• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is thinking dudes aren't ripped or buff enough like the new thing for men? Is it your anorexia/"thin is in" in terms of body shaming? Yo dawg your biceps aren't bigger than your head and your thighs don't rub together, COME ON DAWG DO YOU EVEN LIFT.

new to gaf maybe. It's an old ass meme from bodybuilding forum.

its gaf devo

Seen it outside of GAF though.

They all have Man-crushs or wish they looked like Henry Cavill.
KuGsj.gif

lol

The internet wants everyone to look like a comic book character.

I don't think the internet even realizes how some of those bodies are obtained through drug cocktails.

new to gaf maybe. It's an old ass meme from bodybuilding forum.

Doesn't surprise me, just wondering why it's taken hold so bad.

DominoKid

its the bodybuilding forum stuff. shit is hilarious until folks apply it serious.

sn: i got asked a question today that i never thought i'd hear IRL. "do you know what a brony is?" i almost spit my drink out laughing. trying to explain it just made me laugh even harder.

ReiGun

Met someone today that wants to work with me on doing a workshop on game design for a neighborhood outreach program. Not really much to go on atm, but hopefully something comes out of this.

A teen boy millionaire who is showered in the admiration of millions of girls. It doesn't help that he's kind of a shithead tho.

No more a shit head than most teenagers, but yeah.

zon

The severe Bieber hating seems to mainly be a north american thing, I've rarely heard people talk about him here in Sweden until this year.

speaking of which

i've completely lost all 'fascination' with asian women since i've been out here. im pretty sure i was only intrigued since i've only seen 3 all my life in person that were attractive to me and only 1 that wasn't deathly afraid or racist.

yal can invade japan without me. all my attention is going to crossfit womenz, dancers, and basically women in better shape than myself

As someone who's lived between Korea and Japan his whole life, I have never understood the lust for asian chicks to be honest. So when weeaboo-gaf start talkin about they only date asian or they wish they were asian (which is creepy as all the fucks) I sit there like lol why tho?!

Ugh

Nothing like being called up 12:30 at night by your manager saying you were scheduled for tonight

Manager: "Hey you were scheduled for 11pm-7am tonight"
Me: "What? No I wasn't I checked the schedule Friday night"

I hate not having a fixed schedule. FML

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
It is a bank holiday in the UK today, but because i work with a team based in Montreal, i've had to work today.

To make it worse, the sun has been out and i have a park directly opposite my apartment. I can see chicks sunbathing there too. Ugh!

On the plus side, this is one day more that i can take when i go to E3 next month.

Ugh

Nothing like being called up 12:30 at night by your manager saying you were scheduled for tonight

Oh man, this was my life years ago when I was working at Hampton Inn

*work all day, finally come home, hit the hay for a hour or two, ring ring*

"oh btw you gotta work night audit tonight laterzzzzz"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Same case for me in doing grocery stocking. I even saved the work number under a special ringtone so I would know not to pick up the phone so I had probable cause. Didn't stop one of my managers from just calling me from a back office phone to trick me into answering.

DominoKid

Ugh

Lol a buddy of mine got fired from a restaurant for not showing up to work on a sunday, even though he had that saturday off when they put up the schedule

What is it with gaf and Justin beiber. Seriously, I'm indifferent to the kid, I'm not his target audience. I'm not above criticizing him doing dumb shit, but some posts on here just wreak of penis envy. "Justin beiber is a skinny little bitch, he's not even fit". Ok where did that come from.

Creepy GAF is just mad that his penis has been all over Selena Gomez, a place they never will, or ever have a shot at going.

Lol a buddy of mine got fired from a restaurant for not showing up to work on a sunday, even though he had that saturday off when they put up the schedule

Weekends are definitely annoying. A few months ago my manager told me if I worked six days in a row he would give me a weekend off. Middle of the week, my manager gets let go. So I do my time and that weekend I just chilled. Come Monday I get a call from the morning shift manager saying I was scheduled for Sunday. I explained the situation and she understood why I didn't show.

Personally I think they edit the schedules last minute and neglect to call to inform us. "I need to call employee 1 but someone from the next shift will do it".

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"Maybe in 100 years people will think everything we do is racist, haha what're ya gonna do, am I right guys?"

zon

It is a bank holiday in the UK today, but because i work with a team based in Montreal, i've had to work today.

To make it worse, the sun has been out and i have a park directly opposite my apartment. I can see chicks sunbathing there too. Ugh!

On the plus side, this is one day more that i can take when i go to E3 next month.

That's what binoculars are for my friend!

FyreWulff

Two of those officers in that story I posted a bit back ended up charged. One with a felony, the other accessory to a felony.

The actual officer that used the force was not charged, though. The other two are nailed because one took evidence from the scene and threw it away, and the other office knew about it and didn't report it.

Former officer James Kinsella will be charged with felony tampering with evidence, and two misdemeanor charges of obstructing governmental operations and theft by unlawful taking.

Former Sgt. Aaron Von Behren will face misdemeanor charges of accessory to a felony and obstructing governmental operations.

Same case for me in doing grocery stocking. I even saved the work number under a special ringtone so I would know not to pick up the phone so I had probable cause. Didn't stop one of my managers from just calling me from a back office phone to trick me into answering.

I went through the same nonsense, although my manager wasn't smart enough to try using a different number.

As an aside, RGIS is fucking terrible.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm about 80% sure that I'm not going to reenlist and go back to writing/journalism.

There's a chance that I get drawn back in but with no fight to fight and nothing but border patrols for the foreseeable future there's no real point to being in right now.

DY_nasty

Getting my next tattoo tomorrow too. I'll post pics of both later.

*Tattoos are addicting.

HomShaBom

Banned
I'm about 80% sure that I'm not going to reenlist and go back to writing/journalism.

There's a chance that I get drawn back in but with no fight to fight and nothing but border patrols for the foreseeable future there's no real point to being in right now.
I bet you reenlist, like a sucka.

DY_nasty

lol i only got one so far. (but no lie that one is probably gonna wrap around my whole forearm by the time i'm finished with it)
I bet you reenlist, like a sucka.
I want to get out while the getting is good.

But I'm not gonna lie, I could be convinced with a move overseas and not having to do the job of someone 2 ranks up every month.

They're not letting people move after two years anymore though. And we're hitting red cycle three times in the next 9 months. I don't have the patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom