• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Yea I agree with the Sony Heel Turn....it's too perfect something is going to happen BCT....idk what but it's been years since Sony had everything lined up perfectly for them. Like PS2 level. Could the PS4 be the new Hood leader console?

Ah, that rationalizes why she said what she said about black men then.

what did she say?

Kaz comes on stage, chair shot from Balmer FROM THE RAFTERS, cuts promo. "I'm here to announce our new partnership. They support our fake-digital format for the Xbox One. No rentals, no used games, no problem. All games will be Steamworks compatible."

Gaben comes out to announce Half-Life 3, Xbone and PC exclusive. Drink beer on stage to NWO theme.

Slayven

I can see Ken Kutaragi appearing, carrying the prototype PS3. Him walking down the aisle somehow controlling Kaz. Forbidding him from banning used games.

hypernima

Banned
Yea I agree with the Sony Heel Turn....it's too perfect something is going to happen BCT....idk what but it's been years since Sony had everything lined up perfectly for them. Like PS2 level. Could the PS4 be the new Hood leader console?

what did she say?

That the lot were cheaters, in Spain they don't necessarily have a great rep either way.

what did she say?

Yeah I think this is the return of Sony to hood households everywhere.

harSon

Banned
I'm convinced that Sony is doing some type of used game DRM with the Playstation 4. Yoshida initially said that used games were left up to publishers, and executives have used language similar to Microsofts when asked to clarify (ie. TBA). I don't understand the decision to remain silent regarding the issue unless its something that is a reality within their platform, or a policy that they're reevaluating.

Maybe they're maintaining silence so they can make a public dig at Microsoft, but that seems more like console warrior fan fiction than a sound business decision.

Slayven

I'm convinced that Sony is doing some type of used game DRM with the Playstation 4. Yoshida initially said that used games were left up to publishers, and executives have used language similar to Microsofts when asked to clarify (ie. TBA). I don't understand the decision to remain silent regarding the issue unless its something that is a reality within their platform, or a policy that they're reevaluating.

Maybe they're maintaining silence so they can make a public dig at Microsoft, but that seems more like console warrior fan fiction than a sound business decision.

Maybe they want to address it live and in techincolor. Stuff coming from a live person can be a lot clearer than just a press release.

harSon

Banned
Kaz comes on stage, chair shot from Balmer FROM THE RAFTERS, cuts promo. "I'm here to announce our new partnership. They support our fake-digital format for the Xbox One. No rentals, no used games, no problem. All games will be Steamworks compatible."

Gaben comes out to announce Half-Life 3, Xbone and PC exclusive. Drink beer on stage to NWO theme.

I could actually see Half Life 3 being a Playstation 4 console exclusive. He has a rod lodged up his ass regarding Microsoft as of late, and if he's willing to go out of his way to make Linux a viable platform to spite Windows, then Half Life 3 to Playstation 4 seems more than possible.

Maybe they want to address it live and in techincolor. Stuff coming from a live person can be a lot clearer than just a press release.

There's nothing complex about saying "our policy regarding used games is the same as its always been."

Gorillaz

Gabe working with Sony is a bigger reality then MS especially after that little bitch fit he threw over W8 a few months ago.

I'm thinking Sony is stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Pressure from the publishers to follow MS and then pressure from the public. Is it worth fucking up publisher respect to gain an uncertain love from customers? Is it worth fucking up customer respect for love from publishers?

Kaz is going to have to bring out his inner Rock and find out which one he wants to rock bottom

EDIT: are we just using the BCT IRC for E3? Everything on this side will be shutdown right?

harSon

Banned
If they do have used game DRM, it's something that was already negotiated between themselves and publishers months/years ago. If that's the case, they're probably in the same situation Microsoft is in, and that's the fact that agreements are likely already in place.

I can understand the theories about pressure from Publishers but what about the legality issue in Europe as well as the weight of the Used Game market in Japan?

Europe is a quagmire with DRM and it straight up wouldn't fly in Japan. Would Sony be willing to make a specific console/OS just for NA to appease EA and whoever else?

DominoKid

yo this is the first time I've ever watched the Tony's, because fuck the NBA Finals. is it always this black? and is it always this entertaining? fuck this makes the Oscars look like shit.

Onemic

I could actually see Half Life 3 being a Playstation 4 console exclusive. He has a rod lodged up his ass regarding Microsoft as of late, and if he's willing to go out of his way to make Linux a viable platform to spite Windows, then Half Life 3 to Playstation 4 seems more than possible.
."

HL3 will never be a console exclusive. Most that gabe would do to get at MS would be to make it not compatible with W8 or something. The backlash against such a move would be insane, since most of the player base for the series is on PC.

harSon

Banned
HL3 will never be a console exclusive. Most that gabe would do to get at MS would be to make it not compatible with W8 or something. The backlash against such a move would be insane, since most of the player base for the series is on PC.

I meant Playstation 4 as the console exclusive. As in PC + PS4

DominoKid

aight that makes sense.

that "youre bitter tearzr are my bidet" reminds me of Balotelli's "Unless you apologise you will sweat the tears of my mother!" as far as nonsensical awesomeness.

I know Sony has to do some sort of DRM, but I highly doubt its anywhere near as bad as MS'. CBOAT has a sterling rep, if DRM is even worse than we imagine....dear gawd.

Fuck a Xbox One. I'd rather pay full price for a WiiL (which I won't eva do ever)

Imm0rt4l

If MS really did go to publishers with the idea for drm, then there may be some hope for sony. I'm expecting to see drm, but less stringent, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Gorillaz

The Wii L will always be the Wii L even with MS going off the deep end

I can't believe THEY were the ones that went to publishers...All this time I thought it was pubs that did it

if Cboat is right then that is some true bullshit

Gorillaz

A few people said Cboat talked about the 360 having red ring/overheating problems before it even released. So he has some high connections

Onemic

So there's more DRM that we don't know about that's even worse than what we've heard so far? I don't even....

MS has gone crazy. They were the ones that thought of this idea? Fuck them.

XenodudeX

Nah. What they'll do is talk about it during the conference, and maybe have a higher up like Kaz or something say there will be no DRM or it will work like the PS3, and that will be the que for the sony employees to cheer loudly and give a standing ovation or something.

Gorillaz

Wouldn't be surprised if Xbox One fucks your girl while your away. Just because it's that damn evil

Naw it probably does it right in front of you

What's weird is as hype as I was about E3 a couple weeks ago I can honestly say I don't give two shits about what's gonna happen this week. We all know shits gonna happen fuckered up and no one will be happy. I think this gen has showed that gaming is becoming too expensive a damn hobby. Everything gets short changed you don't get a full experience with games anymore because everyone is trying to make a damn cash grab. Its fucking insane. Just the other day I looked at the list of games announced and release dates this year and I only saw three that were worth a damn. Folks I think I'm gonna sit this gen out. Its a trainwreck that in all honesty is just gonna kill everyone.

DominoKid

People are gonna have to make Illuminati sacrifices to play videogames n shit.

my body is ready. X1 can have my soul.

tumblr_mm0n3xZO5C1rh8smko1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom