• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
pretty sad in that MGSV thread they're making "racing" jokes.

really gaf? you start a thread on would play a game if it involved you raping a character in a certain scene, but a theme on race is outta the question?

Good lord.

the rest of this week and next week are gonna be unbearable

Onemic

It was probably by Kojima's direction since Snake is modeled after Pliskin anyways.

And I don't get this hate over Hayter adjusting Snakes voice over the years. It seems obvious that he was trying to reflect how the years were affecting Snake. Aging and smoking for years will fuck your voice up. I mean if you don't like it fine, opinions and all that, but it's not like he was performing badly or losing a handle on the role. It was a specific creative choice. And being an actor means nothing for VO. Plenty of actors are awful at it.

That being said, I'm not upset about the change. I just don't see the hate for Hayter's performances.

People hate Hayter now? Da fuck?

Even though I still think MGS4 is a terrible game, I'll probably still get MGS5 just to see how hard Kojima trolls his fanbase once more.

DominoKid

i love my aunt but i hate when she starts acting brand new like she forgot where she came from. i'm like...it wasnt so long ago that yall were the new minority on the block w/ money that people looked at funny. how are you gonna pass it off to the hispanics like that?

DominoKid

How does MS come up with new and interesting ways to fuck up each and everyday?

i am truly envious of whoever's running their PR because they're doing an incredibly awful job and they show no signs of improvement anytime soon. that's the type of shit that pisses me off when i think about the struggles of finding a fucking job. this business is full of idiots.

Cancelled 1on1 interviews scheduled after their conference. Not as bad as originally speculated. Major Nelson saying only some are cancelled due to scheduling conflict.

Gorillaz

Isn't he going to it it right before E3?...well this kind of is before E3 but he might do it sunday night

Shit would be funny as hell tho

Slayven

Imagine if they somehow make Snake black.
Voiced by Goliath.
KeithDavidJune10.jpg

Voiced by Goliath.

Voiced by Facilier.

Always god tier.

Yeah, Cree Summer is a voice acting queen, and has been hustling for a long time. She was Penny on Inspector Gadget. And since she was Cleo and Kel Mitchell was T-Bone on the Clifford The Big Red Dog cartoon, I always say that Clifford had two black best friends.

Voiced by Facilier.

Always god tier.

Yeah, Cree Summer is a voice acting queen, and has been hustling for a long time. She was Penny on Inspector Gadget. And since she was Cleo and Kel Mitchell was T-Bone on the Clifford The Big Red Dog cartoon, I always say that Clifford had two black best friends.

Yeah whats cool is her father did Sabertooths voice in the Xmen cartoon.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
damn, the xbone is ridiculous. even worse are those that are ok with all that bullshit. damn i hope sony doesnt drop the ball.

FyreWulff

lol what's even the point of the security check in if it limits you to one hour on other hardware? That means they still care which box it was actually bought on..

.. and probably why I'm hitting the Sony booth first

Parallax

Funny how they worded that shit to sound like they were doing everyone a favor.

and people are eating that shit up like its a gift from god.

Is attempted suicide legal in the US? 'cus looks like MS is trying that shit

the sad part is that people are still gonna jump on board with this. they know the majority of their fanbase will gladly take the d and ask for more in this situation

•Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

KuGsj.gif

What a feature!

Save us, Iwata-san

Onemic

•Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

KuGsj.gif

What a feature!

Save us, Iwata-san

You're committing theft if you lend a game to your friend. You're lucky MS is even giving you this option

•Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

Finally!

zero_suit

KuGsj.gif

What a feature!

Save us, Iwata-san

Sounds fair to me. Stop whining!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
No renting, no loaning. No private sales (unless selling to someone who has been on your friends list for 30 days)

Console Checks in Every 24 hours

Trade-ins are up to the publisher and only at participating retailers

You can give a game to a friend only if they have been on your friends list for 30 days, and then it is stuck with them.

Up to 10 family members can play your games from any console at any time

I think I'm gonna go hook up my Genesis now

Edit ^ ah bro. I'm digging the name and the avatar.

XBone....just sounds awful to me at this point. I have friends scattered between Albany NY and Augusta GA. We used mail each other SP games that we wanted to play but didn't want to buy that one of us had. This.....This does not bode well for us.

Parallax

i knew the writing was on the wall when people were willing to buy map packs. its been all downhill from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom