• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
This is going to open a whole can of worms but I don't understand how someone who doesn't consider herself black can be playing Nina Simone. She's the embodiment of black people issues in her era.

She's just an opportunist. When she was up and coming and starring within films where her skin color was at the center of the role, she was like “Yo soy una mujer negra.” (I am a black woman), but as soon as she 'made it,' she ditched her black ancestry and took the Vin Diesel route of self-identification. At least Vin Diesel remains quiet about it though, this girl keeps saying stupid shit after stupid shit. And for someone who's not black, she sure doesn't mind earning money for being the go to girl for black female roles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
From the Project Eternity thread
pe-cultures-1200x657.jpg

Afro is out there living it up.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I really don't want to live past 50
You say that now, and I understand the sentiment but I feel like once we get older we find more things to live for. Don't you want to enjoy your middle age when you have the maximum amount of knowledge and experience and possibly still decent physical health before your body starts to deteriorate?

Imm0rt4l

Simple answer, she's Dominica
Yep.

She's just an opportunist. When she was up and coming and starring within films where her skin color was at the center of the role, she was like “Yo soy una mujer negra.” (I am a black woman), but as soon as she 'made it,' she ditched her black ancestry and took the Vin Diesel route of self-identification. At least Vin Diesel remains quiet about it though, this girl keeps saying stupid shit after stupid shit. And for someone who's not black, she sure doesn't mind earning money for being the go to girl for black female roles.

Agreed . Some might think it ambition on her part, but she is absolutely an opportunist.

she bad doe

I really don't want to live past 50

At the rate you going, won't be a problem DY, lol. All dem baby daddy checks gon build up and crush ya

This arcade in the mall that's been there my whole life closed down. I just been thinking about how nothing lasts, and what a shame that is. Eventually, all ya'll mothafuckas gon be dead, and I'll never see or talk ya'll or anybody again. I won't even remember it, it'll just be...nothing. Fuck.

I just been thinking about how nothing lasts, and what a shame that is. Eventually, all ya'll mothafuckas gon be dead, and I'll never see or talk ya'll or anybody again. I won't even remember it, it'll just be...nothing. Fuck.

You sound like someone just pulled off a choke slam from hell on your ass.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Existential crisis from the closing of an arcade. I can actually relate. Seems like those moments sneak up on you in the most unexpected ways.

HomShaBom

Banned
I'm late but I had this done on me when I was like 13-14ish. Shit fucked my back/spine up for days, had to go to hospital. Luckily it healed up.
6bP3sxJ.jpg

No shame, fuck yall.

I'd fuck around and buy red cameras with straight cash.

I saw Steven Soderbergh do that shit. He walked up to a booth at this convention and asked them how man Reds did they have on hand. Dude said two or three so SS pulled out a shit load of cash and asked how much they were. Walked out with two of them because one of them wasn't a full kit.

akira28

I'm late but I had this done on me when I was like 13-14ish. Shit fucked my back/spine up for days, had to go to hospital. Luckily it healed up.

No shame, fuck yall.

Yeah, kids wrasslin kids is a dangerous thing, like that boy killing his younger sister. And they wanted to throw the book at him, when I know little dude was just trying to be like the guys on tv.

At the rate you going, won't be a problem DY, lol. All dem baby daddy checks gon build up and crush ya

This arcade in the mall that's been there my whole life closed down. I just been thinking about how nothing lasts, and what a shame that is. Eventually, all ya'll mothafuckas gon be dead, and I'll never see or talk ya'll or anybody again. I won't even remember it, it'll just be...nothing. Fuck.

that ain't how it works though... he's gonna live the longest and the kids still alive for the funeral will all speak kindly of the few fond moments they remember.

Sugar grits are a warm gooey fountain of youth so I'm gonna live 4eva

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I saw Steven Soderbergh do that shit. He walked up to a booth at this convention and asked them how man Reds did they have on hand. Dude said two or three so SS pulled out a shit load of cash and asked how much they were. Walked out with two of them because one of them wasn't a full kit.

Geeze. Balling hard as hell. Spending that Ocean's Eleven / Magic Mike money.

I think I'm going to trade in Dark Souls today.

I just...I can't do it anymore. There doesn't seem to be five minutes that go by without me wanting to find out the most basic of things via a FAQ and the vast majority of the time I don't know where I'm going, if I'm under or overleveled, etc.

Damn

harSon

Banned
I've been meaning to ask about that too, is it just a hype thing for the next Xbox reveal on Tuesday?

I'm pretty hyped for the Xbox reveal. More for the potential Media/DVR capabilities than the games itself considering I can't seem to muster the drive to play more then a game or two a year Lol.

I'm pretty hyped for the Xbox reveal. More for the potential Media/DVR capabilities than the games itself considering I can't seem to muster the drive to play more then a game or two a year Lol.

I don't know why people are like "lol fuck apps and services". When I go to my girls apartment who doesn't have even so much as Roku I'm thinking, how da fuck do people access shit without a console? There'd be a dedicated Blu-ray device, some music streaming device, a roku or Netflix box...fuck outta here with all that shit.

I'm very much interested in booting up an xbox 2 , jumping on the couch and saying "nigga turn on dat Netflix"

harSon

Banned
I don't know why people are like "lol fuck apps and services". When I go to my girls apartment who doesn't have even so much as Roku I'm thinking, how da fuck do people access shit without a console? There'd be a dedicated Blu-ray device, some music streaming device, a roku or Netflix box...fuck outta here with all that shit.

I'm very much interested in booting up an xbox 2 , jumping on the couch and saying "nigga turn on dat Netflix"

For reals though. I use Netflix, Amazon Prime, NFL Sunday Ticket (my dad has a subscription and I leech off it) and HBO GO all the fucking time. I built an HTPC over the summer, and pretty much use it daily. My parents have DirecTV with all of the premium channels, so if Microsoft could add Apps like MaxGo, StarzPlay, Showtime Anytime, etc. to their next console, I'd be in fucking heaven considering I wouldn't have to pay for shit once I move out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm only hyped about the new xbox reveal to know of more next gen games that will probably be multiplat.

Show me that Dead Rising.

I have finals this week but after the 24th my schedule is wide open for recording the podcast.

mon-fri 5pm to 10pm and anytime sat/sun
Good shit. Tues and Weds all day available.

I think I'm going to trade in Dark Souls today.

I just...I can't do it anymore. There doesn't seem to be five minutes that go by without me wanting to find out the most basic of things via a FAQ and the vast majority of the time I don't know where I'm going, if I'm under or overleveled, etc.

Damn

There is that Dark Souls wiki out there that's damn solid. And its always best to assume that you are underleveled always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom