• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaming side is fun because of the couple OTs of whatever game you like and the occasional nigribounce.gif. I don't see why anyone would go to the console war threads.

Imm0rt4l

I remember the beginning of the current gen was pretty ugly in gamin side. SDF, Xbots, nintendrones. It's been much tamer in recent years, but it'll probably go right back to the way it was. The exception is it might be easy to shit on wiiu and vita.

Gorillaz

The best part of console war threads is trying to differ the ones who will truly follow a company to the end of the earth and the ones who are paid by those companies to go on forums like GAF and put up an act.

abuC

Cloving got perma'd. RIP in peace.

fH48sE4.gif

That's why all I do in comics threads is post panels and make bad jokes. Comic and comic related threads on Gaf are pretty shit save the odd gem.

I find the Comic-GAF thread are most relaxed in terms of banning.

you can spout opinion as fact and none to many give a shit.

It suits me fine, I like comics.

EDIT: Supposedly it's a perma, Byakuya.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
His leash was shortened and he being watched already.. needless to say, his former tag said it all.
Are you confusing PhoenixDark with Cloving? PD got banned a few days earlier, Cloving just now was banned for posting that gif.

Haha, I would love to see the look on both their faces to know they got mistook for each other. They were mortal enemies.

ReiGun

Damn we lost PD too?

I find the Comic-GAF thread are most relaxed in terms of banning.

you can spout opinion as fact and none to many give a shit.

It suits me fine, I like comics.

EDIT: Supposedly it's a perma, Byakuya.

When everyone is just chilling, talking about comics, it's cool. I love those threads.

When people start with that "This is why I don't read DC/Marvel/American/Whatever" or get into some big argument about why such and such character sucks/doesn't suck (like that Superman thread) it's shit.

We get more of the latter than the former, sadly. :(

I'm late to the party on this, but FUCK ZOE SALDANA. Not for her "I don't see color" shit. Just for spitting on Nina Simone's grave and grabbing a role from some talented actress and/or singer who looks more like Nina Simone. I let her slide for playing Uhura because that's /fiction/; her Uhura was an alternate universe version of the one played by the darker Nichelle Nichols.

But Nina Simone? As already stated, much of her work has meaning /because/ of her color, her size, her race, etc. And to have Saldana go brown face to attempt to come close to Simone's features? Ugh.

harSon

Banned
I'm late to the party on this, but FUCK ZOE SALDANA. Not for her "I don't see color" shit. Just for spitting on Nina Simone's grave and grabbing a role from some talented actress and/or singer who looks more like Nina Simone. I let her slide for playing Uhura because that's /fiction/; her Uhura was an alternate universe version of the one played by the darker Nichelle Nichols.

But Nina Simone? As already stated, much of her work has meaning /because/ of her color, her size, her race, etc. And to have Saldana go brown face to attempt to come close to Simone's features? Ugh.

I never really disliked her until that "I'm successful, so struggling black women are just lazy. We got a black president ya'll, inequality is over!" bullshit she was parading last year.

I never paid attention to Zoe enough to put this all together. I was annoyed at her in brown face, annoyed at her reaction to the blowback on that, left scratching my head at her colorblind riff, and now I'm sitting here thinking on it all at the same time. Yeah, fuck her.

nnnnn the random dragging

???

Are you confusing PhoenixDark with Cloving? PD got banned a few days earlier, Cloving just now was banned for posting that gif.

Haha, I would love to see the look on both their faces to know they got mistook for each other. They were mortal enemies.

Entirely. I thought he was talking about Cloving.. I should've read into it more.

but now that PhoenixDark( aka PhoenixPause.. name changing these days) is banned for now too?

fuck.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Entirely. I thought he was talking about Cloving.. I should've read into it more. but now that PhoenixDark( aka PhoenixPause.. name changing these days) is banned for now too?

fuck.
I don't even know what PD was banned for. Being smug? Hopefully his isn't permanent. I feel like Cloving kind of got what was coming to him. Still, keep your head down if you're going into gaming side. It's piru street over there.

Imm0rt4l

Yo I've never watched paid n full in its entirety but this scene had me dying. I still say this line from time to time. Wasn't wood Harris character shot in the head and he wanted out the game or some shit?

"You'll be aight"

Never seen kills season either

Kreed

I refuse to believe PD got a permaban. Unless it's the same as ViewtifulJC's "permaban".

That's the only issue I have with Zoe. The other stuff brought up in this thread, including her opinions on ethnicity, aren't major issues to me as it's just her opinions whether I agree with them or not (How can you recognize women vs men's issues and not ethnic ones in the same damn statement?). But then you combine that with the fact that she's starring in a film about a woman who dealt with issues because of her ethnicity and it gets more ridiculous. And then to make it worse she dresses up as her using the same tools as minstrel shows? Fuck outta here.

Simple answer, she's Dominican, there's a lot of self hate going on down on the Islands and in South America in general.

Check out the PBS special Black In Latin America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RlG4b3LV9o

People that are obviously black don't want to identify with it down there. My family does, my father speaks spanish and looks like a much darker Neil DeGrasse Tyson, he identifies with being black first, latino second.

Thanks for posting this earlier. I'd only seen the Cuba and Brazil episodes.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Off-topic for a second but has anyone noticed most of you fools up in here have tags? I never realized that until this mess went down with Cloving and PD.

I know that recent Superman thread was testing your patience, lol

I was just confused why it even needed to exist. Everyone was just arguing in circles. lol

I read 2 pages of that and decided that I aint touching it and putting 2 cents anywhere near that one.

And Zoe comments are a disappointment. She could easily catapult someone else up with her but its almost as if folks get to a certain echelon and then they just forget and say fuck everybody else. Theres no paving the way anymore. Because once they walk that path of broken dreams and shards of spite to stardom they throw fucked up spikes on the path for the next one.

DominoKid

late but damn RIP Cloving. going too hard in the paint on nintendo stans isnt cool i guess. i enjoyed his brand of mad-making.

but yeah in general i try to avoid arguments just because that shit is time consuming.

Off-topic for a second but has anyone noticed most of you fools up in here have tags? I never realized that until this mess went down with Cloving and PD.

yeah i still don't know wtf my tag is for.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

You gotta take a beating. It's the only way

edit: RIP Cloving. Gaming is a landmine b

I don't know why people are like "lol fuck apps and services". When I go to my girls apartment who doesn't have even so much as Roku I'm thinking, how da fuck do people access shit without a console? There'd be a dedicated Blu-ray device, some music streaming device, a roku or Netflix box...fuck outta here with all that shit.

I'm very much interested in booting up an xbox 2 , jumping on the couch and saying "nigga turn on dat Netflix"

my TV has Netflix and Youtube, it even plays more file formats from USB than 360 and PS3!

other than ESPN 360, i haven't used those for media in a while.

I don't listen to a lot of music(not like I used to, that is), but I always make exceptions for new Kanye West albums. Can't believe my dude callin' his album Yeezus, lol

Day 1, tho

i know some people on the OT say PhoneOS GAF is worse than GamingFanboy GAF but

Find its best to buy all the systems then just buy the games you actually want instead of buying one system and trying to buy many games to justify it.

but I'm weird and don't spend money on other hobbies.

my method is if i really want to play a certain game, i buy a system that can play it.

DominoKid

I don't listen to a lot of music(not like I used to, that is), but I always make exceptions for new Kanye West albums. Can't believe my dude callin' his album Yeezus, lol

Day 1, tho

makes sense really since the fans already call him Yeezus, jokingly of course but now it's legit!

sn: i will never get used to this PC -HDMI- TV life. but i gotta watch the playoffs somehow (streams ftw). this shit is like high-tech struggle.

Nakazato

makes sense really since the fans already call him Yeezus, jokingly of course but now it's legit!

sn: i will never get used to this PC -HDMI- TV life. but i gotta watch the playoffs somehow (streams ftw). this shit is like high-tech struggle.
Espn dont stream em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom