• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Point him out. It's hard to yell when the barrels in they mouf!!!

Nha, I allow fools one. Cause when I put them down I don't want no complaints.

tumblr_m2lbfvHDkN1r324lio1_250.gif

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
No one sends me hate messages. I feel left out.

I did have one guy pick on me back in the USENET days. I sent him my address. I was at Quantico at the time. Didn't hear back.

I don't know how but going to Wendy's in my town makes me feel like I'm back in the 50's complete with dehumanizing stares from white people. And damn Slay in full on thug mde

I don't know how but going to Wendy's in my town makes me feel like I'm back in the 50's complete with dehumanizing stares from white people. And damn Slay in full on thug mde

Where you at? Hickory NC? Burlington? Oak Ridge NC? That's where I got some of them stares 2 years ago at a Hardee's

Imm0rt4l

anybody watch the konami pre e3 conference? Lords of the shadow 2dracula may cry trailer was long as fuck.

Also the theme for the new MGS game that Kojima has been talking about being a taboo one is Race.

I don't mind a game taking on race, but I don't think Kojima can do it. I mean MGS2's protagonist is a blue eyed blonde haired white boy who grew up in Liberia as a child soldier and eventually went on to become a ninja. Nigga are you serious.

Gorillaz

Yea I can't see Kojima tackling race correctly. Big fan of him but let's be honest he's pretty over the top and a joker to do taboo subjects. It will probably feel more like a parody.

Imm0rt4l

I know Immortal is the resident Kojimahead, folks mad about Sutherland being the new Snake?

Some of these fanboys have no perspective.

Hayter isn't even an actor, and has devolved the role of snake into a parody of itself. He did well in MGS1 and nothing else

These guys got a chance to eat some fillet mignon, but they're stuck on hamburger helper.

images

I don't care that Hayter is gone. I just don't like that they didn't at least tell inform him that they got a new guy. Keifer Sutherland as Snake would sound much more natural than Hayters overacted gravely voice.

Recon

Banned

Hayter isn't even an actor, and has devolved the role of snake into a parody of itself. He did well in MGS1 and nothing else

These guys got a chance to eat some fillet mignon, but they're stuck on hamburger helper.

images

I would rank Keifer and David's acting about the same.

Slayven

images

I don't care that Hayter is gone. I just don't like that they didn't at least tell inform him that they got a new guy. Keifer Sutherland as Snake would sound much more natural than Hayters overacted gravely voice.
Too me it sounded like the guy tried to be Sutherland or Kurt Russell for years.

Slayven

Voice actors are pretty much the mafia anyway. Once you get in their club, you are set. Cree Summers is teh don obviously.

Im on the first page of the Sutherland Snake thread and I read this gem

Lmao Im in for a treat I can tell already

They lie, they will be on that shit.

I love MG, MGS5 is a day one purchase for me just because I'm in too deep to stop now, I don't care if they got David Beckham's prepubescent sounding ass as snake.

Lancaster,SC. It's like going into a time machine.

Ride 20 - 30 minutes north to Richburg SC! 100x worse than Lancaster and Lancaster is superbad.

aw shit that's like par for the course in NC. shit i get them stares when i step outside my house from my own neighbors.

Not so much from my neighbors but the neighborhood in general? Yes it's bad. I'm in Raleigh. Wakefield to be exact. It's racist and money. Deadly combination. The black folk out there that got money worse than any other race though.

Too me it sounded like the guy tried to be Sutherland or Kurt Russell for years.

It was probably by Kojima's direction since Snake is modeled after Pliskin anyways.

And I don't get this hate over Hayter adjusting Snakes voice over the years. It seems obvious that he was trying to reflect how the years were affecting Snake. Aging and smoking for years will fuck your voice up. I mean if you don't like it fine, opinions and all that, but it's not like he was performing badly or losing a handle on the role. It was a specific creative choice. And being an actor means nothing for VO. Plenty of actors are awful at it.

That being said, I'm not upset about the change. I just don't see the hate for Hayter's performances.

Yeah I got mad respect for the guy but I will always remember that Hermes got shot in the head by Terl while Nick Fury was driving.

And yes I went there.

lol Howard Saint shooting Vamp in the head while Mace Windu was driving is a great scene.

You know we can make a thing out of this. Reading that had me burst into tears laughing.

I mean having Vinnie Barbarino shooting John Stewart in the head while Gin Rummy was driving is truly a classic scene.

Phil Lamar did voices in Afro Samurai (Sam Jackson project) and Bolt (Travolta is the voice of Bolt). I want to write a show where the 3 of them are best friends.

pretty sad in that MGSV thread they're making "racing" jokes.

really gaf? you start a thread on would play a game if it involved you raping a character in a certain scene, but a theme on race is outta the question?

Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom