• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
yep. it really does annoy the hell out of me to see some of my stupid ass classmates w/ shitty work who have gotten jobs. makes me wonder what the point of working hard and being good at what you do is. but at this point i just want a job to stack some money and to get out of the house. my life is a fucking drag right now.

I'm the same way DK. Some people I'm friends with, like some of these people can't live more then 5 mins sober, are getting ridiculous internships and shit.

It really is a who you know type of world.

Its kinda a combination i think. A lot of the time, it can be who you know, but if you aren't cut out for it, that will show pretty quick.

Sadly, sometimes its also just dumb luck; right place, right time sort of deal.

DominoKid

I'm the same way DK. Some people I'm friends with, like some of these people can't live more then 5 mins sober, are getting ridiculous internships and shit.

It really is a who you know type of world.

Its kinda a combination i think. A lot of the time, it can be who you know, but if you aren't cut out for it, that will show pretty quick.

Sadly, sometimes its also just dumb luck; right place, right time sort of deal.

yep. unfortunately for me, where i live it's basically impossible for me to be in the right place at the right time or make any meaningful industry connections. i could use a bit of dumb luck right now. all the local agencies are tiny ass operations.

best response i've gotten so far is a guy that wanted to hold onto my info in case someone left his office. i can only guess it's because i went to HS w/ his daughters even though i only know them in passing.

i am really glad the adults in my life (parents, neighbors, etc) are doing their best to keep me in good spirits. because otherwise i'd be mad as hell 24/7. i just want something to go my way for once.

RedSwirl

i'm a hater by nature, that's what keeps me motivated.
so when i hear my friends/classmates getting jobs/internships when i can't even get a fucking interview, i die a little bit inside.
i can't even be happy for them because i know i'm better than them. i just need that that one break in my life. somebody willing to take a chance on me.

Same here man.

DominoKid

Questlove opening up a food stand in NYC charging $4 for a motherfuckin chicken leg.

The food is spot-on. The drumsticks (of course, since Thompson drums for The Roots) are plump, meaty and thick-crusted. And 4 bucks each (two for $7.50, four for $14.50). A biscuit is $2 more. Add honey butter for $2. You're in New York.

The dumplings ($7 an order - less than you'd pay across the hall at Buddakan) were filled with such morsels as truffled egg; tofu and mushrooms; crab (like a crab rangoon); cheese & chard; and curried chicken (curry-up chicken).

Cupcake flavors ($3.50): miso ho-ney, beyond the pineapple, tom yum, and sexual chocolate.

for $4 that chicken leg better be big like the turkey legs at the fair. Questlove bout to cake off the hipsters that want that "authentic" experience.

akira28

$4 for a leg?

naw

depends. I go to the mexican grocery store, and I know they feeding their chickens steroids because those drumsticks are goddamnhuge. But I will use up a whole paper bag of flour and spices just to coat one, and good lord it comes out delicious. Especially after I dip it in honey. I was thinking could someone make a chicken spot solely off of drumsticks? Like as a portable food, like a corndog. Have it with different dips and such.

Looks like Questlove is ahead of the curve, once again.

Nakazato

Yo i dont ever want anyone to say florida is crazy. Cali is fucking crazy. Gangs going crazy in south LA crazy bitches burning ppls houses down.

Slayven

mccain-wedding.jpg

"Y'all got one time to bring up some ol Lincoln bullshit. I will start handing out 3/5s of an asswhopping."

Salty Chick from Bossip said:
Yeah it's weird. When I'm at downtown Chicago in the summertime,I usually see a lot of T-pains look alike holding hands with women that looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom. Nothing wrong with that,its just that the males on here acts as if the the average black men is married to a white beauty queen.

lol, I said got damn.

trixx

That comment section is extremely sad. You would never see that from any other community but the black community. We'd rather hate on one another

DominoKid

i'm still out, but i'm less out than before. my absolutely not bar is high though.

it's some dimes on that joint though. at least in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom