• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
iCEfiaMTamcy2.gif

A legdrop AND a jumpkick, goddamn

Vince McMahon, holla at ya boy

That's a Wolf Hawkfield move right there

Forgot to post what happened Saturday night at work

Around 4AM a guy walks in, grabs a cart, and goes about his business. After a few minutes he goes to a rack of candy and starts to pick up boxes full of 100 Grand bars, Whatchamacallits, Snickers, etc. He doesn't seem drunk or anything, but I'm curious why hes picking up all this candy.

Me: "Sir, are you alright?"
Him: "Yeah just need some candy"
Me: "Alright, I'll be right here if you need any help"

After 5 minutes he's picked up all the candy from the rack and dumped it into the cart. Then he sees our Trading card rack and picks up all of that. I call up my coworker and manager to the front because either this guy is out of his mind or he's about to try some shady shit. He comes up to my register and says "I WANT TO BUY ALL OF THIS, WHEN I GET TO A TOTAL OF $75 LET ME KNOW"

He starts to stack up candy on certain parts of the table. He wants to have some candy in bags, some in his pocket, and some in his hand. I get to $75, he pays in debit and gets $100 cash back. Repeat another 4 times. Were halfway through the cart when he sees we have Texas Instrument calculators on sale. He says "HOLD THAT FOR ME I'LL BE RIGHT BACK JUST NEED SOME FRESH AIR"

He walks out and leaves his bags. My manager says since he's paying with debit its fine. After a few minutes, 2 older gentlemen walk in and the guy is crouched behind them walking slowly like hes on the prowl. One of them turns around and yells out "IF YOU DON'T GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME I'LL HIT YOU IN THE GOD DAMN HEAD"

He backs off and then stands still for a moment. At that moment a Phil Collins song comes on over the speakers and he starts to break down crying. My manager approaches him and asks if he needs to go to a hospital. His eyes get fucking huge and he just screams out "I NEED PHIL COLLINS TO COME HERE RIGHT NOW AND WRITE LYRICS ON MY BODY". My coworker goes to the store phone and calls 911.

5 minutes later a cop comes in and sits him down. He starts talking to the cop and apparently he smoked some K2 an hour earlier. He left in an ambulance but apparently he wanted to go to the police station instead.

What a night

EDIT: Oh and I had to put back half of the shit he didn't buy, that asshole

Slayven

Forgot to post what happened Saturday night at work

Around 4AM a guy walks in, grabs a cart, and goes about his business. After a few minutes he goes to a rack of candy and starts to pick up boxes full of 100 Grand bars, Whatchamacallits, Snickers, etc. He doesn't seem drunk or anything, but I'm curious why hes picking up all this candy.

Me: "Sir, are you alright?"
Him: "Yeah just need some candy"
Me: "Alright, I'll be right here if you need any help"

After 5 minutes he's picked up all the candy from the rack and dumped it into the cart. Then he sees our Trading card rack and picks up all of that. I call up my coworker and manager to the front because either this guy is out of his mind or he's about to try some shady shit. He comes up to my register and says "I WANT TO BUY ALL OF THIS, WHEN I GET TO A TOTAL OF $75 LET ME KNOW"

He starts to stack up candy on certain parts of the table. He wants to have some candy in bags, some in his pocket, and some in his hand. I get to $75, he pays in debit and gets $100 cash back. Repeat another 4 times. Were halfway through the cart when he sees we have Texas Instrument calculators on sale. He says "HOLD THAT FOR ME I'LL BE RIGHT BACK JUST NEED SOME FRESH AIR"

He walks out and leaves his bags. My manager says since he's paying with debit its fine. After a few minutes, 2 older gentlemen walk in and the guy is crouched behind them walking slowly like hes on the prowl. One of them turns around and yells out "IF YOU DON'T GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME I'LL HIT YOU IN THE GOD DAMN HEAD"

He backs off and then stands still for a moment. At that moment a Phil Collins song comes on over the speakers and he starts to break down crying. My manager approaches him and asks if he needs to go to a hospital. His eyes get fucking huge and he just screams out "I NEED PHIL COLLINS TO COME HERE RIGHT NOW AND WRITE LYRICS ON MY BODY". My coworker goes to the store phone and calls 911.

5 minutes later a cop comes in and sits him down. He starts talking to the cop and apparently he smoked some K2 an hour earlier. He left in an ambulance but apparently he wanted to go to the police station instead.

What a night

EDIT: Oh and I had to put back half of the shit he didn't buy, that asshole

K2? Is that some new crack?I don't blame gas stations that lockup and make you pay by window. I would do that 24 hours a day.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think I'm automatically attracted to women that are in better shape than I am.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Homegirl leading the run today looked like Dee from Battlestar Gallactica.

I'm just a man.

I think I'm automatically attracted to women that are in better shape than I am.

I've been on the "can she choke me to death with those legs" wagon for a little while now.

Ran in a 5k on Saturday and the amount of quality, fit booties were available to follow no matter what pace you went.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"I WANT TO BUY ALL OF THIS, WHEN I GET TO A TOTAL OF $75 LET ME KNOW"

"HOLD THAT FOR ME I'LL BE RIGHT BACK JUST NEED SOME FRESH AIR"

"IF YOU DON'T GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME I'LL HIT YOU IN THE GOD DAMN HEAD"

"I NEED PHIL COLLINS TO COME HERE RIGHT NOW AND WRITE LYRICS ON MY BODY"
Wow. Lmao at the phil colllins bit. What a crazy motherfucker.

K2 is no joke though. People smoke it to get around parole and shit but every single story I have heard about it is really awful. You get a super strong high straight away but it really fries your brain. One of my friend's boyfriend got on it to still get high and avoid parole violation. He was always pretty mellow but dude got in these fits of rage after smoking that were terrible.

Don't fuck with synthetic drugs ya'll.

Slayven

Wow. Lmao at the phil colllins bit. What a crazy motherfucker.

K2 is no joke though. People smoke it to get around parole and shit but every single story I have heard about it is really awful. You get a super strong high straight away but it really fries your brain. On of my friend's boyfriend got on it to still get high and avoid parole violation. He was always pretty mellow but dude got in these fits of rage after smoking that were terrible.

Don't fuck with synthetic drugs ya'll.

Cause weed if from the earth.

I see some good deals on Craigslist. But I am scared of being stuffed in an oil drum fucking with some cat.

My new thing now is to just shoot me an upside down picture of the thing working. After that just meet me somewhere in public.

I've rarely bought things off of CL that ended up shitting the bed down the road. Either its fucked from day 1 or its good.

And meeting in public severely limits the chance of insanity.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I spent a ton of time this past weekend watching and reading about the old television show Unsolved Mysteries.

cast.jpg

The paranormal/UFO episodes were always dumb but I remember being terrified as a kid watching the ones about missing people, murders/rapes and abductions.

I also realized this weekend they still scare the shit out of me. I think the combination of Robert Stack's narration and the dramatic music could make even a visit to the grocery store terrifying.

Nakazato

I spent a ton of time this past weekend watching that old television show Unsolved Mysteries. The paranormal/UFO episodes were always dumb but I remember being terrified as a kid watching the ones about missing people, murders/rapes and abductions.

I also realized this weekend they still scare the shit out of me. I think the combination of Robert Stack's narration and the dramatic music could make a visit to the grocery store terrifying

lol

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
You know I really wish I could watch a youtube video without encountering some extremely racist comments. Shit is tiring.

YT comments are where intelligence goes to die. I remember when i used to upload regularly, and did a vlog once. The number of stupid and racist comments i had to delete and block blew my mind. It was my last vlog.

FyreWulff

I just went from "I'll hang around a bit in Omaha and help get some improvements for my mom's house and then go to Portland" to "holy fucking shit if I could just have a place automatically lined up in Portland and all I have to do is show up with first/last and deposit I'd fucking do it tomorrow" in about the span of 5 hours.

Gaming side just exploded because of that PS4 teaser video. Right on cue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjXU1anoC5Y

Did they do this video with Unreal engine? spent forever waiting for the bump maps and textures to load in

edit: from that thread

c4blMIX.gif

RedSwirl

i'm not the swiftest with the ladies, but i cant deal w/ this "men & women cant be friends" crap. i mean damn, are we not all people? is it not possible to build a relationship out common hobbies and interests? do women really think that all we want deep down is sex? do women really think that lowly of us? i feel objectified. reading that thread gave me a fucking headache.

Lemme just go ahead and try to encapsulate my whole opinion on this damn thing as succinctly as I can:

Ideally, both parties should be upfront with their feelings on this, but that is god damned difficult for some people. Some people just straight-up suck at communicating with other human beings, and that's probably the source of a shitload of relationship problems.

Wynnebeck

Banned
People are excited because it's the first glimpse we're seeing of the PS4 and it's only going to get worse since the rumor is that MS won't even be showing the box tomorrow either. Also, another Mission Impossible gif for ya:

i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

DominoKid

K2? Is that some new crack?I don't blame gas stations that lockup and make you pay by window. I would do that 24 hours a day.

Synthetic weed apparently

That K2 is real out here. Them boys back home call it spice. It has killed one dude that I know of, that's what folks are spreading anyway.

K2 is that bullshit. Smoked it once w/ some buddies who couldnt smoke weed just to see what it's like. The problem was I smoked it like weed but the high takes a bit longer to run up on you. When it was coming on, I knew something wasn't right because I felt awful. Then the entire upper half of my body shut down and hunched over like a malfunctioning robot. My friends said I was bent over for a good 10 seconds and then I popped back up like I came out of the baptizing water. I'm good on that. I'll just stick w/ weed. I've never had a bad experience w/ weed.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sinbad is broke again. The saddest part?

But the bright side, he's still got some possessions -- a 2007 BMW 750i, a 2006 VW Beetle, a 2010 Ford F150, a 2010 Lincoln Navigator, $5,000 in home office equipment ... and 200 copies of "Sinbad's Guide to Life" currently for sale on Amazon for $6.25 each.

DominoKid

Man I have no motivation to do shit right now. Idleness is incredibly detrimental to my work ethic.

I'm back at home living in a shitty city w/ boring people that can't picture a life outside of the city limits. The bar scene is nonexistent. The girls are all in high school. The college here doesn't really have a big summer session so all my friends here are gone. I'm at least 30 mins from anybody I'd like to hang out with so everything requires a bit of advance planning. I miss my friends (at school, at home and in my hometown) and I'm BORED AS FUCK. I've become a bit of a Snapchat addict because it's my friend circle's favorite way to contact each other right now. And it can be pretty damn funny.

I should be looking for a job, and yet I feel no inspiration to for more than like an hour a day. The highlight of my day is learning how to cook dope shit, because lord knows my mom can't. That and working out.

I would just pack my shit up and go back to school, despite how much I hate it, since I have 2 more months on my lease up there, but being around campus is hazardous to my bank account.

And the voice in the back of my head is screaming "Fuck all the bullshit. Go join the Air Force or something."

I don't know what to do with myself.

And I still haven't gotten anything for graduation or my birthday. </saltiness>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom