• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
V4sK1Pc.jpg
Posting from your vita?

Dy's son........

Biography:
my mom is Irish/Cherokee...but I don't know much about my dad
Interests:
finding positive male role models
being a big man for my momma

i am dying here

harSon

Banned
Damn, the intro music to the podcast took me baaaaaaaaaack. Good shit.

Edit: Ohhh, Professor Beef, you're from Daly City? That's what's up. All your friends are Filipino huh?

Imm0rt4l

I just realized we never talked about Roots or the Wire. Oh well.

It would have been nice to talk about them since we kinda went a little off topic at times. But I'm sure that can be talked about on films or something. This episode on sitcoms would kinda make you think it would be all laughs, but shit is kinda depressing.

It would have been nice to talk about them since we kinda went a little off topic at times. But I'm sure that can be talked about on films or something. This episode on sitcoms would kinda make you think it would be all laughs, but shit is kinda depressing.

Would have been less depressing if we had good sitcoms to talk about now. To realize the peak of good shit happened almost 20 years ago sucks.

Anyone here the only black guy in their office workplace?

Share your pain

When I was in the military I was the only black guy in my unit. I was the go to person on all matters black. It was pretty annoying but I eventually just stopped socializing as much as possible with those that would badger me with that shit.

I know Everybody Hates Chris was mentioned, but it deserves more play. Really good show.

You all mentioning the sad episodes of Fresh Prince made me thnk of the Bernie Mac episode where his uncle dies. That was some powerful stuff.

Gorillaz

Haha glad you guys brought up The Game on the podcast. That literally was the last show good show out there that had some type of "plot".

When that shit hit BET it was a wrap.

Haha glad you guys brought up The Game on the podcast. That literally was the last show good show out there that had some type of "plot".

When that shit hit BET it was a wrap.
Fuck them for turning it into a drama//comedy instead of a comedy/drama.

Centric and theone channels only thing keeping me sane these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom