• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my question though. What really is the cause for Black Women to be considered undesirable (using statistics like OKCupid)? BWB seem to always go to the "Western Concept of Beauty," which may or may not have merit but could it also be that the stereotypes in general about Black Women are pretty much exclusively negative?

Kaizer

Banned
That Game of Thrones episode was fantastic. As someone who doesn't read the books, the scene definitely took me by surprise. At the moment it happened I was in a state of shock and laughing at the same time. To a degree I expected it, but to see it actually happen seconds later was shocking.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I may have to check it out then, based on the spectacle.

I remember the first time I saw EoE, I was going through a bad bad breakup, and it wasn't the violence that stuck, it was the psychological trauma man.

I mean shit, it was rough

Imm0rt4l

GoT hurt more than EoE for me because I actually like the characters on GoT.

Basically.

I don't even like having to allude to what happened on the last episode, it only takes away from the impact. If you want to know what everyone is up in arms about, I suggest you watch it because it's a really good show.

ReiGun

I got spoiled on what was going to happen (or at least a bit of it. I knew who was getting got) but I was not expecting that shit. lol

Onemic

I may have to check it out then, based on the spectacle.

I remember the first time I saw EoE, I was going through a bad bad breakup, and it wasn't the violence that stuck, it was the psychological trauma man.

I mean shit, it was rough

Still watching Evangeion right now, on episode 6 or so. I guess it goes into overdrive later on?

Basically.

I don't even like having to allude to what happened on the last episode, it only takes away from the impact. If you want to know what everyone is up in arms about, I suggest you watch it because it's a really good show.

When they closed those doors...I knew something was up...but not that

"#YouDontKnowTheStruggleIf you've never had to hold your earphones in a certain angle so they work"

"#YouDontKnowTheStruggleIf u ain't never had to take a bath with Washing Powder or dish detergent lol #RNS"

Black twitter knows..
KuGsj.gif

I too know these shadows, Slayven.

What went down?

To get a preface read my previous 2 post. But to sum up the situation. You know I started working at a guardhouse that's in a gated community that I happen to live in. So lots of advantages there. But its pretty prestigious so a lot of lawyers and doctors you know stuff like that. Anywho im not trying to brag but its to give you indication that I am not the "norm" that lives out here at all. But I have been here for 5 years and have been lo key. Anyway Im finally realizing that my neighbors are stuck up assholes. Long story short since you got a little background this guy got salty that he had to wait in line. He proceeded to get out the car and tell me im doing a shitty job and that "he pays my salary". Im all for constructive criticism but when you get out of the car and tell me im a piece of shit. So that's that part. I almost walked out. I could've said I pay my own salary but I didn't. Then later I had a delivery driver RUN THROUGH THE DAMN GATE THROUGH THE EXIT AND INTO INCOMING TRAFFIC. I run out and go to stop which I succeeded. And when I question him he told me "Why im talking to him sporty?" Now I aint no little dude. So I told fuckstick that he ran the goddamn gate and he got salty cause I said something. I just don't know then there was so other shit that the sherriff's involved. Im gonna go and get a beer. Im done.

Nakazato

"#YouDontKnowTheStruggleIf you've never had to hold your earphones in a certain angle so they work"

"#YouDontKnowTheStruggleIf u ain't never had to take a bath with Washing Powder or dish detergent lol #RNS"

Black twitter knows..
KuGsj.gif

Im living the struggle then

Black twitter knows..
KuGsj.gif

#YouDontKnowTheStruggleIf u never washed the dishes with laundry detergent

RedSwirl

I feel ya on this one. I've had friends I've known since like 2nd grade that I just completely lost contact with once high school ended. On one hand, I know part of it is my fault for not making more of an en effort to contact them, but I hit up their Facebook pages, I sent the texts. What do I get? Nadda. Most of my good friends are still in-state, but we go to different Universities and no one rarely ever leaves their "nest" anymore.

In my case, it particularly sorta sucks since I suck at making new friends. It doesn't help my family was too broke for me to live on campus so I basically commute 3-4 times a week, stay for a few hours then bounce. When I joined a music business program last Fall, I started coming out of my shell more and started getting cool with some folks, but I never know how to get past the acquaintance phase and into the hangout/invite to parties phase. A part of me feels like I'll never be able to meet someone that I'll have the same sorta connection that I had with old friends that was built up over a decade. Life could be worse, but it could still be better than this.

I don't really get this. Maybe it's something different with being in a military family and growing up with other military family kids?

I theorize that it's because we're all used to getting moved around a lot throughout our childhoods. Maybe we have an easier time connecting to each other than to the non-military kids we end up having to move away from all the time.

I've contacted pretty much all my friends from Germany on facebook and at least have an idea of what they're currently doing with their lives. Plus, of the friends I hang out with here I live, all but one are military kids I've kept in touch with since the first grade, through several moves. Maybe I just got lucky that all of them happen to live under an hour away though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom