• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
According to Yahoo, Minorities made up almost 70% of the Fast&Furious6 audience.

Dat cast.

It was a nice varied cast. I did find it funny that Luda became the "hacker" in the group. I just didnt know that was part of his character, thought he was just an awesome mechanic.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I'm happy he's ok and everything but shocked people are blaming me and devo for it. Especially with it involving kev cow.

No one's directly responsible for what KevinCow — or anyone else on this forum — does or says, offline or on.

However, you can contribute to someone doing something without wanting to push them, being blameable, being detectable, or any combination of the three. Just because someone does not directly cause something to happen does not absolve them of all blame if they contributed to it. "Blame," is subjective though;

I didn't think you set out to push KevinCow to commit suicide. The moment I saw that virgin thread title, I did think you were trying to poke fun at/shame virgins; none of the concerned tone of that post seemed genuine, especially when coupled with posts you've made in the past.

One of your posts in that "hitting on people," thread

A Virgin. I seriously think that's what people mean when they say "a girl in a bar isn't special" crazy.

EDIT: or a girl that hasn't fucked more than 3 guys. There's an idea on gaming boards that girls who go to bars have all been dicked down.

It's posts like this that suggest you have a grudge against nerds/socially awkward people for some reason. No one said anything like that in the thread. You replied to some notion that existed elsewhere. You either didn't see my post(s) that brought up the question about "meeting someone special," or you ignored the subsequent posts further explaining the question until I responded to you.

If someone who's a nerd/virgin/whatever and says something assholish that deserves hostility in response, then reply directly to them. Making vague, passive-aggressive sweeping statements meant to get at them ensures people you weren't targeting will get caught in the crossfire.

You might be trying humiliate/shame people or you might not; it can't be proven either way, not that that really matters. What does matter is that someone will always take a given post in the worst way possible and making a thread that at all has a tone suggesting being a virgin is inherently bad or pathetic is going to start some trouble. Again, I don't know whether that's your intention, but that's simply going to happen.

Making people ashamed for being/feeling a certain way — on purpose or otherwise — can contribute to situations like KevinCow almost committing suicide. Instead of focusing on exactly how you're not to blame, why not try change what you do? If I didn't hold a door open as I pass through it for a person who's been dealing with depression, letting it shut in their face and they take that as the final straw before offing themselves, do I tell myself "Well, it's not my responsibility to hold that door and I can't walk on eggshells all day 'cause I might make someone a bit more sad"? Or do I think "Damn, maybe I should hold doors for people?"

There's no inherently right answer; if you want to take the route of "not my business/problem/Etc." you're well within your right. If you said it'd be a constant hassle to worry about how everyone feels at all times, you'd be exactly right. Being considerate takes effort. However, it's worth considering whether other peoples' lives and feelings are worth that hassle.

Any point can be made without pissing people off or making them hate themselves; you can discuss someone's virginity without making them ashamed, or someone's bigotry without them feeling animosity toward you. It's not easy to do that all the time though. This is just an internet forum, not a job for most people who post here, save for the mods, I guess; can't ask or expect people to put in that effort. The most I'll do is ask people to consider it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I really don't understand blind consumer loyalty. If you're balling, then maybe. The used game nonsense is doing a grand job of illustrating why people need to take a fucking economics 101 class as soon as possible. Yeesh.

Slayven

I really don't understand blind consumer loyalty. If you're balling, then maybe. The used game nonsense is doing a grand job of illustrating why people need to take a fucking economics 101 class as soon as possible. Yeesh.

With companies I take a "what have you done for me lately". That is why I don't fuck with apple.

About to get my first gaming computer in over 7 years. Feels good.

With companies I take a "what have you done for me lately". That is why I don't fuck with apple.

About to get my first gaming computer in over 7 years. Feels good.

Welcome to the winning team!
Any particular reason you've not jumped into PC up until now?

I built a PC a couple of months ago, and had up until that point never been able to play PC-games on the highest settings.

Now though:
dayum.gif

I'll grab a PS4 if I can afford it, but only if it isn't filled with anti-consumer stuff like the Xbone. If it is, I'll just try to get an Oculus Rift instead.

Off-topic, but this gif popped up when I tried to find the above gif:
tumblr_mfdckcgRNH1qgp7bro1_500.gif

Dat hair.

Nakazato

Still got 7 hours to drive to cali just stopped in Arizona... In n out off an exit.

Just got finished... That is the best fast food hamburger iver had.

In-n-out > 5 guys

And that is coming form a true east coaster

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Still got 7 hours to drive to cali just stopped in Arizona... In n out off an exit.

Just got finished... That is the best fast food hamburger iver had.

In-n-out > 5 guys

And that is coming form a true east coaster

they are damn good. but their fries are hot garbage when not done animal style

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Those two deserve Mr and Mrs Rachetmess 2013.

They really dropped the ball though on Meowth, could have really iced the cake with an ugly chihuahua.

Slayven

Tell me is this good

AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

16384MB RAM

amd msi radon 7770 1 gig OC

120 GB SSD

1TB hardrive

Nakazato

they are damn good. but their fries are hot garbage when not done animal style

Ill have to try it like that

So, it's not overrated? Interesting.

Not at all and much cheaper than mcd, bk or 6 guys

Tell me is this good

AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

16384MB RAM

amd msi radon 7770 1 gig OC

120 GB SSD

1TB hardrive

I would go I5 but with 16 with 16 gb of ram that good. I would upgrade to 7970 then you'll be future proof till the middle of ps4 gen

FyreWulff

I saw a struggle lottery ticket today, and no, it wasn't a pickle card. I should buy it and take a pic, I laughed when I saw it. It was like the shur fine of lottery tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom