• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, it's not like Kingdom Heart was ever really that good. It just devolved further in it's own stupidity/japanese overly convoluted story topiness. KH is beyond fubar and if it were ever really worth a damn then Disney would probably do something with it. Square aint the same, and probably never will be. Such a poorly managed company. How do you fuck up such a simple concept in merging square characters and disney characters in a game, it doesn't need to be so fucking complicated.

I wouldn't put it past SE fucking up KH3

man i flat out refuse to dip into the ghetto that is handheld gaming to get my KH fix. S-E has been flat out stupid this gen. i hope they learned their lesson.

I made the mistake of getting Dream Drop Distance. Biggest mistake ever

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Meh, it's not like Kingdom Heart was ever really that good. It just devolved further in it's own stupidity/japanese overly convoluted story topiness. KH is beyond fubar and if it were ever really worth a damn then Disney would probably do something with it. Square aint the same, and probably never will be. Such a poorly managed company. How do you fuck up such a simple concept in merging square characters and disney characters in a game, it doesn't need to be so fucking complicated.

LAWD.gif

Gaming is on some different shit. Its like a bombed out and depleted battlefield. So many skirmishes but it looks like a storm is on the horizon. E3 is gonna be like fuckin D-Day. That needs to be Sunhilegends next gif.

That's kinda the appeal of gaming side.
I can't wait to see the meltdowns when Sony/Ms/Nintendo says shit.

I've started mirin Zyzz

See you on the otherside brehs

#partofthesolution

You cool in my book brah.
Now unban me from #keepinitreal!

Slayven

I don't understand why the Japanese don't get actual writers to write the plots for their very story driven games. I mean it seems like the reasonable thing to do.
From my years of consuming Japanese fiction, I can say they do beginnings and endings like no other. But that middle part? That is when they get in trouble. Unless they keep it light.

Somebody out there hates me, new work phone contracts kicked in this month and somw genius was smart enough to choose s3's for everyone, not really a problem if everybody here was tech savvy THEY'RE NOT! Theyre all coming from blackberries now I gotta teach these folks android :(

Slayven

Somebody out there hates me, new work phone contracts kicked in this month and somw genius was smart enough to choose s3's for everyone, not really a problem if everybody here was tech savvy THEY'RE NOT! Theyre all coming from blackberries now I gotta teach these folks android :(
You do IT?

You do IT?

I'm assuming he's just the "tech guy".
I couldn't be further removed from the IT-field, but I'm still the to-go "tech guy" when it comes to smart phones, PCs, etc.

Which makes it embarrassing when I have no idea how to transfer contacts/texts/downloaded apps from an iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4S.

DominoKid

Japanese story telling fucked up KH.

Indeed. That's what I love/hate about Japanese media. Especially the video games. The plots are just too large scale.

As a writer, I hate that I was so influenced by Japanese media growing up. It's really hard for me to not write with the tropes of JRPGs and anime/manga. The big problem that I realized is that it is INCREDIBLY easy to write yourself into a corner when you're following the "bigger plots, more powerful enemies, larger battles" shonen structure. I can't tell you how many times over the years where I've gotten deep into a story, read over it and realized I'd wrote myself into a corner that I couldn't write myself out of w/o some DEM or plot hax. Usually I just file it away for future reference.

In my closet I have a stack of about 12 3" binders of unfinished shit from about 6th-12th grade. All handwritten of course because I'm an idiot and didnt realize it'd be way easier to use a computer. The only reason my mom kept it during the move is on the off chance that one of those stories might be the story that makes me rich as hell. Of course that led to me plotting my stories out very carefully. I've got maybe a dozen stories w/ fully completed outlines that I've never bothered to actually write out fully. That's actually one of my goals while I'm unemployed is to finish writing one of them, and then see if I can get my buddy to do some art for it.

Ugh, why do I have to like indian and asian girls when it's clear they aren't into black guys...why?! They're always on some "We can be friends but I'd never date a black guy. My parents would blah blah blah" ish

It's a big shame, a tremendous detriment to the fluxability of the human gene pool.
That's the problem with a lot of conservative cultures.

I could feasibly get it together with a brown person on account of being brown, but I know that feel.

So some of my black law school friends had a "White Trash Bash" today.

How do I talk to them?

... and they posted the event on facebook....

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Ugh, why do I have to like indian and asian girls when it's clear they aren't into black guys...why?! They're always on some "We can be friends but I'd never date a black guy. My parents would blah blah blah" ish

Their's is an even more conservative culture than most black ones. Can be frustrating, but understandable, especially if they don't have a rebellious streak.

sup fam?

OxcC8fG.jpg

lFQW1in.jpg

N6Wa2S5.jpg

Kreed

smh @ bjb getting banned in the Serena Williams thread while I was responding to him for saying a negative comment towards the black community in his "NFL player says anti gay comments" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom