• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

It's funny, you got like a murderer's row of games for the 3DS coming out, Yoshi's Island and LttP2 and Mario and Luigi Dream Team and shit

Meanwhile, on the Wii-U....

4vTIJbr.png

oh uh, add in Pikmin 3 in August, lol

I endured the N64 and Gamecube droughts. I will endure this.

lol I don't even own a Wii U yet and I only owned an N64 and Gamecube during those eras.

Deprive

Theyre already a secondary console. The best they can hope for is a supplementary console much like Ms tried to do in the beginning of this generation with the wii60. I think the last thing Nintendo wants to do is devalue themselves further by saying "its OK if you sleep with dem otha girls I don't mind being a side piece". This line of thinking is antithetical to nintys philosophy. They often don't even pump out enough of their own titles to inflate their value. You wouldnt be hard pressed to find an expensive Nintendo gamecube title. You would be hard pressed to walk into a gamestop and find a copy of xenoblade(and I bet if you did it would be relatively expensive).

That's what I meant lol I didn't mean secondary as in second place. With most titles being multiplat next gen, it would be pointless for most gamers to own a PS4 and Nextbox.

Yeah Nintendo doesn't want to devalue themselves, but how the hell they gonna turn this around? I knew Nintendo was gonna have a hard time after those two lackluster E3s but damn I didn't expect this shit. Good thing I didn't buy it

RedSwirl

http://blackgirlnerdy.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-afro-petting-zoo-is-closed-public.html

DontTouchMyHair_Sepia.png

Theyre already a secondary console. The best they can hope for is a supplementary console much like Ms tried to do in the beginning of this generation with the wii60. I think the last thing Nintendo wants to do is devalue themselves further by saying "its OK if you sleep with dem otha girls I don't mind being a side piece". This line of thinking is antithetical to nintys philosophy. They often don't even pump out enough of their own titles to inflate their value. You wouldnt be hard pressed to find an expensive Nintendo gamecube title. You would be hard pressed to walk into a gamestop and find a copy of xenoblade(and I bet if you did it would be relatively expensive).

I've already accepted that Nintendo shouldn't even be trying to compete for the same games Sony and Microsoft's consoles are getting. Those 3rd party developers are pretty much gone. In fact, I think they should've made the big push for indies they're making now back in 2006. The kind of gaming market EA, Activision, and Take-Two want is not the gaming market that Nintendo wants -- Nintendo is philosophically opposed to those guys at this point. Indies are probably more similar to Nintendo than anyone else when it comes to game design right now. They're trying to make a big push to encourage indies to sell on the Wii U and it might work to some extent, but they would've had a much bigger audience on the Wii if that system had a digital service similar to what eShop is right now.

FyreWulff

We're all getting into the workout mood so I bought a pair of compression shorts to help my legs with MOAR SPEED LINEZ

ltpd2sPl.jpg

Just went on a store run with these on. Pretty legit, kept my upper leg muscles warmed up, they didn't feel tired when I got back at all.

That WSHH video, man...

I'm the same age and my parents still insist on butting in and talking shit to people on my behalf. Opportunities for that to happen don't arise often at all but still.
Honestly, I thought about it. I'm sure if someone did me wrong (I am 23, by the way) and I did all I could to fix the situation, my parents would talk shit on my behalf too. The thing that struck me the most is that the kid was real passive about the situation. I'm guessing he did get a beating of some sort because he did look pretty sad.

I'm still not sure about the situation. That's what happens when you work in the hood, I guess. Lol.

As far as the Wii U goes, there really isn't any reason to own one at the moment in my opinion. Way too early. Just wait it out or get a 3DS to hold you over because the 3DS is killing it.

I lurk this thread a lot but I hardly post. I guess I'll do one of these lol

Where you're from-US
Where you live- North East
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, West Indian, Irish
Do you know your roots-Yes and No.
Your Age- early 20's
Favorite musical genre- hmm anything with rock instrumentation i would consider a fav but I generally listen to a lot of modern music.
Your profession/major/career interest- Programming, Game Design, Emerging Media
Your religious affiliation- Islam
Hobbies- Video Games, Anime, music, fashion, blogging, designing and dancing

welcome and.....

kfc or that other chicken company?

Wynnebeck

Banned
We're all getting into the workout mood so I bought a pair of compression shorts to help my legs with MOAR SPEED LINEZ

ltpd2sPl.jpg

Just went on a store run with these on. Pretty legit, kept my upper leg muscles warmed up, they didn't feel tired when I got back at all.

Looks like a ratchet Venom costume piece.

Something that cheap the store probably already wrote it off and don't care.

Truth. The only way a dollar store is tripping over some cheap crap like that is if the whole family was acting crazy while in the store to begin with.

I really do hope that whole family gets locked up for that bullshit. Hard lessons are fine but that was well and beyond where it should've went. Sittin up here talking about how the kid is a piece of shit for stealing some cheap headphones but you're going to hold him in the house smacking the shit out of him like that's right.

That mom probably does have priors if that's how she conducts herself.

Truth. The only way a dollar store is tripping over some cheap crap like that is if the whole family was acting crazy while in the store to begin with.

I really do hope that whole family gets locked up for that bullshit. Hard lessons are fine but that was well and beyond where it should've went. Sittin up here talking about how the kid is a piece of shit for stealing some cheap headphones but you're going to hold him in the house smacking the shit out of him like that's right.

That mom probably does have priors if that's how she conducts herself.

I'll be even more appalled if she doesn't have priors. Can't imagine someone acting like that with no record at all.

Punk ass deserved that beating.

Somebody has to smack some sense into him, might as well have been her son, LOL

The kid didn't deserve all that.

Shoulda verbally dug into him, especially for lying about putting it in her purse. Then call or go to his mom's place and tell her what went down. I'd hope she wouldn't bitch slap him 15 times, but at that point its out of your hands and you're not jumping someone's child on tape.

The kid didn't deserve all that.

Shoulda verbally dug into him, especially for lying about putting it in her purse. Then call or go to his mom's place and tell her what went down. I'd hope she wouldn't bitch slap him 15 times, but at that point its out of your hands and you're not jumping someone's child on tape.

Bet his ass wont do that again.

These young ass punks sometimes need a wake up call. I have a cousin who was doing all kind of wild ass shit. No father figure, lived with my Grandmother. One time he pushed my Grandmother. My father went over, took care of business behind closed doors, he actually got his life together afterwards.

Cant pussy foot with these kids.

These young ass punks sometimes need a wake up call. I have a cousin who was doing all kind of wild ass shit. No father figure, lived with my Grandmother. One time he pushed my Grandmother. My father went over, took care of business behind closed doors, he actually got his life together afterwards.

He got physical with an elderly (I'm assuming) adult and his punishement was handled by family.

This is another family getting absurdly physical and humiliating a kid over a pair of $2 headphones from a dollar store. Even IF this kid was on a wild path it's nowhere near in their rights to pull some shit like that. Tell his family and let THEM handle it.

Your dad laying a whooping on his nephew for pushing his mother is a bit different than some family taking turns on some kid for lying about petty theft.

I've stolen before when I was younger, getting bitch slapped by strangers hardly seems like a just punishment.

DominoKid

Your dad laying a whooping on his nephew for pushing his mother is a bit different than some family taking turns on some kid for lying about petty theft.

I've stolen before when I was younger, getting bitch slapped by strangers hardly seems like a just punishment.

he tried to frame their mother. cmon man. he should get his ass beat on principle alone.

He got physical with an elderly (I'm assuming) adult and his punishement was handled by family.

This is another family getting absurdly physical and humiliating a kid over a pair of $2 headphones from a dollar store. Even IF this kid was on a wild path it's nowhere near in their rights to pull some shit like that. Tell his family and let THEM handle it.

Well If he had kept it on his person sure, but hiding it in her purse gets her involved in the crime.

Sorry I dont feel for the little shit.

he tried to frame their mother. cmon man. he should get his ass beat on principle alone.

He didn't kill a man and put the murder weapon in her bed. He put $2 headphones in her purse. At worst his friend should have gut punched him for being an asshole, along with a verbal bitch slap instead of a literal one and a trip to his mom's place so she could punish him as she saw fit. As soon as the adults put hands on him, they were wrong.

If my younger brother's friends did that to me I can't imagine I'd do or say much but call him a few names and tell him to fuck off to his house.

That's a stretch. yeah it's some bitch shit to put the stolen headphones on someone else but that's not framing them. Even if she was caught she could easily just talk her way out of it. Well probably not her judging from how she over reacts to shit but most people could.

Anyhow like I said, let his family handle that shit. It's not their place.

Well If he had kept it on his person sure, but hiding it in her purse gets her involved in the crime.

Sorry I dont feel for the little shit.

I'm not excusing his actions at all. But the punishment needs to fit the crime and in no way was what he got equal to what he did. It started fine. She yelled at him and put him in his place. But the moment it steps into the physical realm with her sons beating the kid it's well out of hand.

The fact that they could all go to jail on worse charges for what they did than anyone would for what he did plainly shows it's excessive.

zon

Glad he posted pics or it would have devolved into Slayven's simping thread territory. Lame ass gaffers get personally offended when they don't know what something means. Hell, do I get pissed cause I forget what the fuck a "DOTA" is? You know what, fuck that mean?

If they get personally offended they got a whole lot more problems than just being lame. You gotta have some serious issues to get pissed about that. This is assuming they're not just whoring for attention. :p

Onemic

These kids are out of control beatings for all. Stop their ass before they try and jack my shit.

Real talk, spare the rod, spoil the child.

naw, there's a certain time and place for that type of punishment and this most definitely aint it. I doubt you would be saying the same if it was your son in that video.

If you were cool with what happened to him you would have failed him twice.

If my son at that age didn't know that shit isn't acceptable I already failed, so it wouldn't matter. This wasnt an 8 year old kid this was a teenager. Mother fucker is already securing his future existence in the bucket.

I aint Charmin soft, that kid is better off for catching those bitch slaps. But whatever people gonna keep raising these horrible children. My progeny will not be among them.

Imm0rt4l

Ironically, this video is more likely to cause them to go to jail.

If my son at that age didn't know that shit isn't acceptable I already failed, so it wouldn't matter. This wasnt an 8 year old kid this was a teenager. Mother fucker is already securing his future existence in the bucket.

I aint Charmin soft, that kid is better off for catching those bitch slaps. But whatever people gonna keep raising these horrible children. My progeny will not be among them.

You're fooling yourself if you think that a teenage child isn't going to make a stupid decision despite knowing better than that. That you think any stupid decision (especially one as small as trying to steal a $2 pair of headphones) means that the child was horribly raised tells me that you've got some wild ideas about parenthood.

You're fooling yourself if you think that a teenage child isn't going to make a stupid decision despite knowing better than that. That you think any stupid decision (especially one as small as trying to steal a $2 pair of headphones) means that the child was horribly raised tells me that you've got some wild ideas about parenthood.

I never stole, follow how I was raised, not crazy.

And if that punk came from a stable home I would give you $100.

The average person did way stupider things as a teen, myself included, a nice videotaped humiliation and slap-a-thon were way beyond what that kid deserved.

I never stole, follow how I was raised, not crazy.

And if that punk came from a stable home I would give you $100.

If you never did anything wrong in your life, you have to be the second coming of Gandhi.

And I can say with full confidence that the kid who stole the headphones comes from a more stable home than the one belonging to the people who attacked him.

Why you gotta lie tho? You know he had you in a full nelson til you promised to splurge for cable. He wasn't about that struggleTV, he wasn't gonna miss out his Game of Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom