• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Having going to school in Louisiana (Xavier Univ. represent!) I've seen the results of Everclear and 151 can do the undergraduate student:

• one of my boys falling asleep under a car
  • carrying another up the stairs during Mardi Gras
  • making sure one doesn't swallow his fucking tongue

it's no joke

harSon

Banned
151 proof what

i dont know anything about alcohol

i want to try it

151 ain't so bad. Unless you're taking straight shots of it, then your throats going to be RAW as fuckkkkkkkkkkkk for daysssss after about 3-4. Only alcohol I can't do is Tequila. The smell alone makes me want to vomit. I got battered housewife syndrome wit that shit. It does me dirty, I take a break... but I always come back and it does me dirty again. It's been over a year since that shit has touched my lips.

I was a straight up alcoholic for about two years til I graduated. Was binge drinking at least 3-4 nights a week, and my tolerance was stupid high. Denzel knew what was up in Flight, cause its all about that screwdriver.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
satch

stick to mikes hard lemonade and wine coolers

they're the fedora dudes outside the bathroom of alcoholic beverages. those won't hurt you. ever.

151 ain't so bad. Unless you're taking straight shots of it, then your throats going to be RAW as fuckkkkkkkkkkkk for daysssss after about 3-4. Only alcohol I can't do is Tequila. The smell alone makes me want to vomit. I got battered housewife syndrome wit that shit. It does me dirty, I take a break... but I always come back and it does me dirty again. It's been over a year since that shit has touched my lips.

Ever try 1800? It's smoother than Patron. But I feel you one the smell, I've been handed one too many shitty tequilas for shots because that's what we do. "Ball out" and buy a round of shots of shit like Patron.

DominoKid

First bottle of liquor I ever brought with my own money.

230px-Old_Crow.JPG

You know topshelf liquor? This shit was on the floor under a layer of dust.

i did it like a true wannabe baller and got a bottle of Goose. then my boys chipped in and got a bottle of Ciroc and some Cuervo Especial. but this was last summer when i had money to blow.

At some hooka place in Vegas the dude setting things up kept taking swigs from a bottle he had. After 5 or so shots of grey goose I got chatty with him and he offered me the 151 he had been keeping to himself. He was Ex army basically an alcoholic now. After a few swigs of that my throat was fucked up. We got back to our room and I mixed patron with some coke cause I thought I was invincible and hit the roulette table.

If I hadn't stayed up and eased myself down I would have had a horrible time.

I wasn't hungover the next day, I was still drunk!

Slayven

I imagine a BCT club outing would probably make the national news.

Every witness interview would start with "We heard someone say ' I am not that NIGGA' and then the place erupted in chaos".

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
At some hooka place in Vegas the dude setting things up kept taking swigs from a bottle he had. After 5 or so shots of grey goose I got chatty with him and he offered me the 151 he had been keeping to himself. He was Ex army basically an alcoholic now. After a few swigs of that my throat was fucked up. We got back to our room and I mixed patron with some coke cause I thought I was invincible and hit the roulette table.

you woke up drunk?

cdyhybrid

Swigging from a bottle of 151 is too much for me. Not about that life.

DominoKid

I was a straight up alcoholic for about two years til I graduated. Was binge drinking at least 3-4 nights a week, and my tolerance was stupid high. Denzel knew what was up in Flight, cause its all about that screwdriver.

meh i cant even call that an alcoholic. that's normal college kid life. it made me cherish water though.

edit: there's a fucking flame arrester on 151. why the hell would you drink that straight out the bottle???

harSon

Banned
Ever try 1800? It's smoother than Patron. But I feel you one the smell, I've been handed one too many shitty tequilas for shots because that's what we do. "Ball out" and buy a round of shots of shit like Patron.

Yeah, I have. I didn't always hate Tequila. I used to LOVE it, but it's done me wrong so many times that my distaste for it is subconscious at this point. I can't even have a decently strong margarita without wanting to gag.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i've been drinking jose straight since i fucked up my knee in college

the only thing i swear to never touch again is everclear and any kind of moonshine

cdyhybrid

I onl;y drink that when I out with people. If you are doing that shit in the house or by yourself? You have given up on life.

I've been known to pick up a six pack or a bottle or something to just sip on if there wasn't anything going on Friday or Saturday night. Never finished either of them that night, luckily. Managed to resist the urge this past Friday, I was pretty proud of myself. But I was going into Safeway after work to pick up some stuff to make food and I had a few battles in my mind.

It does help that I'm just getting tired of being hungover. I don't even get hammered and I still feel like shit the next day now.

When weed goes retail in December I'm strongly contemplating switching my substance of choice full-time.

I can drink 151 straight up out of a shot glass, no chaser, but swigs straight out the damn bottle? lawd jesus.

Yeah, that was my limit too, but I usually had something to wash it down handy.

harSon

Banned
meh i cant even call that an alcoholic. that's normal college kid life. it made me cherish water though.

edit: there's a fucking flame arrester on 151. why the hell would you drink that straight out the bottle???

Yeah, it's pretty typical for a college student. I just lack restraint. I'm either sober or blacked the fuck out, and rarely do I end the night somewhere in between. Fortunately I typically don't do stupid shit when I'm fucked up (Fuck Nigerians though).

Slayven

I've been known to pick up a six pack or a bottle or something to just sip on if there wasn't anything going on Friday or Saturday night. Never finished either of them that night, luckily. Managed to resist the urge this past Friday, I was pretty proud of myself. But I was going into Safeway after work to pick up some stuff to make food and I had a few battles in my mind.

It does help that I'm just getting tired of being hungover. I don't even get hammered and I still feel like shit the next day now.

When weed goes retail in December I'm strongly contemplating switching my substance of choice full-time.

You don't sit around drinking 151 in your house? That is what I am talking about.

cdyhybrid

You don't sit around drinking 151 in your house? That is what I am talking about.

Oh yeah, it was never 151. Usually some decent whiskey or something. 151 was strictly reserved for my iron stomach/liver days in college.

This weekend is probably going to be bad, got three friends visiting from out of state.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I can't believe Everclear is still legal in Ga. You know that shit is fucked if it's banned in southern states

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i've been drinking jose straight since i fucked up my knee in college

the only thing i swear to never touch again is everclear and any kind of moonshine

i want to try moonshine and absinthe someday.

Happened to me fucking around with Tequila and 100 Proof Smirnoff. Like...how the fuck do you even wake up turned up, before you brush your teeth?

i cant fuck around like that. thats insanity

harSon

Banned
I'm pretty sure they're going to have to pump my stomach if I visit UC Santa Barbara again. I'm glad I turned down my acceptance there, cause I was most def going to A) Drop out B) Die of Alcohol Poisoning or C) Get arrested over some stupid shit. Place is fucking crazy. This shit went down when I visited for a block part/rager back in April: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcdkkjJnUtI

That's probably like the entire black population of the neighborhood in that video too. There's like two dozen black people total in SB hahaha

cdyhybrid

Yea but its Vegas, late to bed early to rise.

Man, I had quite a time in December when I went down for the UW bowl game. Drove 20 straight hours with the buddies from Seattle down I-5, through Sac and Fresno and Bakersfield and through the desert. First night there I black out thinking I was just tired from the trip and being weaksauce, come to find out I had like 5 more rounds after I thought we had finished drinking. I went from the second round of drinks in TAO at like midnight to waking up in the hotel room with a puddle of puke in the corner of the bed (not mine).

Also, these last few posts seriously have me feeling like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvg-ug9CvE

harSon

Banned
Maybe 2016 for the Olympics.

Ah, that should be dope too. I became good friends with a bunch of Brazilian exchange students in college, and a few of them are wealthy as fuck, so I'm going to be taking advantage of that free housing. It just seems like the perfect time to do something like this. I have no clue what my life will be like two years from now, so I may as well do it now while I still can.

Ah, that should be dope too. I became good friends with a bunch of Brazilian exchange students in college, and a few of them are wealthy as fuck, so I'm going to be taking advantage of that free housing. It just seems like the perfect time to do something like this. I have no clue what my life will be like two years from now, so I may as well do it now while I still can.

You must chronicle your Brazilian adventures when the time comes.

DominoKid

Any of ya'll hitting up Brazil next year for the World Cup?

unless i come into some money nope. sucks because i want to go to the World Cup bad. i love soccer. i was so salty when they gave 2018 to Russia and 2022 to fucking hot ass Qatar. that shit was so obviously rigged man.

those brazilian women tho. dat badonkadonk

cdyhybrid

I'd want to go for the World Cup or Olympics but I'm legit scared of being kidnapped by a drug cartel or some shit. Not that I'm a VIP or anything but I guess I'm just a bit paranoid.

cdyhybrid

man they aint kidnapping our black asses.

I'm not black though :p

Not fully white either, but still.

It's mostly because I'd want to get hammered and party my face off, but it can be a bit risky when you aren't familiar with the area :p I can just see myself getting drunk and then trying to stumble back to the hotel and ending up in the favela, haha.

Again, mostly just paranoia, I'm sure there won't be anything out of the ordinary going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom