• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Pretty much drink 90% water rest is a juice. I've had to phase out the Dole fruit juices for Trop50s juice. Considering how much I love fruit juice its being difficult. Greatest irony was I cut out soda 10 years ago and stuck to fruit juice/drink. Big mistake since fruit drinks may have more sugar than even soda.

Anyways, Xbox One won't be my console, I'm probably moving back to Ghana at the end of the year, its bad enough with the random blackouts but considering how spotty internet/broadband has been any time I visit, any console that requires this kind of connection just won't work for me. I understand why Microsoft is going down this shitty path, but they obviously don't care about any places with low broadband internet penetration. Its been amazing watching them double down and basically convince me to not even consider a X1
Tough break man. It would suck to be a gamer in west Africa for that reason alone.

water.

I almost never drink pop

Rc0ThDW.jpg

harSon

Banned
Juice has a fuck ton of sugar. I don't like drinking my calories personally, but I do it within reason. Alcohol is the worst for dieting.

It's all about that low carb and straight liquor diet. And my body is sensitive to aspartame, so it was straight shots and no chaser for me! Worked wonders.

I say pop too.No fucks given.

You got it backwards man

Soda sounds old as fuck. Like in the 1950's when they had those soda bars and shit. Lame too. Dont be a lame like Slay, Moris. Join the winning team.

pop

like the drama bomb that will explode in the BeautifulPeople thread.

nah Soda is that current gen. my grandma used to say Pop.

In Ghana, its minerals, only people asking for soda are clearly not Ghanaian

Yo BCT fam,

Brother Voodoo, Frenzy, Cecilia Reyes, Cloak(& Dagger), Goliath, Storm, Photon, Misty Knight, Manifold, Black Panther, War machine, Blade, Oya, Patriot, Nick Fury Jr, Bishop, Blue Marvel &
Miles Morales.

Goddamn Marvel Comics loves us black folks.

I won't ever mention Falcon, that nigga is an L personified

harSon

Banned
god damn harson, no one man should have all that allergies.

onemic, reform, it's not too late

I'm not allergic to it or anything, but for some people, aspartame effects insulin levels, and for others it doesn't. This is important if you're on a low-carb diet, and unfortunately for me, aspartame and artificial sugars instantly boot me from ketosis. Dieting would have been easy mode if I could have had aspartame/artificial sweeteners :|

I do admit though, my body does suck. I'ma have to be wrapped like that kid in Little Giants at some point in my life.

harSon

Banned
So you basically just pound vodka when you drink?

I used too, yes. Vodka, rum, gin, tequila, whiskey, scotch, brandy and cognac (unsweetened variations) all contain 0 carbs. It wasn't pleasant, but it got me where I needed to go. I'm not so anal with my diet anymore, so I'll take a day off here and there.

cdyhybrid

I used too, yes. Vodka, rum, gin, tequila, whiskey, scotch, brandy and cognac (unsweetened variations) all contain 0 carbs. It wasn't pleasant, but it got me where I needed to go. I'm not so anal with my diet anymore, so I'll take a day off here and there.

Thank goodness. Conscience cleared!

Imm0rt4l

When I was living in Minnesota, everyone called it pop. Shit was weird.

It's all about that low carb and straight liquor diet. And my body is sensitive to aspartame, so it was straight shots and no chaser for me! Worked wonders.
Oh for sure, best way to do it. Alcohol is still very calorie dense though. 7 calories per gram. If if were a macro, it'd be only second to fats which is 9 per.
what makes one whey protein mix better than another?

Just the taste of the protein powder itself. Body fortress just happens to be the cheap walmart brand, vanilla is straight, chocolate is meh. I mix my stuff with 8oz milk, ice, frozen banana, pb and some oats. Its going to taste good regardless of the powder so I don't mind that my pallete isn't spoiled by the good shit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yo BCT fam,

Brother Voodoo, Frenzy, Cecilia Reyes, Cloak(& Dagger), Goliath, Storm, Photon, Misty Knight, Manifold, Black Panther, War machine, Blade, Oya, Patriot, Nick Fury Jr, Bishop, Blue Marvel &
Miles Morales.

Fury Jr? Get outta here with that.

ReiGun

Yo BCT fam,

Miles Morales.

If only more of them could get into films beyond Storm, Blade, and WM.

Captain L (Falcon) doesn't count because fuck that asshole.

Trey

It's called pop around here. I call it pop. You know what I'm talking about when I say pop. No problems.

Exchange pop in that logic for whatever weird stuff you guys call your pop and we'll be good.

FreeMufasa

Shit,

I'm quite possibly the most unluckiest person alive. Mentioned before how I needed a gym or some weights. Some how got my hands on free weights. A week later I busted my hand (unrelated) and I'm probably out for 3-4 weeks..........shiiiiiiiiiiiiet.

Summer so close =(

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Pop? Soda? Fizzy drinks?

What y'all know about old skool Fanta!

tumblr_lfz6z2NgsW1qzmmqno1_400.jpg

Supposedly, each bottle of this had the equivalent of 8 cubes of sugar in it.

I grew up in that deep south. Soda was everywhere. What yall know bout them soda bottle candies though? that sugar juice in that wax shaped like a soda bottle. The candies and shit we had back in the 80's and 90's. Who remember eating a bag of pop rocks and gunning it with a coca cola?

Who else in the south riding out Tropical Storm Andrea. I'm chilling at work here in Raleigh on GAF watching rain hit my window...

Man them cigarette candies, dat big league chew!!!

I'm a pretty big xbox fan

But I gotta I don't know if I can fuck with The One.

So insanely anti-consumer, and even though I could give fewer fucks about that, the truth is I buy most of my games via recycling them with trade in promotions or renting them with gamefly or netflix. I buy maybe 2, 3 games a year for 60 at most.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom