• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
How can the DRM be worse

does the Xbox One sprout arms and legs to literally fuck you if you insert a used disc?
You will be unable to play this game without the power of the cloud. Sure, we haven't listed a single tangible benefit that the cloud provides that didn't exist 5 years ago.
What's weird is as hype as I was about E3 a couple weeks ago I can honestly say I don't give two shits about what's gonna happen this week. We all know shits gonna happen fuckered up and no one will be happy. I think this gen has showed that gaming is becoming too expensive a damn hobby. Everything gets short changed you don't get a full experience with games anymore because everyone is trying to make a damn cash grab. Its fucking insane. Just the other day I looked at the list of games announced and release dates this year and I only saw three that were worth a damn. Folks I think I'm gonna sit this gen out. Its a trainwreck that in all honesty is just gonna kill everyone.
Nah, man. The Witcher 3 !!

"Hey who is that chick? Oh, your sister? Lemme get her account info real fast...naw, just for cloud purposes."

'hey yo, fuckboy. Don't think I didn't' notice your friend sneak into the living room to watch Star Trek. Gimme that additional 5 bucks or y'all ain't never gonna find out how this ends.....hey you still seeing Stacy? hook a Xbox up dawg."

harSon

Banned
Hopefully Microsoft brings the games. I'm a selfish motherfucker, so given the fact that none of this DRM shit really effects me, I'm 100% in if Microsoft shows off games that I want to play.

Gorillaz

"oh I thought you said Bing RnB greatest hits...well we already looking it up lets play some tracks since your sister is here, oh and go get me some rubbers at CVS"

Hopefully Microsoft brings the games. I'm a selfish motherfucker, so given the fact that none of this DRM shit really effects me, I'm 100% in if Microsoft shows off games that I want to play.

There's no way MS doesn't show off some amazing stuff to try and appease the vocal minority that are talking shit right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beefed up their conference from what they originally had planned and just mention shit by name that isn't ready to show off just to add to the bullet points. Try to overwhelm nerds with awesome games.

"Every bad thing you ever read about us was true. But it doesn't matter because: *insert all your favorite games here* Yeah, see you fucks in November. Bring money."

harSon

Banned
There's no way MS doesn't show off some amazing stuff to try and appease the vocal minority that are talking shit right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beefed up their conference from what they originally had planned and just mention shit by name that isn't ready to show off just to add to the bullet points. Try to overwhelm nerds with awesome games.

I hope so. I'm willing to forgive the DRM stuff considering I actually like the direction they're heading in terms of the console's media capabilities, but if the games aren't there, then I'd definitely hold off until they are.

Gorillaz

Halo will be there in some form. That would be the easiest way to get people back

The only other thing that could work is if this new IP from Respawn "Titanfall" really killed at the conference. Right now it's already riding off the hype of "Creators of CoD4 and MW2"

The Xbone will constantly ask "Hey can a nigga borrow a dollar" Man if Halo is the biggest thing MS shows off this whole thing will only be worse.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Stopping in because I kick ass at an abnormally rapid pace.

Do better.

That is all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

gonna quote this post again when you can't validate your games on launch day

XenodudeX

At this point the prices of the next gen games are the only thing thats keeping me at bay right now. I'm DRM is bad obviously, but I can see myself ( and along with many other people) getting over it after a while. No way in hell I'm paying 70 bucks for one game. nope nope

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Aw man Xeno AND Harson are giving in?? Y'all know you're gonna get an STD from that input, right?

The only thing that I can honestly trip about on the Xbone is selling your game. I DO NOT use Gamestop. I sell to friends, or on Craigslist. I won't be able to do this anymore if I get the Xbox One...

I don't really give a fuck about the Xbone since you couldn't convince me to pay for Live in the first place. I hope shit gets even more messed up because the entertainment I get out of watching people wild the fuck out has been priceless so far. Oh and GAF is full of Donnie Brascos now lmao

This shit is amazing

zon

I'm staying away from it because of the drm, I'm not gonna support the dicks who try to get that shit into my living room.

cottage cheese and cantaloupe on the diet added at least 2,000 to my power level

So you kick 'em even farther down the street now? Damn son, you cold

FreeMufasa

I'm hoping the PS4 has DRM equal to the xbone, just for shits and giggles. The Sony/Cermy love is crazy right now.

I'll be good on current gen for another 5 years I think.

zon

I'm hoping the PS4 has DRM equal to the xbone, just for shits and giggles. The Sony/Cermy love is crazy right now.

GAF servers would be in ruins for days if that happened. The butthurt wouldn't be able to be contained.

Even though I constantly shit on the Vita, it's what started me liking Sony again. The Sony love on the boards is coming from a place of desperation right now but if they are smart, and I'm not convinced that they are, they will seize this once-in-a-console-generation opportunity to reclaim the throne. Gonna be an interesting week.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I think a lot of GAF are in for a surprise with regards to what Sony will announce today. And not all of it in a good way either.

In any case, heading out soon to attend the pressers and some prep for the next few days. Enjoy the show BCT.

Onemic

Im making sure to not get my hopes up for the Sony press conference. I half expect them to be complete dumbasses and follow suit with MS in terms of DRM and used game bs. If that's the case I'll probably just skip next gen altogether or just get a WiiU. *shiver*

I think a lot of GAF are in for a surprise with regards to what Sony will announce today. And not all of it in a good way either.

In any case, heading out soon to attend the pressers and some prep for the next few days. Enjoy the show BCT.

This is my assumption as well. I'm expecting Sony to crash and burn at least here on GAF just from the level of holiness they've been placed and for no apparent reason. It's easy for me to be equally positive and negative for all console manufactures since the horse I was backing as a "fanboy" died many years ago.

In other news picked up Animal Crossing for my daughter Sunday......We already have a town fully up and running. Game is stupid simple but highly addictive. Felt like my daughter was 6 again when we first got it for the gamecube.

Onemic

This is my assumption as well. I'm expecting Sony to crash and burn at least here on GAF just from the level of holiness they've been placed and for no apparent reason. It's easy for me to be equally positive and negative for all console manufactures since the horse I was backing as a "fanboy" died many years ago.

In other news picked up Animal Crossing for my daughter Sunday......We already have a town fully up and running. Game is stupid simple but highly addictive. Felt like my daughter was 6 again when we first got it for the gamecube.

RIP in peace Sega

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Yo, I ordered that Animal Crossing 3DSXL. No shame

I'll be here, simply because I expect a slow day at work...so, if anyone knows how to get into irc, lemme know plz

Yo, I ordered that Animal Crossing 3DSXL. No shame

I'll be here, simply because I expect a slow day at work...so, if anyone knows how to get into irc, lemme know plz

Isn't AC a game that's actually a lifetime debt simulator? I heard that raccoon plays no games with the loan system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom