• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
It's like when Chris Rock was talking about how folks brag about never being to jail.

But aside from that, how is Microsoft gonna come back from this? They went IN, deep. Damage control left and right. Hiring people to go on message boards and astroturf. Paying 3rd parties to not show titles at the PS4 conference to try and deflect attention from their policies. Canceling interviews with the media. A guy lost his job behind this shit. There's no turning back from that.

Suddenly, that thread that said they were 'six months behind' makes a ton of sense now.

If those production rumors are true..poor bastards

Time to start saving money under my mattress for that ps4

gc2DVVK.gif

harSon

Banned
"I have no no problem paying for PS+. Especially since it means the network won't be hacked again."

People out here reaching. I got to stop talking games on fb.

I don't play games enough for plus to have any value for me. I really would be paying just to play online.

Most gamers are hypocrites, so that's no surprise.

I have a conference call at the same time as the Nintendo Direct. I'll be streaming it from my phone though.

Let's see if they can bring out the big..gu..aksdjfakldsfjkdslfjadskj!!!!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Bayonetta's new haircut and outfit is life giving. The game looked off the wall crazy just off of the few seconds they showed of gameplay.

MM in smash. I bet he's not going to suck, like he does in every fucking Capcom vs game he's ever been in.

BHZ Mayor

I couldn't even connect to any of the streams after a certain point, and it didn't help that Nintendo's own E3 site crapped out as soon as the timer hit zero. From what I could see in between stuttering on Joystiq, 3D Mario is a colossal disappointment. I was hoping for an open game on the scale of Galaxy or 64. Instead we get another 3D Land complete with linear levels and the shitty music style and aesthetic we've been getting since the 'New' games. After that, I closed Joystiq and couldn't connect to any the streams after that so I don't know (or really care) what everything else looked like. But hey, Dixie Kong's back though, and Mega Man is in Smash.

What in all of the fuck is going on at Nintendo?

As a consumer, it sucks that PSN multiplayer is being charged for, but I understand business-wise why this happened. Servers aren't free and a significant portion of gamers have shown a willingness to pay for online multiplayer.

But on the whole, Sony did right by my particular circumstances, I don't know how Microsoft intends to make a global push with the Xbox One at the moment unless they are going to have regional DRM policies in place.

As a consumer, it sucks that PSN multiplayer is being charged for, but I understand business-wise why this happened. Servers aren't free and a significant portion of gamers have shown a willingness to pay for online multiplayer.

But on the whole, Sony did right by my particular circumstances, I don't know how Microsoft intends to make a global push with the Xbox One at the moment unless they are going to have regional DRM policies in place.

The giant bomb guys touched on why regional DRM is basically an impossibility for MS. If a console is out there that can bypass their online DRM then nothing would stop people from figuring out how to do it with any console. MS went all in with the DRM stuff.

DominoKid

I couldn't even connect to any of the streams after a certain point, and it didn't help that Nintendo's own E3 site crapped out as soon as the timer hit zero. From what I could see in between stuttering on Joystiq, 3D Mario is a colossal disappointment. I was hoping for an open game on the scale of Galaxy or 64. Instead we get another 3D Land complete with linear levels and the shitty music style and aesthetic we've been getting since the 'New' games. After that, I closed Joystiq and couldn't connect to any the streams after that so I don't know (or really care) what everything else looked like. But hey, Dixie Kong's back though, and Mega Man is in Smash.

What in all of the fuck is going on at Nintendo?

same shit they always do. trying to get by on nostalgia.

they dont.

sn: after seeing that Bayo 2 trailer I'm not salty anymore. i'm just hoping there's a proper Bayo (or something from Platinum) on next-gen soon. Even a return to DMC proper would be great.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
"I have no no problem paying for PS+. Especially since it means the network won't be hacked again."

People out here reaching. I got to stop talking games on fb.

I don't play games enough for plus to have any value for me. I really would be paying just to play online.

that hacked line is bullshit, but i stand by ps plus. that shit is awesome.

DominoKid

Geoff Keighley had an interview with Don Mattrick (recorded pre conference) - here are some excerpts:

Keighley:"Did you know or did you anticipate the way the people would push back?"
Mattrick:"Absolutely - it's a super passionate community of people... till you use it [Xbox One] it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

Mattrick: "Xbox has been created by gamers for gamers."

Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

Mattrick: "The avarage internet connection is working the majority of the day - people are imagining that it isn't... It's change. There was a point in time when people would say all i want my phone to do is make a phonecall."

more can be found here: link

iv23sGUDChkrs.gif

this is the stuff that classroom case studies are made of. unreal.

Satch

Banned
geus;orge;wo.djfkngbhJGKFH.KJGNJKHBDJKGLMREJFKNDMD.FKJBN MBAYONETATATFYEHDJBGEULDJFKNHGE;ORFDHBE,JDFKBAYONETATTEUTYGHUFTKYUGEBAYONETTA BAYONETATATETTEETETETETEFKYTU,DUFYGRK,HS BAYONETTA

BAYONETTA
BAYONETTA
BAYONETTA
BAYONETTA
BAYONETTA

I SCREAM

Sony/PS fanboys are gonna be unbearable for time being

a small side effect of the utter destruction of Microsoft's current anti-consumer console policy.

Truth be told, I don't see any mind-blowing, earth shattering games. It's only the no DRM/no restrictions that has everyone in a tizzy. Oh and the price.

I guess it is kinda justified.

only new game that wowed me was Titanfall.

too bad they don't want my money.

Mr. Patch

Say what you want about Nintendo, I'd buy the majority of the Wii U games they showed today.

Mario Kart 8 looks better than expected.

Wonderful 101 looks great.

DKCR:TR is probably gonna be better than the first.

3D World looks good (and I've never played 3D Land so the whole style will be new to me).

Pikmin 3 gonna be good.

Smash Bros should be good (please, speed it up from Brawl).

And most importantly...

BAYONETTA 2

BAYOFUCKINGNETTA TWOOOOOOOO *tears*

zero_suit

Say what you want about Nintendo, I'd buy the majority of the Wii U games they showed today.

Mario Kart 8 looks better than expected.

Wonderful 101 looks great.

DKCR:TR is probably gonna be better than the first.

3D World looks good (and I've never played 3D Land so the whole style will be new to me).

Pikmin 3 gonna be good.

Smash Bros should be good (please, speed it up from Brawl).

And most importantly...

BAYONETTA 2

BAYOFUCKINGNETTA TWOOOOOOOO *tears*
True, but they need to drop the price. Also, Sony did the Vita dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom