• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

I'm all for equal rights, but it's really disturbing that some people think you shouldn't be tried for a crime solely because of your orientation.

akira28

From the multiple partners thread, apparently Black people cheat more?
Is that true from ya'll experiences? Cause it ain't from mines.

That's a stereotype. I think cheating happens generally across the board, but black men get the stigma of being prone to infidelity and leaving women as unwed mothers. A cousin of an exgf married a black police officer, the one of the few blacks in that small town of theirs. So he ends up cheating with someone from around town, leaves his wife pregnant and with child. So at one of the family home revivals, I got to hear and see all that resentment, and just know there's a racial tinge to it. Because of course the family was against it in the first place, but the two went ahead and did it. And it ended badly, so they all get to put in their "I told ya so's". But then their other daughters kids were also dating black guys so...you just have to love the south.

Xbox One is exactly what I wanted from a living room device. Me and my girl are always raging over our standard comcast box sets and annoyed with switching between our box, getting to channels, using a laptop for skype, etc, so MS really exceeded my expectations as an all in one living room device.

The games didn't match Sony, but that clearly wasn't the point of the conference. Looking forward to seeing a games focused conference at E3.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So...if you buy used you have to pay a fee to play it? If I borrow a game I have to pay a fee to play it? All of this on top of paying for Live to use services that I already fucking pay for?

Lmao fuck outta here.

DominoKid

i saw nothing that would make me get the Xbox over the PS4. but they have my ears

So...if you buy used you have to pay a fee to play it? If I borrow a game I have to pay a fee to play it? All of this on top of paying for Live to use services that I already fucking pay for?

Lmao fuck outta here.

damn i missed that part! nah son.

Lmao fuck outta here.

No always online tho! Not sure if I'm interested in having a home console that charges me for renting or borrowing games. Redbox has been awesome to me this gen.

XenodudeX

Lmao fuck outta here.

Yeah this is pretty shitty. WiiU/PS4 it is. They have better games anyway.

lmao looks like a comcast cable box

you're SOL if you live outside the US, apparently

The FIFA shit was such a blatant "yo, Europe, it's ok we've got something for you too!". I dunno what the ultimate team exclusive ish is, but they were very careful with the wording.

For America though I thought it was a smart reveal. Can't see the PS4 winning there at all, but I was definitely stunned by that used game shit. Never believed the rumours, personally.

Fuck MS, I mostly buy used games and turn those used games in to get more used game. Last time I bought a brand new game was when Skyrim dropped. Looks like the PS4 will be my console of choice.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Fuck MS, I mostly buy used games and turn those used games in to get more used game. Last time I bought a brand new game was when Skyrim dropped. Looks like the PS4 will be my console of choice.

I'm hoping, hoping sony doesn't go the same route. now would be a good time to say 'hey, we won't do that', but uh, their silence isn't reassuring

I'm hoping, hoping sony doesn't go the same route. now would be a good time to say 'hey, we won't do that', but uh, their silence isn't reassuring

Their E3 conference would be a perfect time for that. " oh BTW, we're not bloodsucking cocks."

If they do charge like MS then they'd be about even to me as far as wanting to purchase one.

Gist of the reveal? I don't want to bother with gaming side.

You can watch tv on your xbox! was the big selling point.

Also, Call of Duty who doesn't look all that good!

Also, used games for a fee!

And you need online to install your game, which is mandatory!

And an additional fuck you if you're not American!

DominoKid

Their E3 conference would be a perfect time for that. " oh BTW, we're not bloodsucking cocks."

If they do charge like MS then they'd be about even to me as far as wanting to purchase one.

if sony does that shit too, this might be where i get off the ride of gaming. either that or the boxes better be EXTREMELY consumer friendly as far as price. i'm talking like 199.

sn: i just realized how much batman shit is on netflix. this will be incredibly detrimental to my willingness to get out of bed.

Xbox One is exactly what I wanted from a living room device. Me and my girl are always raging over our standard comcast box sets and annoyed with switching between our box, getting to channels, using a laptop for skype, etc, so MS really exceeded my expectations as an all in one living room device.

The games didn't match Sony, but that clearly wasn't the point of the conference. Looking forward to seeing a games focused conference at E3.

you need a compatible HDMI enabled cable box to use that feature.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Not gonna lie, the reveal was a lot better than i expected. In any case, looks like i'll grab both consoles, Xbox One at launch and ps4 a bit later.

Xbox One seems to be set top box I've always dreamed of. Seems games will be on the back burner. I know most games reveals will be saved for E3 but I have little to no expectations.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Gist of the reveal? I don't want to bother with gaming side.

they announced one game (that had a weird part FMV trailer with that CIA woman who used to be on Burn Notice), and then showed Call of Duty at the end

The UI is basically Xbox 360 having a baby with Windows 8, and it's good at multitasking.

Kinect in every box, system won't work without it

You PC gaming folks, is a radeon 7870 a good card? I stopped following video cards around the time 128 megs was highend.

I don't know, because you couldn't pay me to get an ATI card.

their driver situation is always fucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom