• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
jkv369B7dFfRo.PNG

I would like to take this moment to honor our fallen brother, ViewtifulJC. And when I say "brother," I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful, I think.

Almost had an altercation with Struggle Afro Buddha Jesus on the train this weekend.

So my mom is in town for the first time since I've been in DC, and I wanted to show her the monuments. I'm on the train with my wife, two kids (3 and 1), her, and my 2 year old niece. We luck up and get the front of a metro car for ourselves so we have a block of seats. I see this walking struggle on the far end of the train. Fucking prayer beads, a kufi, a bow tie and a big ass bag. Dude walks the length of the car, slides past my double stroller to sit behind us. I already know the deal, my wife and I share a collective sigh.

Dude taps me on the shoulder and is like, "I see you have kids, you want them to be blessed, right?"
[I]".. uh, sure."
[/I]"
Alright, well blessings could be in store for them. Have you ever heard of the 'Moringa tree'?
thinks - "FUCK."
So I think that I need to end this as quick as possible, I'm not in the mood for his spill and my mom is skittish cause she's never really lived in a big city, so the sooner I get him to walk on the better.
"Hey, I'm sorry man, but I'm not really interested."
Immediately pissed - "Interested in WHAT?"
"Whatever it is that you're selling."
"I aint selling nothing! But if don't want this blessing, whatever." - gets up.. (thank god)
"You know what, this wasn't even for you. I'm trying to bless your kids!"
"Oh ok, I'm good though." (my mom... "shhh, just ignore him don't talk to him")
"I'm here for all kids, I don't know if these are your kids, but you're wasting a blessing, harming your kids." (he had gotten up and was waiting by the door to get off the train)
my mom - "I've heard of that tree."
" I don't care, he's getting mad cause I didn't want to hear about it and now talking about what I do and don't do for me kids. Surprising I'm not interested in hearing more."
(mom - "shhhh, just stop talking") (thinking - "fuck you mom, stfu, you don't deal with this stuff daily, and you haven't lived here for two years.. and you don't know how to fucking whisper.")
"Nah, he's bothering people."

"WHO'S BOTHERING PEOPLE!?!"
"You're bothering me."

Welp, I shouldn't have said that (nah I should have said it and made him eat a standing pole).

(we arrive at a stop and he stands by the open door cause he needs to educate me now)

"BOTHERING PEOPLE! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE!?!" (I didn't say... 'you people')
"Man, I'm for all kids and trying to bless them and you saying I'm BOTHERING PEOPLE?? THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT!!!!"
"Hold up, I thought you were for 'the kids'? You cussing in front of them now?"
"WHO SAID A CUSS WORD? SEE YOU DON'T KNOW THE WORDS, LET ME EDUCATE YOU ON THE MEANINGS:
F.U.C.K MEANS FORNICATING UNDER (I forgot the rest of that bullshit, but you probably remember from middle school and thinking it was cool then)
B.I.T.C.H. is a female dog. See, you don't know what you don't know cause you have pride. Yea, pride that's what it is. Man, you probably hate that you're black, 'PEOPLE LIKE ME.' You hate blacks. I'm going to blow your mind and show you a mirror." (next stop.. FINALLY)
"Oh ok, yea.. you pegged me. later." (all I could say, cause everything I was thinking was some tear out his soul and make him fight me shit...)

So should I have just kept my mouth shut when struggle jesus insinuated I don't care for my kids?

Said fuck it and fucked him up in front of my kids, pushing the stroller and telling someone, "watch my kids." Resulting in a WSHH video.

Or just listen to his garbage sales pitch?

In those situations my reactions depend entirely on my situation and surroundings. If it's just me, I'll tell them I'm not interested in whatever "knowledge" they're trying to pass on. This way, if they get confrontational.. I have no reservations of taking it there.

If I'm with my family, my goal is to avoid confrontation so I don't put them in a situation I'd rather them not be in. So I typically just nod and "yeah" my way through whatever nonsense they want to spew until we can go on about our business.

Gorillaz

thinking it was a mix of that kevincow comment and the comment in the cousin thread. Felt like it was one of those "aren't too much shit at once" type of bans

thats some bullshit that it's a permaban tho

Satch

Banned
that had to have been incredibly recent because it wasnt too long ago that he overturned a thread full of fat shaming bans and then had a long debate with mumei and some anime mod and the teddy bear mod about how fat people should be treated, and the attitude was not exactly positive

BHZ Mayor

I know for a fact EL does not like people making fun of those that are overweight.
This goes against every thread I've ever seen involving overweight people on Gaf. I know attacking posters is frowned upon, but other than that, "fat-shaming" for lack of a better term, seemed to be almost encouraged.

that had to have been incredibly recent because it wasnt too long ago that he overturned a thread full of fat shaming bans and then had a long debate with mumei and some anime mod and the teddy bear mod about how fat people should be treated, and the attitude was not exactly positive

Satch, you have a way with words.

Slayven

wat.

Loofah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wash rag.

It aint even close.
Canadian struggle....smh

Almost had an altercation with Struggle Afro Buddha Jesus on the train this weekend.

So my mom is in town for the first time since I've been in DC, and I wanted to show her the monuments. I'm on the train with my wife, two kids (3 and 1), her, and my 2 year old niece. We luck up and get the front of a metro car for ourselves so we have a block of seats. I see this walking struggle on the far end of the train. Fucking prayer beads, a kufi, a bow tie and a big ass bag. Dude walks the length of the car, slides past my double stroller to sit behind us. I already know the deal, my wife and I share a collective sigh.

Dude taps me on the shoulder and is like, "I see you have kids, you want them to be blessed, right?"
[I]".. uh, sure."
[/I]"
Alright, well blessings could be in store for them. Have you ever heard of the 'Moringa tree'?
thinks - "FUCK."
So I think that I need to end this as quick as possible, I'm not in the mood for his spill and my mom is skittish cause she's never really lived in a big city, so the sooner I get him to walk on the better.
"Hey, I'm sorry man, but I'm not really interested."
Immediately pissed - "Interested in WHAT?"
"Whatever it is that you're selling."
"I aint selling nothing! But if don't want this blessing, whatever." - gets up.. (thank god)
"You know what, this wasn't even for you. I'm trying to bless your kids!"
"Oh ok, I'm good though." (my mom... "shhh, just ignore him don't talk to him")
"I'm here for all kids, I don't know if these are your kids, but you're wasting a blessing, harming your kids." (he had gotten up and was waiting by the door to get off the train)
my mom - "I've heard of that tree."
" I don't care, he's getting mad cause I didn't want to hear about it and now talking about what I do and don't do for me kids. Surprising I'm not interested in hearing more."
(mom - "shhhh, just stop talking") (thinking - "fuck you mom, stfu, you don't deal with this stuff daily, and you haven't lived here for two years.. and you don't know how to fucking whisper.")
"Nah, he's bothering people."

"WHO'S BOTHERING PEOPLE!?!"
"You're bothering me."

Welp, I shouldn't have said that (nah I should have said it and made him eat a standing pole).

(we arrive at a stop and he stands by the open door cause he needs to educate me now)

"BOTHERING PEOPLE! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE!?!" (I didn't say... 'you people')
"Man, I'm for all kids and trying to bless them and you saying I'm BOTHERING PEOPLE?? THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT!!!!"
"Hold up, I thought you were for 'the kids'? You cussing in front of them now?"
"WHO SAID A CUSS WORD? SEE YOU DON'T KNOW THE WORDS, LET ME EDUCATE YOU ON THE MEANINGS:
F.U.C.K MEANS FORNICATING UNDER (I forgot the rest of that bullshit, but you probably remember from middle school and thinking it was cool then)
B.I.T.C.H. is a female dog. See, you don't know what you don't know cause you have pride. Yea, pride that's what it is. Man, you probably hate that you're black, 'PEOPLE LIKE ME.' You hate blacks. I'm going to blow your mind and show you a mirror." (next stop.. FINALLY)
"Oh ok, yea.. you pegged me. later." (all I could say, cause everything I was thinking was some tear out his soul and make him fight me shit...)

So should I have just kept my mouth shut when struggle jesus insinuated I don't care for my kids?

Said fuck it and fucked him up in front of my kids, pushing the stroller and telling someone, "watch my kids." Resulting in a WSHH video.

Or just listen to his garbage sales pitch?
I can't stands confrontational struggle. That is what gets me ready to fight. When you try to suck me in like a struggle blackhole somebody about to get their feelings hurt.

BHZ Mayor

wait satch what fallout are you talking about? was that the one where mumei was talking about stepping down or something?
This was after that. She's talking about the thread about the three women that had something like "three fat women" on their restaurant receipt.

The mma culling wasn't just about bashing. It was bashing someone who was trying to better themselves and was in the middle of their journey. At least that's how I saw it.

Ok. So the common thread is a personal attack. That's fair and consistent. I don't know VJC's body of work, but a perma seems crazy for those two post and other minor bans.

But it should be common sense that particularized personal appearance is off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom