• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this family took their kid's friend to a store with them and he tried to steal some struggle headphones by putting them in the mother's purse?

That's some weak shit....but god damn motherfukkar.

So this family took their kid's friend to a store with them and he tried to steal some struggle headphones by putting them in the mother's purse?

15 years......that's a long ass time for some headphones my nigga.

few things I notice in the video.

First part the kid thinks they are joking. He has a lil grin on face until mom dukes slaps him.
His "friend" the dark skin kid starts wailing on him
The older brother had to be in his 30's and should have been the voice of reason but instead decides to slap my man 15 times for every year his mother would have got.
Mom can't control her own kids as she tells them to let the boy go and older son continues to slap the kid.
Daughter filming everything is dumb as a sack or rocks i.e "you lucky he not punching you" and let me zoom in on this bloody lip

I only know of one reason to pull out the tape in that type of situation and it was not warranted for some 2 dollar headphones from the dollar store.

Seems to me like a ratchet ass family that were looking for an excuse to be ratchet and a friend who was trying to do something "cool" to get in good with them only to have it backfire.

Onemic

aint no way anybody's going to jail for 15 years for stealing some struggle $2 headphones.

Funny thing is, for all that talk about them not wanting to go to jail, the family can easily be charged and sent to jail for the shit that they pulled.

I'm laughing at the idea of being framed for stealing dollar store coby earbuds being your 3rd strike.

That's a whole new level of ratchet-struggle that the world hasn't witnessed since the first theft of bootleg copies of Soulplane.

DominoKid

Seems to be the case. I can't believe dude would go out like that over something that really is almost worthless.

I don't know why they tossing around 15 years, like that was actually gonna happen, nobody is doing that kind of time, hell 'any' time.

seriously

she might have priors and shaped up since. you never know w/ shit like this.

Imm0rt4l

Seems to be the case. I can't believe dude would go out like that over something that really is almost worthless.

she might have priors and shaped up since. you never know w/ shit like this.
Good point. I guess it's possible in California for sure. I know a guy with a string of run ins with the law who got caught stealing hundreds of dollars worth of stuff at a wal-mart. It was just at the cutoff between petit larceny and grand.

Onemic

I'm laughing at the idea of being framed for stealing dollar store coby earbuds being your 3rd strike.

That's a whole new level of ratchet-struggle that the world hasn't witnessed since the first theft of bootleg copies of Soulplane.

Is that 3rd strike bs effective on any charge, no matter how small? Wow if so.

ReiGun

Found this in the comments:

Copy pasta from a consultant:"I am a former FBI consultant, what went on in this video is clear cut evidence of assault and battery, assault, aggravated assault, aggravated assault and battery, wrongful detainment, public humiliation, torture, possible assault against a minor or violent crimes against children and kidnapping.. Him being there would not be considered kidnapping since he was not forcibly brought there against his will.. But at the point where he was heading to the door to leave and the other guy forced him to the couch and forcibly confined him there is when it became kidnapping.. A few key points to make here are that for one a theft of a pair $2 headphones does not warrant a prison sentence of 15 years.. Depending on the state, anything below $250-$500 is considered petty theft or petty larceny, which warrants a maximum 6 months of jail time and/or a fine of $2,500. In this video there are 4 felonies being committed. Each with a different felony class and each imposes a different minimum/maximum punishment sentence. There are also 3 misdemeanors.. All with different classes and minimum/maximum punishment sentences. 10+ counts of assault(verbal threats), 5 counts of felony aggravated assault and battery, 3 counts of violent crimes against a child(minor) which is also a felony, 1 count of kidnapping, 1 count of wrongful detainment, 1 count of public humiliation, 1 count of aggravated bullying, 4 counts of torture, 3 counts of aggravated harassment plus all the other minor things that happened in this video.. At worst, if the mother was to receive any type of punishment from the headphones she would have gotten a ticket and possible community service.. But because of this video, her and All her children now face anywhere between 1 - 30 years imprisonment, depending on state.. Retaliating against something that would have resulted in her getting a slap on the wrist has now escalated to her having compounded felony charges which will result in the "supposed" prison time they were so concerned about. I will be sending this video into the local FBI office here in LA and if nothing has been done about this yet then I will see to it that it gets done.."

Anyone know how true this is?

Onemic

Well, looks like they'll be getting their prison time that they were trying their best to avoid. And if she's on that 3rd strike shit....then damn

I still dont know why people record videos of themselves committing crimes and then uploading it on WSHH. It's like they want themselves to get caught.

That was the most ignorant shit I have ever seen. So you worried about doing 15 years (hahahah) for shoplifting, so you imprison and beat someone? Oh, and then your crab family asses film it and post it online? You have got to be kidding me. Good riddance.

ReiGun

All they had to do was take the kid back to the store, explain to to the store folk and the kid's mom what happened, and let them sort it out. But no, let's exact hood justice instead. And make sure we film it and put it online.

It's sad and hilarious all at the same time.

DominoKid

#TeamNoCameraLife

that's one of the things i've never got is why people feel the need to record/photograph everything. maybe it's because the people i hang with, we're pretty hard on no cameras. occasionally we'll let it go, but those videos end up highlighting why you DONT record anything. you don't need to watch it again. just appreciate the memory and the stories.

it's digital self-snitching.

edit: i'm watching A Time To Kill for probably the zillionth time. it is amazing how such a good movie...can be so fucking hilarious just because of what samuel l jackson has become in recent years.

#TeamNoCameraLife

that's one of the things i've never got is why people feel the need to record/photograph everything. maybe it's because the people i hang with, we're pretty hard on no cameras. occasionally we'll let it go, but those videos end up highlighting why you DONT record anything. you don't need to watch it again. just appreciate the memory and the stories.

it's digital self-snitching.

edit: i'm watching A Time To Kill for probably the zillionth time. it is amazing how such a good movie...can be so fucking hilarious just because of what samuel l jackson has become in recent years.

i'm always taking pix and recording video. i guess i just don't hang with people who are 'bout dat life.

Gorillaz

just saw that vid on WSHH shit was terrible

a few lines made me laugh tho the guy speaking in the back ground was all like

"yo let me get my turn"
"why you do it tho"
"smile....SMILE"

EDIT: damn that is a little too ratchet

just saw that vid on WSHH shit was terrible

a few lines made me laugh tho the guy speaking in the back ground was all like

"yo let me get my turn"
"why you do it tho"
"smile....SMILE"

EDIT: damn that is a little too ratchet

Let's not talk to the young dude and see what was going through his mind at the time. Nah let's not give him a moment to even apologize under his own accord. Let's slap him for every time mom's could have allegedly went to jail. The older brother played himself like a bitch! Dude could have easily diffused that situation and calmed his ratchet ass mother down. Instead he reignites the situation numerous times.

Sad part of it all young man more than likely won't press charges for fear of being labeled a "snitch"

Onemic

Let's not talk to the young dude and see what was going through his mind at the time. Nah let's not give him a moment to even apologize under his own accord. Let's slap him for every time mom's could have allegedly went to jail. The older brother played himself like a bitch! Dude could have easily diffused that situation and calmed his ratchet ass mother down. Instead he reignites the situation numerous times.

Sad part of it all young man more than likely won't press charges for fear of being labeled a "snitch"

Probably won't need to since it's on WSHH. If anything his mother will press charges. Some dude on WSHH said they already got arrested, but I can't find any news report to confirm it.

hahaha oh wow!! the best part is people are like "what are foams?"

Glad he posted pics or it would have devolved into Slayven's simping thread territory. Lame ass gaffers get personally offended when they don't know what something means. Hell, do I get pissed cause I forget what the fuck a "DOTA" is? You know what, fuck that mean?

Slayven

Glad he posted pics or it would have devolved into Slayven's simping thread territory. Lame ass gaffers get personally offended when they don't know what something means. Hell, do I get pissed cause I forget what the fuck a "DOTA" is. You know what, fuck that mean?

I didn't know what foams were, I highlighted the word and googled it. Why people have to display their jackassness I will never know.

Google images even pops up with the picture.

Glad he posted pics or it would have devolved into Slayven's simping thread territory. Lame ass gaffers get personally offended when they don't know what something means. Hell, do I get pissed cause I forget what the fuck a "DOTA" is? You know what, fuck that mean?

you can go to google and type in foams and they are right there, images and all!

edit: just checked bing.

bing wins, the sneak pics are on top.

Since I never filled this out
or contributed meaningfully to this thread. :p

Where you're from-US
Where you live- Midwest
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-Black, African American (Or whatever the census calls it nowadays)
Do you know your roots-Yes.
Your Age-mid 20's
Favorite musical genre- Variety is best... Just no country...
Your profession/major/career interest- Business
Your religious affiliation-none
Hobbies-Running, Video Games, Reading, Watching Sports

I didn't know what foams were, I highlighted the word and googled it. Why people have to display their jackassness I will never know.

Google images even pops up with the picture.

As someone who isn't a sneakerhead, I didn't know what foams meant. But given the context of the story it was pretty obvious.

As someone who isn't a sneakerhead, I didn't know what foams meant. But given the context of the story it was pretty obvious.

Same here.

I never did this either.

Where you're from - US
Where you live - DC
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American
Do you know your roots - nope.
Your Age - 30 this year... hate these feels
Favorite musical genre - hip hop is still my favorite, though I find myself listening to other genres a lot more lately.
Your profession/major/career interest - corp. law
Your religious affiliation - Christian
Hobbies - Video Games, NBA, my kids, manga

Infinite

I lurk this thread a lot but I hardly post. I guess I'll do one of these lol

Where you're from-US
Where you live- North East
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, West Indian, Irish
Do you know your roots-Yes and No.
Your Age- early 20's
Favorite musical genre- hmm anything with rock instrumentation i would consider a fav but I generally listen to a lot of modern music.
Your profession/major/career interest- Programming, Game Design, Emerging Media
Your religious affiliation- Islam
Hobbies- Video Games, Anime, music, fashion, blogging, designing and dancing

RedSwirl

Funny parts? We thought the kid buying the bike was like 18 or something because of the way their parents acted but the dude was 26 and had to have his mother and father talk for him. The side view mirror that the dude punched out? It was a bike reserved for a police officer. And, this is what takes the cake. The father calls like 30 minutes later apologizing for his actions and then asking to purchase a bike. Like, wtf??????

I'm the same age and my parents still insist on butting in and talking shit to people on my behalf. Opportunities for that to happen don't arise often at all but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom