• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Is there any rumor saying it'd double as a DVR?

It's been hinted at since the Xbox 360, and they recently had a patent approved regarding Console DVR in 2011 (filed back in 2007). The 360 was already a Windows Media Center extender, and Microsoft has shown they're pretty invested in living room media capabilities, so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. There's also rumors regarding HDMI pass through/Cable TV integration to circumvent set top boxes: http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/10/xbox-rumor-hdmi-passthrough/

Pretty cool stuff if true.

G-Fex

I thought cloving always trolled but I don't know.

Plus man those system wars junk, especially wii u topics is just a killing zone.

Satch

Banned
cloving may be my white internet baby daddy but yall know good and damn well that wasnt going to go over in any kind of a good way without context added in the initial post

Wynnebeck

Banned
Cloving got perma'd. RIP in peace.

Cloving got perm'd?
glSIKtk.png

Avoiding all battles is the way to go. Wait for concrete evidence and fact instead of that awful system loyalty and fanboyism and shit will be cool. At the end of the day arguing is dumb especially on the damn internet. Hiding behind screens.....

But I digress....

I just watched the Shield trailer for ABC. Well I see Whedon is still gonna give J. August Richards some work. Good shit I am excited. What I don't get is why people tripping off the Coulson retcon. Its just an LMD damn.

EDIT: I have to quit bullshitting and start buying music again. I gotta get that Kendrick Lamar; Daft Punk; and god knows what else.

HomShaBom

Banned
Avoiding all battles is the way to go. Wait for concrete evidence and fact instead of that awful system loyalty and fanboyism and shit will be cool. At the end of the day arguing is dumb especially on the damn internet. Hiding behind screens....
I try not to fanboy, but I'll gladly take shots at the Vita when I can.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Find its best to buy all the systems then just buy the games you actually want instead of buying one system and trying to buy many games to justify it.

but I'm weird and don't spend money on other hobbies.

Satch

Banned
its so coooold in the G
AF

how da fuck do we posed to keep peace

was all on a niiiiiggas miiiind

meeerkiiin and doin tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Find its best to buy all the systems then just buy the games you actually want instead of buying one system and trying to buy many games to justify it.

If only GamingGAF was this diplomatic all the time.

/wishfulthinking

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The man's tag was a straight up reminder to take it easy in gaming. Hell, he wasn't even able to post in gaming for most of last year.

G-Fex

This has always been my answer.

But these people got this ridiculous standards and I guess they got framed pictures of their favorite developers hanging on their walls.

Shield and sword ready to fight other silly hardcore fans. Ridiculous.

BlackJace

Sometimes I just don't have the energy to argue. My post count would probably triple if I didn't decide simply reading gamefaq posts is better than engaging most of them.

This shit should be emblazoned in the background on Gaming. I am rocking every major system minus handhelds. And literally I only buy shit I know to be jam. The only system I even take more risk on is my PS3. If there was a bend it would be toward Sony but that's for money reasons though. But love for all though is where its at.

Slayven

Funny.

I realized I joined GAF for the gaming but realized I spend more time in BCT and OT. When I lurked it was all gaming. Just funny is all.

I can't take gaming seriously. Dudes be wanting to fight over trivial shit, it is like going to a hood club on friday night and everyone has new Js.

I only lurk gaming side. I see zero reason to chat with the super biased, it's an exercise in futility. I'd rather ask for and give my opinion on games in BC and NBA GAF. They usually have lives outside of their videogame hobby.

Slayven

I only lurk gaming side. I see zero reason to chat with the super biased, it's an exercise in futility. I'd rather ask for and give my opinion on games in BC and NBA GAF. They usually have lives outside of their videogame hobby.

It's a nerd thing, nerds get to the point where they enjoy talking about their hobby more than actually doing it. That is why I rarely fuck with comicbook fans.

ReiGun

Personally, I find gaming side comical. I post here and there in fg threads or what have you, but for the most part I lurk and watch the warriors work.

BlackJace

gaming side's way, way too negative the last 2 years.

But why? I thought we congregate in order to discuss and share our passion for gaming. Boggles the mind why we tear each other down.

It's like the crabs in the barrel mentality my father threw out to me when discussing black culture.

You know arguing on the net is an exercise in futility. I know of four separate occasions that I wanted to squash a fool in a comic related thread and I conceded because I knew it would turn into a war of words. I have a good friend who I have argued with for years about Storm turning into a vampire. He says it never happened I say it did. Hell it got to the point where all my boys started having doubt. I then pulled out the issue number a year or 2 later.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But why? I thought we congregate in order to discuss and share our passion for gaming. Boggles the mind why we tear each other down.

It's like the crabs in the barrel mentality my father threw out to me when discussing black culture.

because it's easier to insult a game and act like the only games you like are the accepted really good ones from several years ago. Gaming-gaf is currently the gaming version of the fucking kid whos favorite albums are Aeroplane Over The Sea and Ok Computer. Picking the safest possible answers so you can make fun of others without getting blasted for your own choice because you have no god damn individuality.

'Oh your most played games of 2013 are Thief 2, Baldur's Gate 2, and Planescape Torment? How fucking daring.'

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
because it's easier to insult a game and act like the only games you like are the accepted really good ones from several years ago. Gaming-gaf is currently the gaming version of the fucking kid whos favorite albums are Aeroplane Over The Sea and Ok Computer. Picking the safest possible answers so you can make fun of others without getting blasted for your own choice because you have no god damn individuality.

And of course, everyone has to justify their expenses. All the time. even when no one asked.

ReiGun

You know arguing on the net is an exercise in futility. I know of four separate occasions that I wanted to squash a fool in a comic related thread and I conceded because I knew it would turn into a war of words.

That's why all I do in comics threads is post panels and make bad jokes. Comic and comic related threads on Gaf are pretty shit save the odd gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom