• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it start raining in the middle of the day, I almost instinctively hop in the bed

Then it start thundering REALLY fuckin' loud outside my window and I run out the room like a big cornball*

*Ripclawe

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm trying not to go Conspiracy Brother on all this Microsoft/PRISM shit and the Xbox One.

Anniversary today any ideas on what i should/could do on a limited budget? She keeps shooting my ideas down.

You gonna laugh but on me and mine anniversary I got some post it notes. And everywhere I knew she would go I hid a post it note with a little message. Like she lifted the toilet seat and saw a note saying I love you. She went to the medicine cabinet and saw a note saying you are my everything etc. Then later on that night I got her some daffodils her favorite flower for every year we have been together. And I cooked her a meal and fed her dessert. Then she gave me "dessert". Then I spilled "dessert".......

Nakazato

what did you suggest?
Movies a nice dinner going to walk the boardwalk. Were on a budget after moving.

You gonna laugh but on me and mine anniversary I got some post it notes. And everywhere I knew she would go I hid a post it note with a little message. Like she lifted the toilet seat and saw a note saying I love you. She went to the medicine cabinet and saw a note saying you are my everything etc. Then later on that night I got her some daffodils her favorite flower for every year we have been together. And I cooked her a meal and fed her dessert. Then she gave me "dessert". Then I spilled "dessert".......
That awesome. issue is that id have to do that last night lol and even to that not much room to put sweet notes. I told her id cook dinner she said no.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
So the issue is she wants to do something more 'do it big'? It shouldn't matter, since you're both spending time together..

What does she like to do?

Movies a nice dinner going to walk the boardwalk. Were on a budget after moving.

That awesome. issue is that id have to do that last night lol and even to that not much room to put sweet notes. I told her id cook dinner she said no.

As someone who has been in a similar situation I'll tell you what I did. 2nd year of marriage we were on a extremely tight budget.

- massage envy gift card she could redeem at any time 30 bucks
- a bouquet of lily's from Harris Teeter 15 bucks
- 2 balloons saying I love you 10 bucks party city
- his/her teddy bears 20 bucks 15 bucks party city

avoid delivery and drove it to her job at the time and left them at the front desk myself

on the way home swung by an adult shop got some of those boxed rose petals 8 bucks
cooked her dinner that night chicken Alfredo 13 bucks. I used that hamburger helper alternative. And I pulled out the good plates we got as a wedding present.

Boom happy anniversary. Difference is I didn't ask. I just did it. She knew we were on a budget so she was going to like it; she didn't have a choice.

If she doesn't want something like that sounds to me like she wants something big and spectacular.

wait, da fuq at Minerals being an alt for Pop....

?

Minerals? huh??? that seems so random.

Dafuq. Minerals? Why that name?

Minerals?

naw

ATCl8Z2.jpg

Have absolutely no clue where the name comes from, we just rolled with it growing up. Will ask my family next time I talk to them.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Got to love southern grandmas lol. When its storming my gma used to have us turn off electronics and we couldnt use the telephone. Let God do his work in peace she would say.
I heard that so much growing up

And the "that vidya game better not mess up my TV!!"

DominoKid

I'm so ashamed to know this jargon

also the 'devil beating his wife' urghh

that's a southern classic lol.

Got to love southern grandmas lol. When its storming my gma used to have us turn off electronics and we couldnt use the telephone. Let God do his work in peace she would say.

i used to hate that shit. sitting there bored as fuck like "that's not how it works though gra-"BOY IF YOU DONT HUSH YO ASS UP!"

Nakazato

Sound like in n out and redbox cause she dont feel like doing anything which is fine by me. Looks like ill be making pan cakes for dinner tho.

Think about it.. What does Minerals have to do with carbonated drinks?

nothing.

Why do I call it pop? it's carbonated.. pop makes it sound fizzy.

Why do people call it Soda? no clue, it's an ancient term for it I suppose.

Pop isn't as bad as calling it all coke.

Lots of 'pop' users voted for Romney...s'all I'm saying.

Xbone backlash is spreading like a cancer. I totally thought prior to the unveiling that MS was gonna school Nintendo and Sony with something amazing, but they just continue to play themselves.

Xbone backlash is spreading like a cancer. I totally thought prior to the unveiling that MS was gonna school Nintendo and Sony with something amazing, but they just continue to play themselves.

I mean if Sony doesn't take advantage of it then what are gamers going to do? All buy gaming caliber PC's?

MS is in a great position if Sony follows suit.

Recon

Banned
I understand if you're working for a marketing firm you have to spend all/most of your time defending and deflecting that shit but damn, post in the funny pic thread or something. Try look like a person.

Exactly, I hope MS wasnt paying them that much, because they are really bad at their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom