• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

I remember seeing two dudes at Gamestop looking at a KH box extra hard, then deciding it was "gay."

I like to think one of them went back and bought it when he was alone.

"eh imma go get some more milk because gamesp....I mean walmart about to close...ill be back in about 20"

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I've always been a fan of Kingdom Hearts, but after 2, i just let all the spinoffs slide. Even though i'm mostly xbox, i'd get a ps4 specifically to play that.

Kaizer

Banned
I gave up on Kingdom Hearts after Birth by Sleep on PSP. I realized I wasn't enjoying the games anymore and was only playing them to see the convoluted story develop into more mindfuckery. Now I just go to YouTube anytime a new one comes out to see what crazy secret ending it has.

KH3 does have my interest, but that ain't coming out for like 3 more years.

Imm0rt4l

I ain't checking for kh3. I'm optimistic about dat FFXV doe.

I haven't been interested in anything from squareenix jp in a long time.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I just saw someone post this on Twitter:

"Happy Father’s Day to all who identify as fathers!"

Dunno why this annoyed me (i have refrained from replying to the person). What is wrong with just plain saying "Happy Father's Day to the fathers/ dads out there"?

Am i missing something in terms of one being offensive or something?

And as for Final Fantasy, this is the only one i've played...ever!

Ff8_logo.png

FyreWulff

Dunno why this annoyed me (i have refrained from replying to the person). What is wrong with just plain saying "Happy Father's Day to the fathers/ dads out there"?

And as for Final Fantasy, this is the only one i've played...ever!

Ff8_logo.png

That is oddly specific. It's like.. pretty objective if you're a dad or not.

DominoKid

father's day is the saltiest holiday of the year by far.

ReiGun

Father's day as been pretty good on my fb. Everyone is either celebrating with their dads, or telling the bitter people to stfu.

XenodudeX

My dad was suppose to fly down from Maryland to visit for Father's Day but ended up missing his flight. Now I'm alone. Feels bad man. :(

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
father's day is the saltiest holiday of the year by far.

True dat, but what is with everyone having to "identify as" something nowadays? If a guy fathered a child, then he is a father, doesn't have a choice in the matter unless it was done without his knowledge.

If we are talking about being a Dad, then maybe that is a different matter no? The use of the term seems to have spread from discussions of sexuality to almost everything. its like someone saying to me that i identify as black. Err....no, i AM black. No need to psuedo-sugarcoat it.

BHZ Mayor

I could be reaching, and I hope this isn't bannable territory, but they could be talking about women that identify as the father in a two-women relationship. But I don't know anything about that, so I hope I didn't say anything out of line.

I could be reaching, and I hope this isn't bannable territory, but they could be talking about women that identify as the father in a two-women relationship. But I don't know anything about that, so I hope I didn't say anything out of line.

Probably just mean single women that raise kids.

Kaizer

Banned
You guys must know lots of dudes with dead beat dads.

Fathers Day on my fb is just like mothers day...except no one gives a fuck.

It was sad, about 4 years ago it finally dawned on me that out of all of my closest friends, I was the only one who had both parents still in relationship together and involved in their child's life. I can only think of 1 or 2 of my best friends who have their father in their life somewhat.

Sorta made me feel lucky that I have both of mine, hell me & my Dad were just freestyling over "I Am God" like an hour ago lol.

You guys must know lots of dudes with dead beat dads.

Fathers Day on my fb is just like mothers day...except no one gives a fuck.

Too get past all the salt I just call my mother and wish her happy fathers day. Never met my deadbeat father and I did research and found out he was a convicted sex offender. So to be honest I don't dwell on that shit. I recognize the one person in my life who was both mother and father in my life. Fuck being salty over what isn't and acknowledge what you have.

I got a cousin who's father is such a piece of garbage he pretty much told my cuz he wasn't in his life because he hated his mom's just that much. Even though he always wanted a son. Rather than do right by my cuz he went out and had another son. My cousin is now 32. Here's the kicker; my aunt is so head over heels she refuses to divorce the man. They've been separated for close to 20 years now.

My old man has always been in my life though, even when my folks temporarily separated he was still there.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Too get past all the salt I just call my mother and wish her happy fathers day. Never met my deadbeat father and I did research and found out he was a convicted sex offender. So to be honest I don't dwell on that shit. I recognize the one person in my life who was both mother and father in my life. Fuck being salty over what isn't and acknowledge what you have.

I hear ya brother. Its the same with me, but reverse. My dad was the one constant in my life, my mother passed away when i was young, and my stepmom didn't deserve to even have the last part of that title. Like you said, not worth dwelling over

This year will be my parents' 47th wedding anniversary. My dad is the real deal, and I feel a little sad that most of my friends didn't get the "two parents in one household" experience. I know a few who refer to their fathers as "sperm donors". :(

DominoKid

Watching Miss USA, North and South Cack have the only 2 black chicks in the show and they made the top 10. I was rooting for Massachusetts though.

Slayven

Watching Miss USA, North and South Cack have the only 2 black chicks in the show and they made the top 10. I was rooting for Massachusetts though.

I don't know why you slobbering over those kiln baked offenses to womanhood, when we have 2 sterling queens that post in this thread.

So today is the end of an era.

I'm trading in my 60 gig ps3 and upgrading to a slim.

It hurts cause me and this bastard have been through a lot.....

RedSwirl

So today is the end of an era.

I'm trading in my 60 gig ps3 and upgrading to a slim.

It hurts cause me and this bastard have been through a lot.....

I stuck with the 60GB (upgraded the hard drive) till it broke down. Then repaired it, then it broke down again. I've only in the last few weeks gone permanent slim.

I stuck with the 60GB (upgraded the hard drive) till it broke down. Then repaired it, then it broke down again. I've only in the last few weeks gone permanent slim.

She runs fine just certain games she has trouble. I upgraded the HDD to 150 GB. And she punches like a champ but she is on her last legs. I'm just sad that my PS2 games are gonna go to waste. I might trade them locally.

And slay go and get a new one not refurbished and send me a friend request. There worth it now and I doubt they lose value in the upcoming months. In a year yes soon no.

Gorillaz

It amazes me how better black skinhead sounds live when he was on SNL. Thought it was hype as hell

then I heard the leaked album version..............

My dad is the weirdest white dude in the world. He fucking loves Kanye. Like that's the only rap music he will listen to. He just loves how cocky he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom