• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure nobody liked 2. 3 was good, had the most consistent humor and some best action scenes in the trilogy, though I'm not in any hurry to see any more Iron Man films. IM3 seemed pretty final in that regard, anyway. Keep up with the Avengers films I think

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
At least 2 knew it was an action movie. 3 is a jumbled mashup of the trailers. And it had the same problem DKR did where it was about the man more than the hero.

They lost me... that movie started trying to be bad boys 2 and I was done.

At least 2 knew it was an action movie. 3 is a jumbled mashup of the trailers. And it had the same problem DKR did where it was about the man more than the hero.

You do realize Batman is as much about Bruce Wayne as it is about Batman...saying too much focus on Bruce is bad makes no sense

Also Iron Man 3 was the best of the trilogy. All I wanted was to see Iron Man fly around and do cool things with his suits and see Tony being a dick to everyone and I got that

DY_nasty

You do realize Batman is as much about Bruce Wayne as it is about Batman...saying too much focus on Bruce is bad makes no sense

Also Iron Man 3 was the best of the trilogy. All I wanted was to see Iron Man fly around and do cool things with his suits and see Tony being a dick to everyone and I got that
Not so much that people would like a video doc on dude's daily life instead of seeing him chase down missiles. Its the same shit that pissed me off in Skyfall too. I don't like it and no one is going to talk me into liking it. IM3 was crap as an action movie too. When movies that don't try to be action movies have better action then maybe something is wrong. That entire ending fight sequence was poorly directed, nonsensically paced, overpriced garbage.

Glad to see Don had worked out for the role though. Looked good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Dkr was less about batman and more about gcpd. And because of it, that was the movies strongest points. The batman/Bruce Wayne parts were whack.

Im still not sure how i feel about new slaves. Gotta hear it again. I was gonna drink and listen to music. But i found scrubs on netflix. Omg i forgot how FINE carla is/was.

It was sure as shit better than 2, but that's not saying much.

3 was weird. You like that Iron Man is back, you're happy that it's not 2, but then you're stuck with what you got in 3. It feels better... I guess.

Satch, kind of like what I'm hearing... but should I be drinking a smirnoff ice while listening?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I think DY or someone here mentioned it, but Attack on Titan is the shit. o_o

I can't believe how far Kanye has gone with the whole God/Jesus act.

Yea. It's like he took that meme shit to a whole new level. He's become a parody of himself, and it's kinda the reason why a lot of people can't take him seriously when he's talking the slave/black power shit anymore.

You have great taste.

DominoKid

this new Kanye album is gonna bother the hell out of white people if these songs are anything to go by.

i found this funny though
iDon'tGiveAdam ‏@Carnegro 2m
Kanye dropping Black Skinhead and New Slaves in front of a mostly white audience on Malcolm X’s birthday. You can’t make this up.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
this new Kanye album is gonna bother the hell out of white people if these songs are anything to go by.

i found this funny though

Can't say he's not intelligent or talented when it comes to creating a buzz.

Fuck both of those songs. The beats are fuego tho. It's probably going to be his most divisive album yet.

DY_nasty

Attack on Titan has only had like.... maybe 20 full minutes of happiness.

Its pure fuckyou.

DominoKid

^ i dont have spotify either. i just download everything.

It'll bother the same people that his music normally bothers. Everyone else will rock that like, "Well he ain't talking about me."

true.

Its going to be even more funny when they become radio,club and house party tracks.

idk man, if i was white, i don't think i could listen to this shit. it just sounds so deliberately exclusionary. but yeah, nobody listens to lyrics so youre right. lemme go dive in this pool full of liquor real quick. brb.

harSon

Banned
I'm kind of into Attack on Titan but the writing is kind of all over the place. They're really bad about keeping a mood.

I do like the fact that it's pretty limited on filler. Most animes would have dragged what they've covered thus far for 20+ episodes (
the academy aspect alone could have been drug out
), so I do enjoy the fact that narrative is pretty fast paced and lean.

abuC

Yo I've never watched paid n full in its entirety but this scene had me dying. I still say this line from time to time. Wasn't wood Harris character shot in the head and he wanted out the game or some shit?

"You'll be aight"

Never seen kills season either

Haha, you need to watch Paid in Full, I watch it at least once a year. Almost every scene with Cam was hilarious, and yeah he got shot in the head and wanted out the game.

Watch Killa Season, it's so bad it's good the first 5 mins alone are cinematic masterpiece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhTIE1Crbo

State Property 1 and 2 were hilarious too.

Gorillaz

White people who care are calling Kanye on his bs. But frat bros are going to be killing this album, they don't give a fuck... it's funny to them.

And it should be.

idk man, if i was white, i don't think i could listen to this shit. it just sounds so deliberately exclusionary. but yeah, nobody listens to lyrics so youre right. lemme go dive in this pool full of liquor real quick. brb.
When I first heard Swimming Pools at house parties that shit kind of threw me off. Like I know it's still a banger and I was too gone to give a fuck but it just threw me off since it's basically the opposite of what people think it's about.

This new Ye album will probably probably be one of the most divided albums he's done from a cultural stand point. People will still support it just to make it look like they are down with whatever, Then there will be people who will probably listen to it and just pass it off quietly

Wynnebeck

Banned
I can't believe how far Kanye has gone with the whole God/Jesus act.

I don't want to sound like I'm projecting my views on anyone but I think his mom dying and him getting heavy involved with Jay-Z changed him. This dude went from Jesus Walks to Yeezus/I Am A God. I don't know what to think of this nigga anymore but Lord knows I'm praying for his crazy ass.

Gorillaz

I thought black people weren't in the illuminati?

For real tho I knew that as the turning point when she died. I've been saying for a min that Jay ain't exactly the role model he needed then or needs even today. His track record in musi and style kind of shows that.

^ Yeah but Kanye is a grown ass man. Jay shouldn't be able to influence him that much. And Yeezus knows he on some other shit right now. Still love him though, the boy is a genius.

I waited for Titan's anime adaption but after the first 2 episodes I said screw it and started the manga

Now I gotta wait monthly for each new issue, I need my fix :(

DominoKid

I thought black people weren't in the illuminati?

For real tho I knew that as the turning point when she died. I've been saying for a min that Jay ain't exactly the role model he needed then or needs even today. His track record in musi and style kind of shows that.

man i like new Yeezy way more than old Yeezy. old Yeezy was just a great rapper. new Yeezy is a great artist. ambitious as fuck and he actually pulls it off. he's going for one of those legend spots and he might just get there. i mean he did get dat 10.0 certified classic for MBDTF after all.

dont get me wrong i still bump his old stuff, but his mom's death turned him into a beast. that's a good thing. i don't think he would've lasted nearly as long otherwise.

Whether they are real or not, I knew something was up when this dude went from Jesus Walks to "No Church in the Wild". That song is on some other shit when you break down the lyrics.

maybe he finally came to terms w/ the fact that there's no god/jesus. i mean, those songs are what...8 years apart? you have to imagine his views/beliefs have evolved in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom