• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

zon

His attack on KevinCow was real bad, not something I would've thought was worth a perma though. It might have been considered especially bad since KevinCow has had (or has, I'm not sure which) a lot of mental problems and from what I've seen posted here on gaf he's struggling pretty hard with trying to become 'normal' so to speak.

And whoever said it, gold and brown wolverine is da bess

F1nbLlv.jpg

I now know what it is like to be Slayven. In love with a girl of that I could never be with...

EDIT: Random shit but after posting this I got an email from interracial dating.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Byakuya, you did the right thing. I've done the same when out with all of the kids. On my own, though? "Not interested" and fix them with the stare. Not another word.

Tell whatsisname to climb down off his cross and stop lying to his own people about the ban length. If he can't do 2 weeks standing on his head, can't nobody help his ass. Soft as sugar *hmmph*

F1nbLlv.jpg

I now know what it is like to be Slayven. In love with a girl of that I could never be with...
She looks exactly like one my cousins back in the UK. Shit's uncanny.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Tell whatsisname to climb down off his cross and stop lying to his own people about the ban length. If he can't do 2 weeks standing on his head, can't nobody help his ass. Soft as sugar *hmmph*
LOL

oh lawd now we're back to cousins again

Byakuya, you did the right thing. I've done the same when out with all of the kids. On my own, though? "Not interested" and fix them with the stare. Not another word.

Damn man after this and that new Drake song, #TEAMLIGHTSKIN has had a rough couple of weeks.

Onemic

Damn, and we would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling mods

black pride early this morning.

My boss: Hey can you fill in for me on this interview. I have a scheduling conflict at 10.
Me: Sure; you got the resume?
My boss: Here it is.
Me: Soooooo his name is pap'e? Is this french or something.
My boss: No his name is pape like papi in spanish
Me: So I'm supposed to call him papi like I'm a chick?
My boss: That's his name.
Me: Nah: I'm good see if Jessica can do the interview.
My boss: But you're the most experienced manager here if I'm not available and I really like you to interview him because he has a lot of experience.
Me: I'm sorry. I can't call another man pape. My remaining street cred hangs in the balance.
My boss: Please do this for me, I'll give you this Friday off.
Me: I'll do it but I'm going to call him Steve. Is that a deal?
My boss: Deal.

Another day in the life at ole big blue.

Slayven

black pride early this morning.

My boss: Hey can you fill in for me on this interview. I have a scheduling conflict at 10.
Me: Sure; you got the resume?
My boss: Here it is.
Me: Soooooo his name is pap'e? Is this french or something.
My boss: No his name is pape like papi in spanish
Me: So I'm supposed to call him papi like I'm a chick?
My boss: That's his name.
Me: Nah: I'm good see if Jessica can do the interview.
My boss: But you're the most experienced manager here if I'm not available and I really like you to interview him because he has a lot of experience.
Me: I'm sorry. I can't call another man pape. My remaining street cred hangs in the balance.
My boss: Please do this for me, I'll give you this Friday off.
Me: I'll do it but I'm going to call him Steve. Is that a deal?
My boss: Deal.

Another day in the life at ole big blue.
His government name was pape?

His government name was pape?

Yes. My man first name is Pape. Pronounced papi. In all my years of being a manager I've never had an issue like this before. I......I can't call this man papi. I going to greet his ass as Steve. We'll see what happens in 15 minutes.

Edit - whelp, here we go. I'll update you guys with dudes reaction when I call him by someone else's name.

hypernima

Banned
Yes. My man first name is Pape. Pronounced papi. In all my years of being a manager I've never had an issue like this before. I......I can't call this man papi. I going to greet his ass as Steve. We'll see what happens in 15 minutes.

Edit - whelp, here we go. I'll update you guys with dudes reaction when I call him by someone else's name.

That's a ridiculously small reason to disrespect someone.

Firstly sounding homophobic and secondly if that's his name then that's his name. Calling somebody something else because you feel some type of way about their name is rude.

I need to practice the stare.

Tell whatsisname to climb down off his cross and stop lying to his own people about the ban length. If he can't do 2 weeks standing on his head, can't nobody help his ass. Soft as sugar *

Bahahahaha. That's messed up VJC. Trying to set us up like that.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That's a ridiculously small reason to disrespect someone.

Firstly sounding homophobic and secondly if that's his name then that's his name. Calling somebody something else because you feel some type of way about their name is rude.

Agreed.

I'm sure you're pronouncing his name wrong. Is he Hispanic?

Nah he's Nigerian. I was saying his name correctly. He's a cool dude though. Supposedly that's a very common name in Africa. I didn't have it in me to call him Steve, but I felt awkward calling this dude by his name. Oh well. Least I got Friday as paid time off!

Edit - Hypernima; there's nothing homophobic about it. Simply put most times when you hear the name Papi in this case Pape it's usually a chick responding or talking to her man/dude. No harm no foul though.

You guys are gonna summon Beetlejuice if you keep this shit up.

Just a misunderstanding. Being fat is fodder in the abstract or when discussing celebs, but it's a personal attack when you direct it at a specific poster. Plus, KevinCow has made mentions about his own appearance and struggles, so that ban got earned.

Onemic

Just a misunderstanding. Being fat is fodder in the abstract or when discussing celebs, but it's a personal attack when you direct it at a specific poster. Plus, KevinCow has made mentions about his own appearance and struggles, so that ban got earned.

Problem is, he seems to revel in it.

still can't do stuff like that though.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

No... I got that. I meant that if you keep mentioning the proprietor of this here establishment (may his name be praised) that he (may peace be upon him) will show up for the party in this here thread and that sometimes, as we MMA folk have discovered, that doesn't work out so well (in his name we overcome).

No... I got that. I meant that if you keep mentioning the proprietor of this here establishment (may his name be praised) that he (may peace be upon him) will show up for the party in this here thread and that sometimes, as we MMA folk have discovered, that doesn't work out so well (in his name we overcome).
I ain't never scurred.

Plus you all combined laughing at the poster with sniping back and forth with him on your ability to make fun and do what you want in your community thread. Bad combo

Futuristic Amish backup singers
Nondescript Japanese streets
Bieber became the Divine Light somehow

I don't understand anything about this music video, and the confusion is acting like a buffer between my brain and the actual track.

Futuristic Amish backup singers
Nondescript Japanese streets
Bieber became the Divine Light somehow

I don't understand anything about this music video, and the confusion is acting like a buffer between my brain and the actual track.

Maybe it's because I haven't seen a new music video in years, but I find this one visually interesting at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom