• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

The Olympic Committee has been nervous since Brazil got the bid. Their security aren't exactly "top notch" and london had problems just trying to handle it.

The Olympic Committee has been nervous since Brazil got the bid. Their security aren't exactly "top notch" and london had problems just trying to handle it.

they probably even more nervous bout Russia with their neo nazi bullshit and Chechen issues. ive always wanted to go to Russia cause Moscow looks legit, but as a black person, seems like that area is a no-go-zone if you aint a VIP.

casmith07

Where you're from- Virginia
Where you live- Virginia
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- 75% Black, 25% French (Caucasian)
Do you know your roots- Slavery? :-\
Your Age- 27
Favorite musical genre- just about everything. I can listen to anything...depends on the mood. Favorite favorite would be dat jungle noise (hip hop)
Your profession/major/career interest- Lawyer
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic Christian? Is that a thing?
Hobbies- basketball (lol), flag football, softball, snowboarding, vidya, running

Wut up doooooe!? :)

Satch

Banned
Where you're from- Virginia
Where you live- Virginia
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- 75% Black, 25% French (Caucasian)
Do you know your roots- Slavery? :-\
Your Age- 27
Favorite musical genre- just about everything. I can listen to anything...depends on the mood. Favorite favorite would be dat jungle noise (hip hop)
Your profession/major/career interest- Lawyer
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic Christian? Is that a thing?
Hobbies- basketball (lol), flag football, softball, snowboarding, vidya, running

Wut up doooooe!? :)

do you like wonder woman

DominoKid

So a lot of folks have been taking issue w/ the comments Obama made at Morehouse's graduation this weekend. I can't really disagree w/ their point. If you want to be the President of America (not of Black America), then hold all of America accountable. Can't have it both ways.

How the Obama Administration Talks to Black America

excerpt

I think the stature of the Obama family -- the most visible black family in American history -- is a great blow in the war against racism. I am filled with pride whenever I see them: there is simply no other way to say that. I think Barack Obama, specifically, is a remarkable human being -- wise, self-aware, genuinely curious and patient. It takes a man of particular vision to know, as Obama did, that the country really was ready to send an African American to the White House.

But I also think that some day historians will pore over his many speeches to black audiences. They will see a president who sought to hold black people accountable for their communities, but was disdainful of those who looked at him and sought the same. They will match his rhetoric of individual responsibility, with the aggression the administration showed to bail out the banks, and the timidity they showed in addressing a foreclosure crisis which devastated black America (again.)They wil weigh the rhetoric against an administration whose efforts against housing segregation have been run of the mill. And they will match the talk of the importance of black fathers with the paradox of a president who smoked marijuana in his youth but continued a drug-war which daily wrecks the lives of black men and their families. In all of this, those historians will see a discomfiting pattern of convenient race-talk.

I think the president owes black people more than this. In the 2012 election, the black community voted at a higher rate than any other ethnic community in the country. Their vote went almost entirely to Barack Obama. They did this despite of an effort to keep them from voting, and they deserve more than a sermon. Perhaps they cannot practically receive targeted policy. But surely they have earned something more than targeted scorn.

Check out the whole thing if youre interested. I almost posted it OT side, but I don't feel like getting wrapped up in a huge discussion while i'm watching Attack on Titan, which has convinced me that there is no sunshine and I'm only on episode 3 so far.

qhxCUGg.jpg

My dinner for the evening my lady made me corn.

Quote that shit Rio.l

This one has a sneer I'm not too sure about.

I mean you gotta smash Wonder Woman but you have to take her on a date first.

I mean, she is an Amazonian, a Independent woman.

and the L of the Night goes to Riovane.
Hey did it from my phone don't know how big it is my bad. And I just spent the last 15 minutes catching up on 4 pages worth of shit. Damn I'm at work and y'all talking a storm.

To comment....

Satch go fuck with 151 if you want to. Its a rite of passage that only the strong survive. But with a pedigree of Smirnoff ice, you gonna be drunk dialing someone.

Parents divorcing sucks. My brother you are in my prayers.

I hope to god the bans come swift and justly. Hopefully we won't have casualties.

And while on patrol this evening I saved a turtle. And that fucker snapped at me. I named him Gamera.

And everyone talking bout boredom. I shampooed and steam cleaned the carpet in my whole house. Sanded down scratches in the molding and repaired them. Cleaned out my old car to give to moms. And got my swole on before I went to work. This is not including looking like a goddamn monchichi going to home depot because all six of my cats slept on pants that I wore to run errands. And I went to work.

And monchichis mean happiness. I'm gonna go drink now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hey did it from my phone don't know how big it is my bad. And I just spent the last 15 minutes catching up on 4 pages worth of shit. Damn I'm at work and y'all talking a storm.

To comment....

Satch go fuck with 151 if you want to. Its a rite of passage that only the strong survive. But with a pedigree of Smirnoff ice, you gonna be drunk dialing someone.

Parents divorcing sucks. My brother you are in my prayers.

I hope to god the bans come swift and justly. Hopefully we won't have casualties.

And while on patrol this evening I saved a turtle. And that fucker snapped at me. I named him Gamera.

And everyone talking bout boredom. I shampooed and steam cleaned the carpet in my whole house. Sanded down scratches in the molding and repaired them. Cleaned out my old car to give to moms. And got my swole on before I went to work. This is not including looking like a goddamn monchichi going to home depot because all six of my cats slept on pants that I wore to run errands. And I went to work.

And monchichis mean happiness. I'm gonna go drink now.

that was the name of my first turtle.

that was the name of my first turtle.

^Thats why we are boys and I would never suplex you.

Look guys I have the funniest 151 story but I have some movie watching to do. So tomorrow I am going to tell y'all about this one time in Germany where I woke up in a random person's bed clutching a basketball and wearing Tim's.

FreeMufasa

Next-gen FIFA boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm happy to cos I've got some free weights to work with at home now. Thought I wouldn't be able to do anything till July. Only 70kgs but I got a bar. Bench and 2 curls.

FyreWulff

If people want that. I'm probably going to sleep through it.

I'm gonna try. If I can make it through it I think I'll try to realign my sleeps by re-upping gold and farting around in Reach. I can only do that if someone isn't using their 360 though. My gaming time is going to bottom out these next couple of months. Especially since I'm still waiting on our E3 travel deets to solidify

trixx

OK this is getting quite annoying.

Why is it that every time I'm out somewhere and tell people that i don't drink they always ask the question "why don't you drink"? Or say "you don't drink?" With a confused expression.

I mean you never hear a smoker asking why someone doesn't smoke or even a non-drinker asking why someone drinks.

FyreWulff

Why is it that every time I'm out somewhere and tell people that i don't drink they always ask the question "why don't you drink"? Or say "you don't drink?" With a confused expression.

I mean you never hear a smoker asking why someone doesn't smoke or even a non-drinker asking why someone drinks.

I get that too, I just use the short "Because I don't" now because otherwise it ends up being 20 levels of questions.

just say "alcoholism runs in my family"

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Same here. I usually get the follow up "is it for religious reasons?"

Then they proceed to feel sorry for you for the rest of the night or whatever.

HomShaBom

Banned

I know that feel, plus I was in the Army, where you're expected to be a drunk.

ReiGun

Get it all the time, man. Usually when I tell people, they go "That's good" in the most insincere voice possible. Lol

its as if my job doesn't realize that leaving everything unblocked will actually result in increased production as I multitask.

otherwise I'm just going to be looking for backdoors with most of my time

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
151 proof what

i dont know anything about alcohol

i want to try it

Divide proof by 2. Gives you alcohol percentage by volume. In this case, it's rum that's 75.5% alcohol. Most rum is 40%.

There's another drink, Everclear, that's sold between 151 to 190 proof depending on where you live. You cannot get higher than 190 proof. It's not that they won't sell it to you... it's just that distilling cannot remove more water.

At those levels of alcohol content, you have to be careful of two things... 1) it will absolutely fuck you up, 2) it will catch on fire. The "good thing" is that Everclear is cheap as shit. So, if you ever want to have the cheapest, fastest drunk possible, it's the way to go if you don't need your voice for a few days, don't mind blackouts involving nudity, and if there are no open flames.

Note: my drunken states usually involve open flames and nudity. I also do not suggest attempting to take "ass shots" with 151, unless you would like to experience a blood transfusion.

Slayven

Divide proof by 2. Gives you alcohol percentage by volume. In this case, it's rum that's 75.5% alcohol. Most rum is 40%.

There's another drink, Everclear, that's sold between 151 to 190 proof depending on where you live. You cannot get higher than 190 proof. It's not that they won't sell it to you... it's just that distilling cannot remove more water.

At those levels of alcohol content, you have to be careful of two things... 1) it will absolutely fuck you up, 2) it will catch on fire. The "good thing" is that Everclear is cheap as shit. So, if you ever want to have the cheapest, fastest drunk possible, it's the way to go if you don't need your voice for a few days, don't mind blackouts involving nudity, and if there are no open flames.

Note: my drunken states usually involve open flames and nudity. I also do not suggest attempting to take "ass shots" with 151, unless you would like to experience a blood transfusion.

Alcohol blindness is a real threat at that level.

harSon

Banned

It's like black people without mustaches. You can't trust em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom