• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Started watching Arrested Development - got midway through season three. Charlize Theron is dumb fine in it. Makes me want to watch her movies.

I was watching a show on one of the food networks and I was surprised to find out that Lobster is straight up poor people food in the majority of the world. Only in the west (and I think Japan depending on the season) is it consider fine dining. Most of seafood is like that.

RedSwirl

I was watching a show on one of the food networks and I was surprised to find out that Lobster is straight up poor people food in the majority of the world. Only in the west (and I think Japan depending on the season) is it consider fine dining. Most of seafood is like that.

I guess that might make sense. Seafood is probably some of the most accessible food across much of the earth. Since human civilization tends to spring up around water sources, I wouldn't be surprised if fishing turned out to be one of the most common ways of gathering food by humans.

Three of us (onemic, Moris & Immortal) and guest Reigun have a talk about The Teen Mom sextape, Kanye West, Amanda Bynes, Microsoft's rumored DRM, being young and famous and much more.

Run time: 59 minutes 55 seconds

The Cast:
Reigun - onemic - MorisUkunRasik - Imm0rt4l
Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maron

I got mugged last night around my neighborhood. I didn't get hurt (just restrained) and they never even checked my pockets so one of the three dudes just snatched the PSP I had out. Even so I guess it was a bit of a wake-up call in that I'm a 20 year old black dude and have no idea how to even defend myself. Never had anyone to teach me how to fight or anything so the experience was just a bit out there.

I got mugged last night around my neighborhood. I didn't get hurt (just restrained) and they never even checked my pockets so one of the three dudes just snatched the PSP I had out. Even so I guess it was a bit of a wake-up call in that I'm a 20 year old black dude and have no idea how to even defend myself. Never had anyone to teach me how to fight or anything so the experience was just a bit out there.

if it's 3 dudes, you did the right thing.

DominoKid

it's kind of amazing you got to this point w/o having to pick up a few things along the way. but it was 3 guys though so at least you can fall back on that.

Sorry to hear that man. If it's three guys in the middle of the night, it's not even worth the risk man; you did the right thing. Though learning how to defend yourself is a worthy endeavor to consider. Good to hear you're alright.

P.S. I would recommend getting a Vita, no one's gonna mug you for that.

Maron

it's kind of amazing you got to this point w/o having to pick up a few things along the way. but it was 3 guys though so at least you can fall back on that.

Large part of it's probably due to going to a Catholic school for 12 years I guess.

Sorry to hear that man. If it's three guys in the middle of the night, it's not even worth the risk man; you did the right thing. Though learning how to defend yourself is a worthy endeavor to consider. Good to hear you're alright.

P.S. I would recommend getting a Vita, no one's gonna mug you for that.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I guess I oughta learn about defending myself and being more observant, I didn't think twice when I saw them walking my direction. I just assume other people only care about going wherever they're going.

The funny thing is what they snatched from me was the original 2004 PSP. I was really attached to it since I had it for so long so I never bothered getting a new version. I think they just took it because I was alone and they saw I had it out.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hey man people get robbed... When they got numbers on you like that don't hold it against yourself you did the realistic (and best) thing possible because in the end you wasn't injured. That's all that matters....

zero_suit

Three of us (onemic, Moris & Immortal) and guest Reigun have a talk about The Teen Mom sextape, Kanye West, Amanda Bynes, Microsoft's rumored DRM, being young and famous and much more.

Run time: 59 minutes 55 seconds

The Cast:
Reigun - onemic - MorisUkunRasik - Imm0rt4l
Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally!!

DominoKid

i'm a hater by nature, that's what keeps me motivated.
so when i hear my friends/classmates getting jobs/internships when i can't even get a fucking interview, i die a little bit inside.
i can't even be happy for them because i know i'm better than them. i just need that that one break in my life. somebody willing to take a chance on me.

zero_suit

so when i hear my friends/classmates getting jobs/internships when i can't even get a fucking interview, i die a little bit inside.
i can't even be happy for them because i know i'm better than them. i just need that that one break in my life. somebody willing to take a chance on me.

Sometimes, I feel the same way. I've only been able to get temp jobs since I graduated.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like you need a better grip on those bootstraps!

/sarcasm

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Can be tough, gotta keep at it man. Was it PR you were looking to get into again?

DominoKid

Can be tough, gotta keep at it man. Was it PR you were looking to get into again?

yep. it really does annoy the hell out of me to see some of my stupid ass classmates w/ shitty work who have gotten jobs. makes me wonder what the point of working hard and being good at what you do is. but at this point i just want a job to stack some money and to get out of the house. my life is a fucking drag right now.

Gorillaz

I'm the same way DK. Some people I'm friends with, like some of these people can't live more then 5 mins sober, are getting ridiculous internships and shit.

It really is a who you know type of world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom