• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I can't play shooters without onset analog sticks. It just doesn't feel right :/ I prefer the dual shock for games like Dmc, Bayonetta, etc though.

DominoKid

i hope the dpad still feels like it did in the ps2 days. if it is then, i'm so there for the new Guilty Gear.

i didn't play much ps3 this gen so i missed out on so many fighters.

DominoKid

Miley Cyrus spreading them culture vulture wings. Asks for a "Black" sound.

Nevertheless, they've taken on stars from nearly every genre of music, including Akon, Jennifer Hudson, Ashlee Simpson and Gwen Stefani. Their most recent project has been breaking actress/singer Miley Cyrus out of her bubblegum Disney shell and into the spunky young woman she has always been. For her forthcoming album, the Thomases crafted the catchy Mike WiLL Made It-produced party bumper "We Can't Stop" and revealed that the mohawked songbird was particular about the sound she was aiming for.

"When you listen to the Miley Cyrus record that we did, it's not ratchet but it definitely has a lot of urban feel to it," Timothy said. "She was like, 'I want urban, I just want something that just feels Black.'”

Some say that Miley has blurred the pop color lines, showing up at Juicy J shows unannounced and twerking what her momma gave her. Even Snoop Lion and French Montana adore her.

Still, the starlet formerly known as Hannah Montana took on the record after Rihanna passed and embraced the gifted brothers for turning a scene from her real life into a lyrical miracle.

"They played it for Miley and she had just come from partying. She was like, 'I was just partying with my friends and everything you just said in this song I seen,'" Theron said about Miley's reaction. "'I was looking at it from standing on a couch with my friends, just chilling in the cut and looking around the club like whoa...I’m hearing the song like that was my weekend. I have to do this song,' [she said] and then we just got connected from there."

shit we already know, but i'm tripping off the mental image i have of Miley asking for a "black" sound. shit reminds me of The Boondocks.

Gorillaz

IT was only a matter of time for miley, honestly most Disney stars wanted to get rid of that "bubblegum soft" image once they are no longer with them aka turn 18. I think Hilary Duff is one of the few people that is still sane after Disney.

IT was only a matter of time for miley, honestly most Disney stars wanted to get rid of that "bubblegum soft" image once they are no longer with them aka turn 18. I think Hilary Duff is one of the few people that is still sane after Disney.

Is she also one of the few that time has done well? I mean she not old plus being a mom I'm glad "Hollywood" hasn't caught up to her.

DominoKid

she got caught sucking dick on a balcony though :O :O :O :O :O :O

yeah she's pretty uneventful. i wish she would do a movie or a show. like a young suburban milf role. then again she is only 25.

she got caught sucking dick on a balcony though :O :O :O :O :O :O

yeah she's pretty uneventful. i wish she would do a movie or a show. like a young suburban milf role. then again she is only 25.

I'm disappointed I missed that bit of news. It speaks more to her character as a person. However the above idea would be awesome.

I didnt realize cats were feindin for a new killer instict, that shit wasnt hot in my hood, back in the day it was either mortal kombat, streat fighter or something from SNK. I was watching that shit get revealed and I'm like is this supposed to trigger my nostalgia or something coz this shit look wack as fuck

ReiGun

Any nostalgic hype I might have been able to muster for KI was killed with "free to play with only one character available at launch and from the makers of the Green Lantern and Battleship movie games."

I mean....fuck.

I didnt realize cats were feindin for a new killer instict, that shit wasnt hot in my hood, back in the day it was either mortal kombat, streat fighter or something from SNK. I was watching that shit get revealed and I'm like is this supposed to trigger my nostalgia or something coz this shit look wack as fuck

Most people would agree with you. KI only reminds me of the SNES/N64 era, I didn't have many memories directly associated with the series itself.

DominoKid

you dont have any love for the UULLLLLLLLLLTRA COMBOOOOOOOOO!!!

that shit was always hot at the arcades even though it wasnt really good.

Anyone listens to the podcast "We Nerd Hard"? They discussed E3. There was salt.

Listened to it this morning, so much salt. I'm amazed how much mental gymnastics someone who's opinion I respect from his other podcasts would make to convince himself that Microsoft is offering gamers a better console.

ReiGun

KI was a dumb Mortal Kombat rip off that somehow managed to still be pretty fun, mainly because of the combos. But nobody outside a handful of people are checking for that shit in 2013. Especially not in the form its in.

Gorillaz

Yea I honestly thought Rare was going to come out swinging with Banjo/Kazooie or something mascot like....I mean they weren't even really there

Rare look like they ain't eating right now

EDIT: Is this the first time a fighting went F2P? shit made me turn my head when I first heard that

ReiGun

There's also a f2p DoA coming out.

I think the f2p model could work for fighters, but KI isn't the game to start that trend (and based on some impressions I read this morning, Tekken R wont be either).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

it got quite a bit of play when i was a kid. then i got the snes version and got hooked on cinder. but im not gonna pretend it was a magnum opus, and this free to play nonsense is not something im willing to get down with.

Slayven

KI is one of those things everyoine says should come back, but when it does they realize they were wrong.

Basically Eternal Champions>>>>>>>>>>>>>Killer Instinct.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
KI is one of those things everyoine says should come back, but when it does they realize they were wrong.

Basically Eternal Champions>>>>>>>>>>>>>Killer Instinct.

hell. no. ec moved, and played like shit. the most interesting aspects of it(the cinekills) are alll on youtube

Slayven

I jsut found out Kevin Geviox did the voice for the Black Beetle.

M0UmSMt.jpg

DominoKid

Using some of my endless free time to get back into writing. Who knows maybe you'll be reading my book one day or watching my cartoon (the ideal). I wouldn't know how to get my story to somebody who could make that shit into something visual but that's a long way off.

Anyway, It's fucking hard as shit to think of a good main character name. Maybe I'm overthinking it, because side characters I just pick something and roll w/ it but the main character has to be something really cool.

M0UmSMt.jpg

*clear throat* MEAT

Anyway, It's fucking hard as shit to think of a good main character name. Maybe I'm overthinking it, because side characters I just pick something and roll w/ it but the main character has to be something really cool.

I was doing nothing & a random link on tweeter took me to a random name generator & I saw an awesome name for a lead character. Go figure

I just listened to an interesting podcast about branding in the nonprofit sector. It's relevant to my interests since I'm trying to get the one I'm involved in to update itself in several avenues.

Well this pretty much sums up what I wanted to hear from Sony in regards to charging for online.

"That's [was] a big decision," he said, "what we internally discussed and decided is that we will continue the free access to online play on PS3 and Vita, so that's clear. But because on PS4 the online connectivity features such as second screen, auto downloads and share features - these are one big pillar of the PS4 experience and we will continue to invest in this area to expand and improve these online features and services.

"If we keep giving away online access for free, the natural pressure is that we have to cut down on the cost to provide this free service. But that's conflicting with our goal of being able to provide very robust and great online services going forward. So we decided that on PS4, because we want to continue to invest and improve our new services, we've asked the most engaged consumers in the online activities to share the burden with us so that we can continue to invest."

This boy Yoshia is about to get on Iwata type levels with the love:

M0UmSMt.jpg
Don't forget avid comic enthusiast. He wrote new warriors for a little while during decimation and secret invasion. He was shaping up to do some big things then.....

sales happened. Rather didn't happen.

And KI was huge when I was coming up. Used to spend weekends at a friends house and we would go to the arcade to run shop on people in KI2. Then couple years back a group of us started up random fighters. KI and GG. Hell a little SNK v Capcom. So it was a big deal for me. But the devil in the details......

Also one more day BCT...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Kanye gonna kanye. Riling up everyone again. Seem like he is trying to twist the troll knife and put out as much content as he can while he is still in the light before his kid is born. Don't blame him at all. Not sure how much of it is an act and how much is natural egomania but its entertaining nonetheless.

hwalker84

To me fellow black members in this thread. Do you see a problem within our culture with black women and fitness?

In my gym it's rare to see a black women. Within every single one of my friends when we had this discussion we couldn't think of a single member of any of our families that was a women who actively worked out or cared about fitness.

I suspended my wife's gym membership over a year ago and never told her. It will go back into effect if she ever goes back.

Just looked up a statistic and 4/5 black women are obese.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
To me fellow black members in this thread. Do you see a problem within our culture with black women and fitness?

In my gym it's rare to see a black women. Within every single one of my friends when we had this discussion we couldn't think of a single member of any of our families that was a women who actively worked out or cared about fitness.

I suspended my wife's gym membership over a year ago and never told her. It will go back into effect if she ever goes back.

Yuuuuuuup. Living in ATL, there are a good number of attractive ladies here, but also a higher number of overweight ones as well. (I think you meant to say overweight, not obese, right?)

Anyway, I've noticed a trend where we tend to exercise when it's too late. It might be because of the 'thick' craze (and that shit varies), or deeper issues.

But I see it daily.

It wasn't so bad in NYC, but down here in GA, it's really bringing down the average.

hwalker84

Yuuuuuuup. Living in ATL, there are a good number of attractive ladies here, but also a higher number of overweight ones as well. (I think you meant to say overweight, not obese, right?)

Anyway, I've noticed a trend where we tend to exercise when it's too late. It might be because of the 'thick' craze (and that shit varies), or deeper issues.

But I see it daily.
No I meant obese. The problem is people don't seem to know what that means. Its a scientific calculation. 4/5 black women are obese. Not just overweight. I'm tired of the hair excuse.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
nope

maybe on average with most our women working two jobs and single handily raising familys they don't have the time or money to hit the gym.

One of the sites I work is a "black" community with a gym, pool, etc. And during my time there out of the 40 or so people I've seen in there only 2 were not obese females. So there maybe some validity to this as well. And yes I too am in Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom