• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Anybody in here use the Curly Girl Method?

A few weeks ago I got a little curious because I've been hearing about it everywhere, so I read up on it. Avoiding shampoos with silicones and sulfates...made sense. Didn't see what was so girl specific about it, and I tend to keep my hair on the long side, so I decided to give it a shot.

Went to Sally's Beauty Supply and picked up some really fucking expensive cleansing conditioner (Wen, all natural, silicone and sulfate free. Took it home and gave it a try.

Was a bit disappointed at first.

My hair didn't feel any different, in fact afterwards my hair lacked that "squeaky clean" sensation that I'm used to, and I was tempted to go back to my standard shampoo (garnier fructis). But then I remembered reading that it takes some time before you start to notice a difference, and I'd already bought this expensive-ass shampoo, and my hair didn't smell (which was my big concern). So I figured I'd give it a few weeks.

Tonight, I noticed a difference for the first time.

Got out of the shower and towel-dried my hair, and even after it was completely dry a little over an hour later I noticed that my hair still felt really soft, and had more of a natural curl. Also not nearly as frizzy as it usually is after I've washed but before I put product in.

I don't really have a "before" shot, but trust me: I sent it to my mommy and she noticed a difference.

So, anybody else go "sulfate free" when it's time to shampoo? I have to admit I'm still not quite use to that lack of a squeaky clean sensation--it definitely feels like there's still something in your hair when you're done washing--but my hair doesn't smell or get flaky afterwards, so I guess that's a good thing?

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. Think I might do this long-term.
That's a picture of you?

What a boss, my goodness.

ReiGun

I am no expert but I am a nerd. But I think MoS will be a shakey foundation for the DCCU.

I agree somewhat. I think there's fertile ground here for them to really deliver in the Superman sequel, but I'd be nervous if they had kept to their plan to do Justice League next.

They got so much right. Synder and co. really do understand what makes Superman work. The execution was just lacking.

Went to my first strip club..

Made that shit clap!
KuGsj.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Maybe I like superhero movies a lot because im not into comics that much.

yall nerds are hard to please

All I ask is that the characters at least appear or act like their counterparts. Which is why I am pissed that raimi gave us the awkward scarecrow and the busted up mannequin for peter Parker and Mary Jane, and fools ate that shit up like it was going outta style.

On a side note, I don't think I've wanted a game to bomb more than dead pool.

A.E Suggs

I agree somewhat. I think there's fertile ground here for them to really deliver in the Superman sequel, but I'd be nervous if they had kept to their plan to do Justice League next.

They got so much right. Synder and co. really do understand what makes Superman work. The execution was just lacking.

The superman movie couldn't be any worst than Iron Man 3. I may go see the man of steel tonight.

Slayven

All I ask is that the characters at least appear or act like their counterparts. Which is why I am pissed that raimi gave us the awkward scarecrow and the busted up mannequin for peter Parker and Mary Jane, and fools ate that shit up like it was going outta style.

On a side note, I don't think I've wanted a game to bomb more than dead pool.

Want to be part of my Deadpool Revenge Squad? I can get a good deal on an abandoned warehouse.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That guy is hilarious, he has some other good vines as well. Vine needs to have a better way of sharing outside of the app itself though. Irritating when all I can find is the facebook harSon posted that just links re-uploads.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
That guy is hilarious, he has some other good vines as well. Vine needs to have a better way of sharing outside of the app itself though. Irritating when all I can find is the facebook harSon posted that just links re-uploads.

I did a few at E3. It gives a URL just like any other app, and as it is linked to Twitter accounts, posts there as well unless the user revokes that access.

A.E Suggs

I liked it more than IM3. Not that I thought IM3 was total crap, mind you.

I was disappointed by both movie to some degree, but more disappointed by IM3.

Lmao

Well I didn't think IM3 was total crap either(I'm an IM fanboy though) I just thought the villain was done horribly. So without giving to many spoilers what exactly makes the movie bad?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I did a few at E3. It gives a URL just like any other app, and as it is linked to Twitter accounts, posts there as well unless the user revokes that access.
How would I find the url from the vine app to post other places? Or would I need to have their twitter account?

ReiGun

Well I didn't think IM3 was total crap either(I'm an IM fanboy though) I just thought the villain was done horribly. So without giving to many spoilers what exactly makes the movie bad?

The script mostly. Really spotty dialogue and some ideas that are never fully realized. There's also some pacing and editing issues. On the other hand, the visuals are outstanding. The best superhero action to date. The cast is also great for the most part, managing to inject some life into a movie that is not trying to have it.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but it definitely could have been better.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
How would I find the url from the vine app to post other places? Or would I need to have their twitter account?

It is easiest to find the URL from Twitter (depends on how badly you want to create a Twitter specifically for that purpose)

Vine also displays embed code with every video post, so if you can manipulate that on other sites, you can get the URL from the code. Or simple right click inside a vine video and cope the video URL. So this would give you this.

A.E Suggs

The script mostly. Really spotty dialogue and some ideas that are never fully realized. There's also some pacing and editing issues. On the other hand, the visuals are outstanding. The best superhero action to date. The cast is also great for the most part, managing to inject some life into a movie that is not trying to have it.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but it definitely could have been better.

Well I guess that doesn't sound to bad. If anything its gives me a reason to buy high priced theater popcorn without going to see a movie.

DominoKid

Man of Steel is legit as fuck. WOW! I got Superman TAS vibes from Cavill. Mala actually give me hope that they can make a decent Wonder Woman.

Although I still cant picture Amy Adams as Lois Lane. They could've done far better with that casting.

Oh and KH is hood certified.

Gorillaz

You would be surprised...KH kind of got a big following...It ain't for me but a chick at my job started foaming at the mouth when she saw the trailer at work

You see...Sony trying to feed it's people...so they will throw out anything at this point

ReiGun

I remember seeing two dudes at Gamestop looking at a KH box extra hard, then deciding it was "gay."

I like to think one of them went back and bought it when he was alone.

DominoKid

Im not sure what more you can ask for from a Superman movie. You cant please everyone. But as a dedicated hater of Superman I was thoroughly entertained. I'm excited to see what they do in the sequel.

After I finished KH1 and KH2 I realized KH3 would probably come to the PS3 so I went and got one. Jokes on me right they release like 20 spinoffs for everything but the PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom