprehension so paramount that locking down the city, stopping all public transport, freezing all flights, disrupting all cell phone networks, confining all Boston citizens to their homes and having the national guard on the streets and knocking on doors was considered okay?

This doesn't feel right at all. There's something really dark going on with this, and it scares the fuck out of me.

zero_suit

This Boston thing has me all sorts of fucked up.

They essentially put that city under marshal law. No one leaves their homes. If you're at work, you stay there. There will be no one in the streets. Lock your doors. If the military knocks, you open and obey any and all commands. You will be interrogated if found outside.

All from two young adults with explosives and some firearms. One isn't even twenty years old, yet.

That's INSANE to me.

I understand that things have changed since 2001, but I don't like that stormtrooper shit at all. This isn't an army invading our home soil. This wasn't warships dropping carpet bombs laying waste to thousands.

This is - if we're to take the news accurately - two motherfuckers. TWO! Who set off two explosions in a building, robbed a convenience store, killed an MIT campus policeman, stole a vehicle, and replayed the gunfight from Heat in a suburban neighborhood.

And because of that, we had the city go into COMPLETE suspension?

This didn't happen when 2 guys committed one of the most deadliest bombing attacks in Oklahoma. This didn't happen when two damn planes destroyed the two largest towers in New York, and one in Washington. So why the fuck did we just go full retard now? What's different? How are these two guys so powerful and their apprehension so paramount that locking down the city, stopping all public transport, freezing all flights, disrupting all cell phone networks, confining all Boston citizens to their homes and having the national guard on the streets and knocking on doors was considered okay?

This doesn't feel right at all. There's something really dark going on with this, and it scares the fuck out of me.
Unfortunately, 9/11 fucked everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom