• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their's is an even more conservative culture than most black ones. Can be frustrating, but understandable, especially if they don't have a rebellious streak.

It's weird though. It's hard to know if these are feelings they personally have or if the grip of their parents is just so strong that they don't even consider their own thoughts on it

It's weird though. It's hard to know if these are feelings they personally have or if the grip of their parents is just so strong that they don't even consider their own thoughts on it

It's like that in really traditional/patriarchal cultures.
I know this pretty well from having such a cultural heritage, and my advice to any guy fancying or attempting to date a gal from such a culture is to give up unless she, and her family, is a lot more liberal/progressive than their peers.

DominoKid

Miguel says black people are too judgmental. Almost made an OT thread about it since everybody knows who he is after that leg drop.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-27-at-1.43.11-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2013-05-27-at-1.43.59-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2013-05-27-at-1.44.40-PM.png

DominoKid

i'm cracking off miguel having a perm (whatever the hell that thing is, it aint natural) talking about conditioning and programming though.

speaking of hair, i'm bout to get my Usher fauxhawk on for a while.

So kevincow is claiming he is committing suicide right now in the virgin thread. Clear example why I stay away from those advice threads.

wow. is it really that serious.

In other news today is my wife's B-day got her a Michael Kors bag, and a new bedroom set. Unfortunately the delivery guys broke the damn headboard during the setup. So we got this big ass king mattress and box spring with no headboard. Ah well. Shit happens. She loves the bag though.

Kreed

So kevincow is claiming he is committing suicide right now in the virgin thread. Clear example why I stay away from those dating advice threads.

Fixed. The other advice threads I see on GAF don't tend to be the train wrecks dating age threads always end up as.

I hope the mods/detective GAF can talk him out of it though.

wow. is it really that serious.

In other news today is my wife's B-day got her a Michael Kors bag, and a new bedroom set. Unfortunately the delivery guys broke the damn headboard during the setup. So we got this big ass king mattress and box spring with no headboard. Ah well. Shit happens. She loves the bag though.

Nice. Just means there won't be any headboard banging on the wall when she tells you "thank you."

ReiGun

Fixed. The other advice threads I see on GAF don't tend to be the train wrecks dating age threads always end up as.

I noticed that too. Advice threads for things like cooking or fitness or what have you tend to go smooth. Something about dating age turns people into assholes, though. lol

Recon

Banned
I noticed that too. Advice threads for things like cooking or fitness or what have you tend to go smooth. Something about dating age turns people into assholes, though. lol

Usually people in dating age threads are not well adjusted individuals. They dont take criticism well and then a strong personality, like Devo, drops truth bombs and they cant deal with it. Just what I have observed anyways.

It's because you got some people rolling up in there puffing their chests out about how they got their dick wet early.

ReiGun

Usually people in dating age threads are not well adjusted individuals. They dont take criticism well and then a strong personality, like Devo, drops truth bombs and they cant deal with it. Just what I have observed anyways.

It's because you got some people rolling up in there puffing their chests out about how they got their dick wet early.

I think you're both right. Some people don't take the advice in the threads very well, but then many of those giving it come across as arrogant dickheads.

They help some people - have helped me even - but I don't think the this forum will ever have the kind of environment to help a lot of the people on here. Too much clashing of personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom