• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
....announcing dlc for Battlefield 4 even before info about the game itself is know. I mean, is it me or is that just insane?

I guess its because I'm 29 now, and my glory days are behind me, but that smells like hot ass. Gaming doesn't have a soul anymore. It's just a cash grab.

Nah that's exactly what it is.

Recon

Banned
....announcing dlc for Battlefield 4 even before info about the game itself is know. I mean, is it me or is that just insane?

I guess its because I'm 29 now, and my glory days are behind me, but that smells like hot ass. Gaming doesn't have a soul anymore. It's just a cash grab.

It was always a cash grab, they just got better at grabbing it.

Sony conference: "It's a video game console, that also does other stuff incidentally"

MS conference: "It's a mass media box, that also plays video games incidentally"

DominoKid

It was always a cash grab, they just got better at grabbing it.

yep. i NEVER thought that microtransaction shit would go over.
obviously people are in a damn hurry to give away all their money though.

occasionally i'll fork out for an extra game mode. like Legends Showcase in 2k12. that was fun. but it kills me that folks are willing to pay for extra costumes, shortcuts to juice stats (think EA Sports games) and shit like that.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

quDcVQU.png

that pre-announce DLC stuff is SOP now. after BF3 i'll buy it based on a vague description.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
They're basically doing the PC thing of "you have to be online to activate the game and then you have to pay for it again elsewhere," except without all of the other advantages of PC, and they're doing it to fight legal used games instead of illegal piracy.

Yep. Fuck this.

I don't have much of an option other than to deal with Adobe's bullshit. These dudes can miss me.

I wonder if they're going to even begin to approach Steam's regular sales...or even bother making the Netflix app not suck total ass.

edit: You have to connect once a day? lawd.

Haha oh shit the game done changed, how can anyone defend this shit? Last time i left a console on all day was back in the Genesis days. Me and my brother had made it to the final stage in Double Dragons vs Battletoads and we left it on all day while we sent to school so we wouldnt have to start over

have to connect every 24 hrs?

What happens when you have to deal with oh I don't know...work,school, family problems, power goes out, and etc.

I'm starting to suspect time will have them patch changes with this console

ReiGun

I'm only skimming the threads, but I can't even find anyone defending this shit. Just tears and lolz.

I almost want Sony to fuck up so we can get a "Batshit Insane Console Maker" hat trick.

I'm only skimming the threads, but I can't even find anyone defending this shit. Just tears and lolz.

I almost want Sony to fuck up so we can get a "Batshit Insane Console Maker" hat trick.

There are.

I cannot believe it, but there are. The only semi-logical explanation I can find is that they're somehow paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom