• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

I had to edit 1 more thing in, but yeah. You never know what kind of secrets the fam is hiding until a funeral. Thats when it all comes out.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Man i met another wing of my family that we basically excommunicated at the last family funeral i went to. If looks could kill...everybody kept it cordial though but i could tell something was off. Some bullshit about one of my mom's cousins is a child molester and his fam was in complete denial. So they just stopped associating with his fam. Funny thing is dude ended up being one of my sub teachers in high school a few years later. I didnt even remember he was family. I remember when he finally got arrested my senior year, my mom was horrified that he ever got to interact with me. He never tried anything but everybody at school always thought he was a bit off.

Holy shit!

Its not always fights, family drama always pops up when people who don't normally congregate get together.

True. Back to the uncles funeral again. My eldest uncle did his damndest to hold things together and went so far as to ask one of my aunts and cousins to sing at the funeral. Well as soon as things got under way the reverend who had a damn vendetta got his family to sing instead and people just started acting foolish. I just don't get it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I have never seen drama at a funeral, people are usually respectful. What kind of funerals do y'all attend???

at every funeral ive been to, there has always been drama to varying degrees, and i cant pretend im above it.

when my grandmother passed(fathers mother), i didnt go because her family (who ive known didnt care for me) didnt tell me about her passing until a few days before the funeral, and i had to hear it from my grandfather, who i had spoken to a total of 2 times. both over the phone. so instead of making a scene, i decided not to go, which i regret.

my other grandmothers wake almost ended with my mom and her sister going at it(they've never gotten along, and my aunt is..well another story for another day)

my grandfathers wake was the only one i actually had a hand in since i was with him in his final moments, and with his family calling hospital room to say that they wouldnt be able to make his wake(he wasnt even fucking dead yet.) so when those snake members of his family showed up after saying they werent despite us preparing everything, ill admit, i got unbelievably pissed.

Its not always fights, family drama always pops up when people who don't normally congregate get together.

pretty much this

I'll never understand the Zyzz phenomenon. Plenty of people who get great bods without all the shit he had in his system putting stress on his heart.

Imm0rt4l

I'll never understand the Zyzz phenomenon. Plenty of people who get great bods without all the shit he had in his system putting stress on his heart.

Zyzz is a glorified internet nerd, in his prime, he wasn't even that big, yet he was abusing so many compounds. I'm not really all that steroid savvy so when I see the dosages he was taking I have no real point of reference to say anything. But then you have these monstrous mother fuckers on other forums who say that they took at most half the dosages he was. The cult of zyzz is a very strange one, a glorified internet nerd whose been rejected by one too many girls goes over to the darkside of bodybuilding without first realizing his natural potential. He in turn becomes the biggest egomaniac to ever grace the bodybuilding scene and yet he's still manages to be very likable despite his douchebaginess. In my opinion there's really very little worthy of admiration from the guy except for the many memes that followed in his wake and some 'lulz' that were had I suppose, he was quite the personality. His physique was fucking Godlike though, but at the cost of shortening his life. Rather than having a bunch of kids look up to him, Zyzz's story should be seen as a cautionary tale.

Slayven

I wonder how folks lost their minds pre messageboard. On another board I was on a chick use to post nude pictures of herself, fanfics about her fucking Freeza, and talk about cuting herself while masterbating to dbz.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I wonder how folks lost their minds pre messageboard. On another board I was on a chick use to post nude pictures of herself, fanfics about her fucking Freeza, and talk about cuting herself while masterbating to dbz.

Wtf...

I'm all for expression, but some people need to step away from the monitor...

Zyzz the person was a cool dude, down to earth and always up for a laugh. The whole phenomena on the other hand I've never really got but whatever each to their own.

I don't know if I expressed before that my grandmother was in the hospital, but she died after two strokes and then finally an aneurism. We'll ( My family) will be having a funeral soon. :'(

That can only be life, B.. -_-'

my condolences to you and yours :(

Black Funerals, there is always something to varying degrees.

is that an American thing? cuz i've never seen any drama at any funerals, but all of the funerals i've been to were filled with mostly people from the Caribbean and 2nd/3rd gen descendants. the most drama i ever saw was an argument about people helping out in the kitchen the evening before the funeral and it wasn't even a loud one.

I'm at a Cambodian funeral service today for my gf's grandmother. A dude here is walking around in cargo pants and sandals..and he's a fucking adult. I'm way over dressed in general tho.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
When I kick the bucket I want whoevers left to have a damn party. Im talking full on New Orleans style walking through the streets. Acting a damn fool.

Do Whatcha Want
I want this playing. Love the song since I was a kid.

honestly thats what i want. then i want my ashes used to plant a tree or something

honestly thats what i want. then i want my ashes used to plant a tree or something

I remember I joked with my friends I would want them to use my ashes to grow a weed plant and smoke it lol. But yeah when I die I just want people to celebrate my life not mourn my death.

DominoKid

I missed bowling so much. Its way more fun now that I can drink too. Had a shitty first game (104), ordered a drink for a buzz and then I was good to go (160 ish avg the other 4 games). I'll have to do that more often.

Did someone say "Zyzz"?

It's more of a joke than anything really.

EDIT: My black score is -165.
Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

I love EmCee's white supremacy fan-fics.

I have never seen drama at a funeral, people are usually respectful. What kind of funerals do y'all attend???
My dad's dumbass wife created drama because my grandmother's funeral program had a picture of my family with her when my parents were still married. (She had bad dementia by the time my dad remarried this fool).

She then created some tail about my sister asking my 2 year old to come with her and take a picture with her REAL cousins. (Emphasis added and directed at my dad's wife and her grandson, not related to us in the slightest).

All this because she want getting attention from people I've known my entire life an who knew my mom for even more years.

So yeah.

What's good blackgaf I'm Drinkin beer and grilling some chicken

nTgtZRr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom