• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest though.

1) pc online play is free because someone else is paying for the dedi

2) the actual target spec of mass market pc games is s behind the curve, unless you sent to sell to like a thousand people. Even the wii u has a four mil install base.

A lot of people don't understand this point. Someone is spending money on that shit. Might be an ISP, might be some dude trying to keep a community alive. Either way its costing money

With Pokemon, Nintendo is just being stubborn. Pokemon as we know it is a handheld game to them, it's literally pocket monsters in Japan. If they made a real Pokemon MMO or even a home console version of the newer games I think the world would implode. No one doesn't want that. What the fuck Nintendo?

ReiGun

A pokemon mmo or other big game on consoles would likely kill or severely hurt the handheld version (at least in the west). And since Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest handheld system seller...you see where I'm going with this.

A big console Pokemon would be hype, but there's no way Nintendo is going to risk undermining the handheld version when - let's face it - handhelds have been their bread and butter for years and Pokemon is a huge part of that.

A lot of people don't understand this point. Someone is spending money on that shit. Might be an ISP, might be some dude trying to keep a community alive. Either way its costing money

With Pokemon, Nintendo is just being stubborn. Pokemon as we know it is a handheld game to them, it's literally pocket monsters in Japan. If they made a real Pokemon MMO or even a home console version of the newer games I think the world would implode. No one doesn't want that. What the fuck Nintendo?

What is this obsession with an MMO? The games have a ton of different mutiplayer features. Why does it all being in one large world make that much of a difference?

A pokemon mmo or other big game on consoles would likely kill or severely hurt the handheld version (at least in the west). And since Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest handheld system seller...you see where I'm going with this.

A big console Pokemon would be hype, but there's no way Nintendo is going to risk undermining the handheld version when - let's face it - handhelds have been their bread and butter for years and Pokemon is a huge part of that.

True. The only way I see a console version happening is if pokemon sales drop and they want to get people back on board. Which means it will always be a handheld exclusive, for Nintendo's security sake.

DominoKid

man if they made a Pokemon MMO i think a lot of people would just give up on real life and be on that .hack//Sign shit. Pokemon fans are wild.

Gorillaz

True. The only way I see a console version happening is if pokemon sales drop and they want to get people back on board. Which means it will always be a handheld exclusive, for Nintendo's security sake.

Yea thats true, if they did go on console that would pretty much end the handheld side. Tho they could try to make it work side by side but I don't think Nintendo has enough "resources" to do something that huge anyway

What is this obsession with an MMO? The games have a ton of different mutiplayer features. Why does it all being in one large world make that much of a difference?

You don't wanna go jet-skiing on a Blastoise with your crew?

MMOs don't load everyone unless its a hub anyway. Instances could be like a 100 people

PTW, you have to be in my Divisions unit. If I'm gonna participate in a Struggle MMO, I'm gonna need someone who lived it.

"No Moris, don't stop when that guy asks you if know what time it is! He's gonna knock you out and you're gonna wake up without your shoes!"

Gorillaz

So you saying not only was PTW the inspiration of The Last of Us but also The Division?

PartTime needs to lawyer up and start going after these companies

PTW, you have to be in my Divisions unit. If I'm gonna participate in a Struggle MMO, I'm gonna need someone who lived it.

"No Moris, don't stop when that guy asks you if know what time it is! He's gonna knock you out and you're gonna wake up without your shoes!"

"Hang on Moris, I recognize these tracks. There's a crackhead nearby, so be careful."

DominoKid

fuck i hate being broke. Dave Chappelle is playing here next week but tickets are $80 bucks.
i know skinny Dave is funnier than diesel Dave, but i'd go just to say i saw him.

add that to the list of reasons i need to get a job.

Slayven

My favorite E3 Gaf, if only they edited Trenton's face in.

io734RtyZirXV.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yea thats true, if they did go on console that would pretty much end the handheld side. Tho they could try to make it work side by side but I don't think Nintendo has enough "resources" to do something that huge anyway

im not grinding for a fucking pikachu again. that shit made me want to kill someone in blue. an mmo would make things ten times as bad. and then having people snipe your shit? people that ask for a pokemon mmo dont realize how much it would piss people off to play

the only thing i want for consoles with pokemon is conquest 2 with an actual world

Sony must be a brotha, cause now that they are flying high, haters are putting overtime to take them down.

That's always been the case. They really are though at least where I'm from. When cats wives/gf's used to have to come get them from the barber shop because they was on that ps2 on in makeshift madden tournament....You knew what the deal was.

FreeMufasa

Slayven

That's always been the case. They really are though at least where I'm from. When cats wives/gf's used to have to come get them from the barber shop because they was on that ps2 on in makeshift madden tournament....You knew what the deal was.

I known dudes that when they break up with their girl and move out, they could leave all their shit behind but that playstation.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I take it, streaming is as easy as getting xsplit and a webcam, correct? I don't need to stream games. Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions?

Gorillaz

X1 ain't hungry for it, but they will still sell well....in US and Europe...everywhere else is questionable but MS's marketing is ridiculous and huge when it needs to be

Also flipping through BET (yea yea) and I see Chris Tucker is hosting the BET awards? Like isn't he like out of his prime? I guess he needs a check to give to the IRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom