• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Job-searching can be a bit soul-crushing. But when you land a good job it's all worth it. Just gotta put your head down and push through it.

Man I have no motivation to do shit right now. Idleness is incredibly detrimental to my work ethic.

I'm back at home living in a shitty city w/ boring people that can't picture a life outside of the city limits. The bar scene is nonexistent. The girls are all in high school. The college here doesn't really have a big summer session so all my friends here are gone. I'm at least 30 mins from anybody I'd like to hang out with so everything requires a bit of advance planning. I miss my friends (at school, at home and in my hometown) and I'm BORED AS FUCK. I've become a bit of a Snapchat addict because it's my friend circle's favorite way to contact each other right now. And it can be pretty damn funny.

I should be looking for a job, and yet I feel no inspiration to for more than like an hour a day. The highlight of my day is learning how to cook dope shit, because lord knows my mom can't. That and working out.

I would just pack my shit up and go back to school, despite how much I hate it, since I have 2 more months on my lease up there, but being around campus is hazardous to my bank account.

And the voice in the back of my head is screaming "Fuck all the bullshit. Go join the Air Force or something."

I don't know what to do with myself.

And I still haven't gotten anything for graduation or my birthday. </saltiness>

fuck it, just quit and sell weed.

And the voice in the back of my head is screaming "Fuck all the bullshit. Go join the Air Force or something."

I don't know what to do with myself.

And I still haven't gotten anything for graduation or my birthday. </saltiness>

pretty much what my friend did

Seems to be working out okay for him.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Not unless it actually makes me money.

Target has the basic Wii U now on sale for like $220 AKA the same as a 3DS XL + Mario Kart 7.

Nowhere near a tough choice.

Could care less about the touchscreen, the thing is a 360/Ps3 to me in terms of value, perhaps even worse due to the third party support and lack of taking online seriously.

180 at the very most.

To actually get me excited? 150 with a Wonderful 101 pack in.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I know Papa John's owner is an asshole and it ain't the best but it's 50% off.

Lil Caesar's is cardboard with tomato paste. Let's not get carried away.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560166

tumblr_m4bu3qfgcK1qlzd32o1_500.gif

It's not a matter of price, it's a matter of library size.

10 games I really want and I'm in.

Monster Hunter counts as one.

Thats part of the equation for me. I wouldn't pay 50$ for a WiiU today but if there were 5 or 6 really good games available, I'd drop 250$. Luckily by the time there are 5 or 6 games that interest me the WiiL could be a prize in a box of crackerjacks.

ReiGun

I need to get the fuck out of Baltimore or something. I just need something new going on. Something I can actually get excited about. Ever since I graduated, it's been a struggle just to get up everyday. I've totally become the stereotypical Gaffer (sitting around, refreshing the forum cause I don't have shit else going on) and it fucking sucks. Can't find the motivation to do anything. My friends act like they don't even fuck with me anymore; I don't contact them, I don't hear from them. I gotta find something else, yo.

More on topic: My Wii U price is like $200. But then, that's my price for every console.

Well Life Just Got CRAZY.

GF has Multiple interviews.... In LA... Looks like Im going sooner than I thought

Good luck, hope she gets something that keeps her so busy she forgets about wanting kids.

I need to get the fuck out of Baltimore or something. I just need something new going on. Something I can actually get excited about. Ever since I graduated, it's been a struggle just to get up everyday. I've totally become the stereotypical Gaffer (sitting around, refreshing the forum cause I don't have shit else going on) and it fucking sucks. Can't find the motivation to do anything. My friends act like they don't even fuck with me anymore; I don't contact them, I don't hear from them. I gotta something else, yo.

More on topic: My Wii U price is like $200. But then, that's my price for every console.

Damn, you and Domino make graduating sound shitty.

DominoKid

well i'm pretty sure i just witnessed a carjacking, leading to a valiant attempt to thwart said carjacking. some dude sprinted from out of nowhere, jumped on the side of the SUV like some Die Hard shit as they sped off. i couldnt believe my eyes. he held on a bit until they whipped around a corner and threw his ass halfway across the road. and then there was probably a wreck a block later because when i came out of Home Depot there were a zillion cops in the intersection. i wish i caught that shit on video because it's the weirdest thing i've seen in a while, which is saying something because every time i'm home i see weird shit like this.

At what price would non-WiiL owning members of BCT buy a WiiL?

Free. And only to play Mario Kart. I've lived w/o Nintendo consoles since the SNES -> now. so why change? I let my friends take the L of buying a Nintendo console and I reap the benefits of playing it.

I need to get the fuck out of Baltimore or something. I just need something new going on. Something I can actually get excited about. Ever since I graduated, it's been a struggle just to get up everyday. I've totally become the stereotypical Gaffer (sitting around, refreshing the forum cause I don't have shit else going on) and it fucking sucks. Can't find the motivation to do anything. My friends act like they don't even fuck with me anymore; I don't contact them, I don't hear from them. I gotta something else, yo.

exactly. that's exactly how i feel. i woke up today at like 11, sat up for like 5 minutes, realized i didnt have shit to do and went back to sleep for 2 more hours. at least youre in Baltimore though. i'm in fucking High Point, NC. we dont have shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. except for ratchet stuff like what i posted above.

Damn, you and Domino make graduating sound shitty.

Driving around today, I realize that my problem is that my world feels small again and it's inhabited w/ people that are completely cool with that. I feel really constricted because I have a ton of energy w/ no outlet.

Nakazato

When I am back in town let's meet up and drink. We can talk about how good the Niners are going to be this year.

sounds good we can talk about how my coach is better than yours

Good luck with that. Are ya'll moving down or just staying in town for the interviews?

Going to stay. Seems like she'll get one of the three jobs so im hopeful

@morris shes no longer worried about that lol lucky for me we have this to stress us out now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom